Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I don't see any mention of the light-emitting projectile issue, which renders the game unplayable.
[doublepost=1549292536,1549292007][/doublepost]Will the radial hotbar be:
  1. opened by holding L2,
  2. navigated with R3,
  3. and closed by releasing L2?
If so, I'm on board. That leaves R2 as a spare button we can use assign as something else.
The way the radial hotbar works on PC is that you open it by holding the button and then both the right AND the left stick will select a hotbar slot. So you can't move and change hotbar slots at the same time. It's the only PC limitation I have a problem with.

The way the radial hotbar works on PC is that you open it by holding the button and then both the right AND the left stick will select a hotbar slot. So you can't move and change hotbar slots at the same time. It's the only PC limitation I have a problem with.
Do you think that's an oversight?

Ugh... more waiting..... cmon guys what's the deal.. you keep updating everything else and keep adding stuff to other platforms meanwhile mobile is left in the dust dead last.... this is getting so old so fast an def not buying it for another platform when I cant even get an update for the one I have.... no way man... my phone can handle the PC version with zero issues I'm sure, there's no reason mobile shouldn't have everything the other platforms have...esp when I keep seeing that Chinese beta version... it's not hard to make this happen. . I did buy the game so its def not free work and I dont mind paying bcuz terraria is awesome and unique, but it NEEDS to be updated like the PC version.. who cares about low end phones... they know the gamble... its same for low end pcs, some games wont work bcuz it's a low end phone or pc... but plz fix this like asap... why is it taking so long? What is this Japanese or Chinese beta version? Is this from you guys?

Ugh... more waiting..... cmon guys what's the deal.. you keep updating everything else and keep adding stuff to other platforms meanwhile mobile is left in the dust dead last.... this is getting so old so fast an def not buying it for another platform when I cant even get an update for the one I have.... no way man... my phone can handle the PC version with zero issues I'm sure, there's no reason mobile shouldn't have everything the other platforms have...esp when I keep seeing that Chinese beta version... it's not hard to make this happen. . I did buy the game so its def not free work and I dont mind paying bcuz terraria is awesome and unique, but it NEEDS to be updated like the PC version.. who cares about low end phones... they know the gamble... its same for low end pcs, some games wont work bcuz it's a low end phone or pc... but plz fix this like asap... why is it taking so long? What is this Japanese or Chinese beta version? Is this from you guys?
They have no bias towards any platforms. The next PC update has been in developement for 2 years so far with no release, so no, they haven’t been constantly updating other platforms.
I’m pretty sure they have multiple teams for different platforms, too.
Sure, they have released a few hotfixes for console, but not much. Plus, hotfixes are easy to pump out.
Also, that Chinese beta you’re talking about; it was leaked and never meant to be released.

They have no bias towards any platforms. The next PC update has been in developement for 2 years so far with no release, so no, they haven’t been constantly updating other platforms.
I’m pretty sure they have multiple teams for different platforms, too.
Sure, they have released a few hotfixes for console, but not much. Plus, hotfixes are easy to pump out.
Also, that Chinese beta you’re talking about; it was leaked and never meant to be released.

Not to mention the mobile version was handed off to a different company to complete. They did this in an attempt to expedite things so try and be patient, they’re doing their best.

First of all. Grow up. Your 30. Second. That Chinese version is buggier than low rent project housing.

First of all. Grow up. Your 30. Second. That Chinese version is buggier than low rent project housing.
I don't think you have any right telling someone to grow up based on a complaint or something you don't like to hear. That's not how the real world works. Their age has nothing to do with it.

People like myself and that person who have been around since early Xbox 360 days have been more than patient and witnessed the completlco incompetent ways these updates have been handled.

All you have to do is go on YouTube and look, you will find 1.3 update announcement from almost 3 years ago and it took that long to catch a game on console up to PC. They chose to rewrite the game instead of just adding PC content. It has absolutely not made updating the game any faster. Another false claim which you can see for yourself.

I like many others have supported this game by purchasing more than one copy on different platforms so I/we could enjoy features that were not available on last Gen. That's a financial support choice we have made and voicing our disappointment should be permitted especially if it's not hurting anyone. Except feelings. To that I say grow up.

Next Gen consoles will be out before they catch current consoles and mobile/switch versions up to PC if you go by their recent history of delays and questionable decisions. Having a game on the PS4 get a content update months before the Xbox one is ridiculous. It's not common at all.

Saying all that I know they have tried to give everyone a equal and enjoyable experience but they have without a doubt failed in many ways. If the devs want to come onto a message board and share information with people that is fantastic and should be common practice in the gaming industry but they should be able to take criticism and negative feedback without throwing a fit. It's only fair. I have literally hundreds of hours in Terraria so it's going to take a monumental content addition moving forward to keep me and others like myself interested.

The longer they take, the more it hurts them. Absolutely no way to deny that.

I don't think you have any right telling someone to grow up based on a complaint or something you don't like to hear. That's not how the real world works. Their age has nothing to do with it.

People like myself and that person who have been around since early Xbox 360 days have been more than patient and witnessed the completlco incompetent ways these updates have been handled.

All you have to do is go on YouTube and look, you will find 1.3 update announcement from almost 3 years ago and it took that long to catch a game on console up to PC. They chose to rewrite the game instead of just adding PC content. It has absolutely not made updating the game any faster. Another false claim which you can see for yourself.

I like many others have supported this game by purchasing more than one copy on different platforms so I/we could enjoy features that were not available on last Gen. That's a financial support choice we have made and voicing our disappointment should be permitted especially if it's not hurting anyone. Except feelings. To that I say grow up.

Next Gen consoles will be out before they catch current consoles and mobile/switch versions up to PC if you go by their recent history of delays and questionable decisions. Having a game on the PS4 get a content update months before the Xbox one is ridiculous. It's not common at all.

Saying all that I know they have tried to give everyone a equal and enjoyable experience but they have without a doubt failed in many ways. If the devs want to come onto a message board and share information with people that is fantastic and should be common practice in the gaming industry but they should be able to take criticism and negative feedback without throwing a fit. It's only fair. I have literally hundreds of hours in Terraria so it's going to take a monumental content addition moving forward to keep me and others like myself interested.

The longer they take, the more it hurts them. Absolutely no way to deny that.
His age does have something to do with it. So does yours. Grow up. Get a job. Get a girlfriend. Move out of your parents house. And stop crying about a freakin game. So what. The reason I'm not on here complaining is that I have a life outside of games. My 13 year old is more mature.

All of you - stop squabbling with each other.

I don't want to see any more of this 'grow up' nonsense here.
My apologies TK. It just makes me shake my head with face in palm when I see grown adults complaining about a game that really didn't cost them a whole lot of money to buy in the first place.
It's like Donald Trump stamping his feet demanding money to build a wall to keep my tacos out.
If there is never another update, I got more than my money's worth already.

I kind of wish that they release 1.3.6 before they release switch so that it has the new update. Those scarabs are (i'm sorry) the bomb. just 1.3 would be ok tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom