New Item to Terraria... True, Or Just a dev testing item?

Stardust Guardian

Official Terrarian
hello everyone! Today we are looking at a little item here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1090008879029776385

It looks like a much better sticky bomb, with a radius of about 12-20 blocks and a width of about 5.
Now, I wasn't expecting to make a analysis on a better sticky bomb, but lets move on.
It seems like a post(put hardmode boss here) bomb. Now, Maybe it can be pre hardmode, but come on, would you really want a bomb in pre hardmode destroying every block in sight? I think not. It makes somewhat of a boreal wood sword sprite in its blue flares. What can this mean? New item? Mining tool? Weapon? Who knows.
I had only this video to go on, and if there are any sources to link me to for more info, ill be posting information about it in the thread.

Happy Playing, Folks.

EDIT: I figured out it was confirmed to be named "The Scarab Bomb."
However, if any of you find this thread interesting, Conversate me about it.

hello everyone! Today we are looking at a little item here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1090008879029776385

It looks like a much better sticky bomb, with a radius of about 12-20 blocks and a width of about 5.
Now, I wasn't expecting to make a analysis on a better sticky bomb, but lets move on.
It seems like a post(put hardmode boss here) bomb. Now, Maybe it can be pre hardmode, but come on, would you really want a bomb in pre hardmode destroying every block in sight? I think not. It makes somewhat of a boreal wood sword sprite in its blue flares. What can this mean? New item? Mining tool? Weapon? Who knows.
I had only this video to go on, and if there are any sources to link me to for more info, ill be posting information about it in the thread.

Happy Playing, Folks.

EDIT: I figured out it was confirmed to be named "The Scarab Bomb."
However, if any of you find this thread interesting, Conversate me about it.
Hi @GodHimself, you can find more info about the scarab bomb by clicking the link in that tweet. It takes you to Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019 which tells you a small bit more about the new bombs.

Maybe it can be pre hardmode, but come on, would you really want a bomb in pre hardmode destroying every block in sight?
I personally would absolutely adore having this in pre-hardmode because it would significantly cut my explosives budget. I've dug tons of hellshafts and at this point I just bomb them because I don't want to spend any longer on it than I need to, and if I can get five bomb's worth of progress out of one explosive then I am all for that. They'll make Corruption/Crimson diving super funny, too.

From the sounds of the wording thoug, these might be drops...

Unique to the Desert Biome and descended from the ancient beetles of legend, these handy helpers make digging long tunnels or shafts a breeze!

And if so, well, there very well may be a new enemy to drop them. Possibly something big. The desert doesn't have its own boss yet, after all.

Show us the forbidden ice biome boss soon too thanks

I personally would absolutely adore having this in pre-hardmode because it would significantly cut my explosives budget. I've dug tons of hellshafts and at this point I just bomb them because I don't want to spend any longer on it than I need to, and if I can get five bomb's worth of progress out of one explosive then I am all for that. They'll make Corruption/Crimson diving super funny, too.

From the sounds of the wording thoug, these might be drops...

And if so, well, there very well may be a new enemy to drop them. Possibly something big. The desert doesn't have its own boss yet, after all.

Show us the forbidden ice biome boss soon too thanks
Dude. Tinfoil hat time, but here we go.

Mod devs are currently working on the code as a part-time thing. While we have no clue about who they are, one of them I believe is Yuyutsu, the developer of the Spirit Mod. Why? Because he posted this Oasis suggestion right here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/yuyus-minibiomes-the-oasis.70195/. This matches the confirmed Oasis biome well. So that suggests he's not only there, but also holds some control about what they add.

Now the Spirit Mod that the guy develops has a scarab boss: https://spiritmod.gamepedia.com/Scarabeus. Almost all other major content mods have an early game content boss in the desert as well.

Back
Top Bottom