Map-Adventure Harbinger: Adventure Map

If you're willing to give it, I'll need a bit more of a hint for the first two secrets at least. Haven't thoroughly searched for the third yet.
o_O Will it count as a 100% run if you have the secrets revealed? Hehe.
The first secret you missed is in Chamber 10 of the portal section.
The second secret you missed is at the upmost part of the forge, out of sight.
The third secret was NOT in one of the secret areas you missed, it was in one that you had previously found.

Okay, so...
Either the chamber 10 secret is way more well-hidden than any of the others, or I'm missing something obvious. I've spent something like two hours searching, to no avail.

For the forge secret, that was actually one of the first things I tried when searching the area, but I guess I didn't get the right angle.

Apologies for the double-post, but just to confirm...
It's not supposed to trigger a secret when escaping with Ezri, right? The one chest up there is in fact labeled secret, but there's no "secret area discovered" message.

Apologies for the double-post, but just to confirm...
It's not supposed to trigger a secret when escaping with Ezri, right? The one chest up there is in fact labeled secret, but there's no "secret area discovered" message.
I need to check the wiring, but that should be the secret. It's possible I considered making it "not a secret" while forgetting to remove it from the total count.

Okay. It's definitely not a secret in v1.17 and v1.18.1. Right, one secret left to find then.

And no wonder I wasn't able to find it, since it didn't exist.

Hey everyone! I've started a playthrough of the map. I'll be uploading a 30 min episode a week until it's done. I'll be telling you how to get secrets, solve puzzles, and giving some info on the creation of the map. You can find it here ^.^

I just wanted to say that that was an amazing map, thank you for making it. The mechanisms that you managed to pull off were on a whole new level. Some of the portal puzzles were quite tricky for me, but your walkthrough really helped me there. If you make another map in the future, I do have one suggestion: Instead of the linear path that this map had, I always prefer a more open ended one, with more exploration. That would also make it less punishing if any secrets are missed. Just a suggestion though ;). Cheers!

I just wanted to say that that was an amazing map, thank you for making it. The mechanisms that you managed to pull off were on a whole new level. Some of the portal puzzles were quite tricky for me, but your walkthrough really helped me there. If you make another map in the future, I do have one suggestion: Instead of the linear path that this map had, I always prefer a more open ended one, with more exploration. That would also make it less punishing if any secrets are missed. Just a suggestion though ;). Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback ^.^ I definitely plan to make more maps in the future. Some will be more open as well. They probably won't be quite as difficult or lengthy, as those are the two key complaints about this map, hehe. Live and learn. Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it ^.^

This is fantastic! I had trouble with the sniper test, like @creeperguy19 reported. My resolution maxes out at 1366×768, and I could just barely see the glow from the yellow indicators, not the indicators themselves. But blindly shooting in their direction finally got me past it. :happy:

(I also feel kind of bad for getting the "Robbing the Grave" Steam achievement by picking up that rifle, instead of doing it "honestly"...)

hi ! Does this map work in 1.4 ?
All maps that worked in previous versions will now work in 1.4, however once a world of a previous version is loaded in Terraria 1.4, it will be incompatible with older versions.

Correction: They should work with 1.4. If not, it is likely that the map was created using a technique no longer available in 1.4.

Last edited:
All maps that worked in previous versions will now work in 1.4, however once a world of a previous version is loaded in Terraria 1.4, it will be incompatible with older versions.
That's not necessarily true. Harbinger was made using a lot of unintended techniques in TEdit, and it's possible the update broke those, as essentially I was breaking the game to make the map do what I wanted it to do. I haven't tested the adventure map in 1.4 yet, but it's possible that it isn't working. I plan to test it next week.

are you going to update the map to include some 1.4 features?
Unfortunately, I won't be updating Harbinger at all. I used some unique techniques in TEdit to force the game to do what I wanted it to do without the need for mods (which is why Harbinger played in vanilla Terraria). But 1.4 broke the way that those work, so a very large portion of the map no longer works. I would have to redesign the entire map from scratch to fix it for 1.4, and unfortunately that's just not worth the time, as I personally think it would be better to just create a new adventure all together. So sadly, the map will forever playable only in version 1.3.5.

Unfortunately, I won't be updating Harbinger at all. I used some unique techniques in TEdit to force the game to do what I wanted it to do without the need for mods (which is why Harbinger played in vanilla Terraria). But 1.4 broke the way that those work, so a very large portion of the map no longer works. I would have to redesign the entire map from scratch to fix it for 1.4, and unfortunately that's just not worth the time, as I personally think it would be better to just create a new adventure all together. So sadly, the map will forever playable only in version 1.3.5.
At least we can still play it in tmodloader... for now. But I bet they will still have the 1.3.5 version since some mods might break :)

So, erm, I'm playing it in TML (no mods enabled tho) and I'm stuck on
portal station level 2
Could I please get a tip or two?

Back
Top Bottom