Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, with modification

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doanage

Terrarian
Ever waste hours of your life wandering around the underground snow biome, searching for a blizzard in a bottle, only to smash your keyboard in frustration after finding your 4th snowball cannon? I have, and it isn't pretty. It's at times like this I find myself wishing I had an NPC buddy to point me in the right direction.

----------Introducing the Treasure Hunter--------------

This guy isn't good for much, and once you find any treasure he'll move into your house and start mooching (like the angler he's a total freeloader). However, once a day he'll whisper you something like "Psst! Hey I just got a lead on a new treasure!" and for a fee he'll mark the location of a treasure on your map (for an item-type you haven't found yet). This will be a little like the angler quests, probably with dialogue associated to the biome where the treasure is found ("Myths tell of a land high in the clouds...", "Apart from the bee stings and the Swamp :red:, it's really a lovely place..."), and maybe a little hint as to what it might be ("I remember the time my Granpappy had his face torn off by a zombie, but we stuck that thar thingy on his finger and his face grew back in minutes! Sort of. Grandma did leave him after that... but hey, a nose is a nose. At least it worked!")

------------------------------------------------------------

I get that exploring is a big part of the game, and I certainly enjoy it too, but there's a fine line that Terraria crosses a little too often for my liking. Personally, I think having a treasure spot marked on my map (not knowing what's around it, or the best way to get there) and then navigating my way to it knowing that it will pay off in the end, would only add to the fun of exploration. Most of your treasure you'll still find incidentally through exploration, but occasionally the Treasure Hunter would help you find those stubborn items that you're not interested in wasting hours of your life to locate. I see this as a simple quality of life improvement.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom