[Mod Suggestion for Modders] Buff in a bottle.

[✚] Dr.Shadox

Official Terrarian
Hello , i post this suggestion because i've get an interesting mod idea but sadly my skill are limited to sprites (and i'm not the best) , but i'm pretty sure one of you (yeah modders i speak to you ^^) would make it if you have some free time.

Of cours i can make a sprite for every item.

SO , the idea : Add furniture in the game working like a Heart lantern (or Star in a bottle) from a buff potion, who can be placed then giving the buff in a radius.

Exemple :
[Thorn in a bottle] Can be placed in the same way as Heart Lantern for give Thorn buff to everyone in a given radius around (same as firecamp or heart lantern).
Craft :
-Thorn potion x 99 (?)
-Bottle x 1
-Chain x 1

Of cours you can set a bigger or smaller number of potion in the craft.

And a sprite of the [Thorn in a bottle]
Inventory
0fvRtZ.png

Placed
y2tTLD.png

If someone is ready for work on that, ask me wich buff potion you want or just say me you are ok and ill start to work on sprite.

I see 36 buff potion on wiki , but after every vanilla Buff-Bottle are done , we can also work on a mod-add-on (like for exemple for Thorium potion).

Last edited:
Hello , i post this suggestion because i've get an interesting mod idea but sadly my skill are limited to sprites (and i'm not the best) , but i'm pretty sure one of you (yeah modders i speak to you ^^) would make it if you have some free time.

Of cours i can make a sprite for every item.

SO , the idea : Add furniture in the game working like a Heart lantern (or Star in a bottle) from a buff potion, who can be placed then giving the buff in a radius.

Exemple :
[Thorn in a bottle] Can be placed in the same way as Heart Lantern for give Thorn buff to everyone in a given radius around (same as firecamp or heart lantern).
Craft :
-Thorn potion x 99 (?)
-Bottle x 1
-Chain x 1

Of cours you can set a bigger or smaller number of potion in the craft.

And a sprite of the [Thorn in a bottle]
Inventory
0fvRtZ.png

Placed
y2tTLD.png

If someone is ready for work on that, ask me wich buff potion you want or just say me you are ok and ill start to work on sprite.

I see 36 buff potion on wiki , but after every vanilla Buff-Bottle are done , we can also work on a mod-add-on (like for exemple for Thorium potion).

I really like this idea i might be able to incorporate this into the mod im currently working on if youd be interested, id just have to look at the code for campfires but im sure i could figure it out.

Hi , thx for reply.

The idea was to make a standalone mod , since soon or late, it's planned to make it working with others mods who aslo add buff potions , and be a part of a an another from the start will be a problem for that.

But if never i don't find someone for help me, i would reconsider your offer ^^.

Hi , thx for reply.

The idea was to make a standalone mod , since soon or late, it's planned to make it working with others mods who aslo add buff potions , and be a part of a an another from the start will be a problem for that.

But if never i don't find someone for help me, i would reconsider your offer ^^.

Sounds good, cheers

Back
Top Bottom