What keys do what?

Sockmonkey367

Official Terrarian
Basicly, which buttons do what? Here's my buttons

Keyboard: Everything the same as normal (i think) but off the top of my head wasd to move, E to hook, R to mount, Q to use a Healing Potion (i think) and ctrl for autotarget mining. Also, im not including mods, i have a few other things for mods

Mouse: Left and Right click are their normal functions, but pressing on the scroll wheel opens my inventory. To me, it's more convenient that hitting the ESC key since it doesn't stop the movement of my character

(PC) Mine is just the default with throw unbound. I spend alot of time on the pedguin server, and in all modes except survival, throwing an item makes it cease to exist. When I play with friends, I just pick up the item in my inventory and right click.

(Xbox1)The 1.2.4.5 controls. Redgit's pick is the bumper jumper of Terraria, and that's not what I'm looking for.

Basicly, which buttons do what? Here's my buttons
To me, it's more convenient that hitting the ESC key since it doesn't stop the movement of my character

I just use ring finger to press 'Esc' when going right or my pinky when going left. Usually, stopping for half a second whilst opening the inventory isn't that big of a deal for me anyway, so I haven't felt the need to change those controls around.

Reading this made me realize I changed some buttons x). I do not remember doing this, but here are my controls:

Q to hook
E to open inventory
R to mount

As far as I know everything else is default.

Last edited:
After returning to playing Terraria after playing Minecraft, I found myself hooking onto platforms when I wanted to open my inventory. So I bound my inv key to E, hook to R and mount to T. Put my throw key on P actually way back in 2013 when I threw my pickaxe through a solid wood wall on the second day. Other than that, default except I have a ton of mods and assign keys to their stuff as I go.

Back
Top Bottom