tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
You can generate the world without calamity mod, then enable it.
But rember that sunken sea and abyss wouldn't exist either (Astral infection wil stilll generate upon defeating WoF)

Also, you can just fish in the ocean from jungle side, this sea generates only in dungeon side of the world and when you feel strong, you can go to the abyss.
It's reccomended to go to abyss before defeating the Slime God and Wall Of Flesh.

I did generate it without the new biomes using an old version of the mod. So I figured it would be safe, but according to the wiki the pee sea is automatically placed on the dungeon side sea, no matter what. :( I like the updated graphics and things, and I updated it to avoid any bugs, but I may have to go back to the older version if I cant get rid of that corpse ocean... Its also a bit of a pain since I have to manually send the old version to everyone I play with, and I really wanted to explore the new biomes... It's a shame it's the ugliest one that's forced to exist, I dont think I'd mind the others too much. So far the reactions I've had to it are 'ew' and 'who clogged the toilet?' lol.

I did generate it without the new biomes using an old version of the mod. So I figured it would be safe, but according to the wiki the pee sea is automatically placed on the dungeon side sea, no matter what. :( I like the updated graphics and things, and I updated it to avoid any bugs, but I may have to go back to the older version if I cant get rid of that corpse ocean... Its also a bit of a pain since I have to manually send the old version to everyone I play with, and I really wanted to explore the new biomes... It's a shame it's the ugliest one that's forced to exist, I dont think I'd mind the others too much. So far the reactions I've had to it are 'ew' and 'who clogged the toilet?' lol.
This biome exists to be a "Surface Abyss", anyways i think it looks like a sea of toxic waste too.
I enter this biome only to enter abyss, which actually looks nice.

Anyways, i don't know what to say then...

I actually like the "piss ocean" and don't mind the yellow. It makes sense for it to be yellow because that's the color of sulphur deposits around sulphur lakes in real life. If any change should be made, it would be to add occasional blue fire, or make the water a sort of turquoise color, but y'know, artistic license. (Source)
Another fun fact: sulphur is often called "brimstone"

Also, if your urine is that brownish-yellow color, you should probably drink more water. &-_-

Last edited:
Only the surface is piss colored, once you dip deeper it turns dark blue. (Donno how that's possible IRL but eh.)

subnautica aside, lets be real for a moment: How many underwater biomes exist in modded terraria?

Unless I'm missing something, 3: 2 in calamity, and 1 in Thorium. And honestly I think they're handled pretty well mechanic wise to keep them interesting.

I actually like the "piss ocean" and don't mind the yellow. It makes sense for it to be yellow because that's the color of sulphur deposits around sulphur lakes in real life. If any change should be made, it would be to add occasional blue fire, or make the water a sort of turquoise color, but y'know, artistic license. (Source)

Also, if your urine is that brownish-yellow color, you should probably drink more water. &-_-

I'm going to be honest. The blue fire thing? Sounds badass. And looks even better. I'd love it if they added it. Not a priority but...

Yeah I like it, as a post apocalyptic world ocean... But when I have an icy ocean, or an ocean on the edge of a lush jungle, and there's just this stagnant water with dead palm trees in the background it ruins my carefully built worlds which I spent hours if not days making. I just want the choice to be able to create or destroy the biome like any other mod biome. On my main world I had some lovely tropical islands there with beach huts and a fishing vessel, and now I might as well delete all that work and just put a sign up saying 'NO SWIMMING'. Lol this is a world where you fight flying eyeballs with swordfish, I dont entirely care if it's accurate to real life, I dont live near enough a large toxic body of water that looks putrid and smells of rotten eggs to know or care thankfully. Plus I dont need any sulphuric lakes in a lot of my worlds as they wouldnt have one in the overall biome I base them around. And it's an entire stinking ocean, not a lake which I could at least get rid of. Also I dont remember the lore saying anything about sulphur, maybe there is some, but it noted the main reason for it being this way is a massacre of some tyrants kingdom and all the bodies dumped in the ocean.... I think I may prefer the sulphur...
Lol it's a pretty bright yellow colour in my worlds, but that may be the lighting I use... And I havent got time to drink water! I'm too busy trying to figure out what to do about this unwanted addition to most of my worlds! D:

Only the surface is piss colored, once you dip deeper it turns dark blue. (Donno how that's possible IRL but eh.)
subnautica aside, lets be real for a moment: How many underwater biomes exist in modded terraria?
Unless I'm missing something, 3: 2 in calamity, and 1 in Thorium. And honestly I think they're handled pretty well mechanic wise to keep them interesting.

I think the yellow is the sulphuric ocean, and the blue is the abyss, which I dont have on any of my worlds since they were made before I updated the mod. Yeah I do like the sound of the mechanics (ironic for a water area since those are notoriously hated in older games... I guess we're past the sonic water level...) like in the abyss, but I dont get that until I start a new world. I'm just stuck with the ugly duckling of the bunch... I didnt have a high demand anyway for underwater biomes (especially toxic ones) with the bunch of newbies with only one scuba tank to share between them... As someone who loves the ocean and has been diving I'd love more underwater biomes, but ones that are visually nice and interesting. I actually flooded an entire world and turned it into an Atlantis type world once. There's two underwater cave type biomes in calamity along with the yellow ocean, and another underwater abyss/cave with Thorium. Instead what about a mangrove swamp with huge trees and tangled roots reaching far underwater would be cool to explore, or how awesome would a pile of shipwrecks like in the bermuda triangle be? Or if you have to go volcanic go with either a deep sea ocean vent (including giant tube worms and all the alien-like life down there) or have it be the usual bright and rich waters you get around volcanic islands. I'd really love to see a vivid coral reef underwater biome instead of all these kind of similar looking underwater mossy cave biomes... I spent a day or two making an intricate coral reef with hidden treasure and tunnels just to dive around in, and I've just realised that's going to be under the toxic ocean now... Great...

This is really getting annoying and really frustrating me, as this long post should prove lol. I've tried removing all water and sand, the ugly background is still there, I've tried replacing it with a different mod's sand to try and get that different biome, which still didnt work... I've gone as far as trying to find the coding on github since a friend promised to help me root through the coding and try changing the colours, the toxicity, or location, or anything, but it's not on github because the person is protective of it I guess? >.> I swear I will donate money at this rate to fix my worlds! I can only run my precious small worlds, I dont want to lose even more space to walling this off...

Also, I hate to say this... But... Hasnt anyone ever noticed the abyss is a long shaft ending in a point like a certain piece of male anatomy? And at it's base is a generally curved ocean of yellowy liquid...... I'm just saying it's a bit weird when you think about it...

Man it's a real shame I don't have a pre-piss sea version of the mod I can share, I mean I used to but I ultimately replaced it later on.

I've gone as far as trying to find the coding on github since a friend promised to help me root through the coding and try changing the colours, the toxicity, or location, or anything, but it's not on github because the person is protective of it I guess? >.>
Yeah he really is, Calamity's code was stolen in the past and he doesn't trust the TMODLoader team to prevent plagiarism, so he takes it into his own hands if code is stolen these days.
However, if you keep that to yourself there's nothing wrong with it... That's the exception.

I swear I will donate money at this rate to fix my worlds!
No need to be that desperate, just ask some coders around here. While you cannot extract the code of a TMOD file that has "hidden code" set to true ingame, this can be bypassed rather easily. It's above my level thou but since you intent just to remove the yellow it shouldn't be asking them too much for help getting Calamity's source code.
Again, just don't share it around.

Also, I hate to say this... But... Hasn't anyone ever noticed the abyss is a long shaft ending in a point like a certain piece of male anatomy? And at it's base is a generally curved ocean of yellowy liquid...... I'm just saying it's a bit weird when you think about it...
Now that I think about it ummmmm, but I think that was... Unintended.

This mod is really cool, but I'm having problems with playing it. The .tmod file or whatever it is is in my mods folder but when I load my terraria the only items I have are the music boxes. I checked this through HERO mod, the item browser, so that may be the problem. I also checked NPC and Boss spawner but I saw vanilla only.

as I sift through Terraria modded music playlists I noticed DM DOKURO has disabled comments on all his calamity music pieces; guess the annoying fanboys finally got to him.
one more step towards entropy, oh boy do the people of Calamity know this all too well...
I can't help but look at the earliest pages of this thread and see just how much happier Fabsol was back then, when he was excited and happy to be making Calamity, VS now where his own creation has chained him mentally to it, despite his will to move on to other things.

honestly thou, atleast his mod is famous and he is getting alot out of it. It could be worse, you could get no respect, no positive feedback, or any kind of pay for your work for years and years and then you just give up.

This mod is really cool, but I'm having problems with playing it. The .tmod file or whatever it is is in my mods folder but when I load my terraria the only items I have are the music boxes. I checked this through HERO mod, the item browser, so that may be the problem. I also checked NPC and Boss spawner but I saw vanilla only.
there's 2 mods, I think you somehow only downloaded the music mod and not the base mod itself.

Last edited:
as I sift through Terraria modded music playlists I noticed DM DOKURO has disabled comments on all his calamity music pieces; guess the annoying fanboys finally got to him.
one more step towards entropy, oh boy do the people of Calamity know this all too well...
I can't help but look at the earliest pages of this thread and see just how much happier Fabsol was back then, when he was excited and happy to be making Calamity, VS now where his own creation has chained him mentally to it, despite his will to move on to other things.

honestly thou, atleast his mod is famous and he is getting alot out of it. It could be worse, you could get no respect, no positive feedback, or any kind of pay for your work for years and years and then you just give up.

there's 2 mods, I think you somehow only downloaded the music mod and not the base mod itself.
Could you please send me the actual mod download link? Thanks,

Hey there. I know It may not be a priority. But there seems to be a bug with the 64bit version of Tmod loader when playing in multiplayer. It seem your "SpawnOnPlayer" Used for boss summons is broken. They don't work and in most cases just use the spawner but no boss summons. The only work around is to toss the spawener on the ground and them pick it up again. But it doesn't work well.

Hey there. I know It may not be a priority. But there seems to be a bug with the 64bit version of Tmod loader when playing in multiplayer. It seem your "SpawnOnPlayer" Used for boss summons is broken. They don't work and in most cases just use the spawner but no boss summons. The only work around is to toss the spawener on the ground and them pick it up again. But it doesn't work well.
Sounds like a problem with TMODloader 64bit and not Calamity, try reporting it to Dradonhunter11 in his 64bit thread.

They know about it and say its a bug on your end. I'm in the discord and they were talking about it. From what I'm seeing The SpawnOnPlayer command is just broken in multiplayer. They tried to fix it but it just won't play nice.

I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but there are glitches with blocks currently. Blocks like smooth voidstone and cosmolite bricks are causing weird graphic effects. Also, the lil' devil does not show up in multiplayer.

Me waiting for a megaman X mod so I can put the megaman X levels and calamity together
upload_2019-3-28_18-34-4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom