Mobile Add option to change existing mobile worlds to expert/normal mode when 1.3 comes out

Megalodab

Terrarian
Since 1.3 is going to hit mobile pretty soon, I think it would be a really good idea to add an option (once the player goes on that world for the first time on 1.3) that asks you what mode you want your world to be in, since mobile players already have many worlds that were created before this 1.3 update, and we don't wanna miss out on that awesome content. Could this be suggested to the developers and if so how would I politely suggest this to them?

main idea here is converting already built up worlds to expert not necessarily for a playthrough, rather 4 general use by all types of characters to keep the functionality and value of these old worlds that people have already spent years creating. Ex: base world, arenas, etc.

one of the main reasons I'm asking this is because I am building an extremely large and complex arena, the length of the world from ocean to ocean, for bossfights, events, pvp, etc. I want to make sure I can get the most out of this arena in expert mode for the epic 1.3 battles against bosses like Moonlord. Heres a few pics, again very much a work in progress.

Attachments

• image69.png
    image69.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    1 MB · Views: 188
  • image2 - Copy (3).png
    image2 - Copy (3).png
    620.2 KB · Views: 184
  • image1 - Copy (2).png
    image1 - Copy (2).png
    938.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image4.png
    image4.png
    674.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
They tend to port the worlds over, but if you're worried about port reliability that's fair enough. Might pump up storage size alot, even for players that don't want to keep pre-1.3 mechanics.

They tend to port the worlds over, but if you're worried about port reliability that's fair enough. Might pump up storage size alot, even for players that don't want to keep pre-1.3 mechanics.
u think just switching pre existing worlds to expert/normal mode would take up that much space? Im just suggesting that they should add an option for already existing worlds to be switched to expert or normal mode because those worlds never had the opportunity to select a mode before 1.3

u think just switching pre existing worlds to expert/normal mode would take up that much space? Im just suggesting that they should add an option for already existing worlds to be switched to expert or normal mode because those worlds never had the opportunity to select a mode before 1.3
I thought you meant to have a pre-1.3 version of the game, maybe say expert at some point to clarify.

If you want to experience all of expert mode it's just best to create a new expert mode world.
I don't think expert mode adds anything to the world as far as structures go, that you would need a new world to make. For mobile worlds that never had a chance to select expert mode, like a world where you made a massive bossfight/event arena that spans the whole length of the world (me), that would be perfect. I can't see any drawbacks to adding this little option.

I don't think expert mode adds anything to the world as far as structures go, that you would need a new world to make. For mobile worlds that never had a chance to select expert mode, like a world where you made a massive bossfight/event arena that spans the whole length of the world (me), that would be perfect. I can't see any drawbacks to adding this little option.
Well, let's say you want a shiny stone, but you can't beat expert plantera. Transferring a post-plantera world would mean skipping expert plantera.

What I meant was you could experience fighting all of the expert mode bosses with weapons and armour of the tier you would have when fighting them for the first time. It also allows you to use all of the expert mode items during the correct progression throughout the game, but an option to turn a world expert would be a nice addition, you can already do that on PC with a world editor.

Well, let's say you want a shiny stone, but you can't beat expert plantera. Transferring a post-plantera world would mean skipping expert plantera.
Not sure I understand what you mean. You can just go back and defeat the bosses in expert mode again to get their drops, including plantera and the golem that drops the shiny stone, right? I don't have PC version so I wouldn't know haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom