Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Nah, man, they are kind of annoying.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I fear them.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Burst

Empress of Light
It's me again! Today, I got a new boss suggestion. This time, it's all about a certain animal, a certain black-winged bird. We are talking about ravens today!

Calling in the Raven King. (Or for short, "The Raven")
But Burst, how do we summon him?
First of all, we need to make a small change - the Ravens would now be able to spawn outside of the Halloween event and they would now be able to drop Black Feathers. But, they would be Post-Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu instead. The message indicating their spawn is "The darkness takes flight...." He is a optional boss, just like the Queen Bee.

Combine 10 Black Feathers and 5 Tissue Samples/Shadow Scales to create either the "Bloodstained Feather" or the "Umbra Feather". Alternatively, they are a rare drop from the ravens.

Bloodstained Feather: "The blood on the feather is said to push anyone to the edge of insanity..."
Umbra Feather: "The dark aura of this feather makes you shiver..."

His look would be a grown up, full winged raven, with red eyes.

Now, let's look into his AI, shall we?

Phase 1: The Raven King would fly towards you and shoot you with feathers, which can inflict bleeding. It would also summon normal ravens. After a bit, he will dash into you and then continue shooting feathers.
Phase 2: The Raven King is now infuriated and begins to bleed. But here is the thing, if you get hit by the blood, it will inflict the "Raven's Curse" debuff. He will shoot with bloodstained feathers, which basically inflict the same debuff and will try to dash into you as fast as possible (in a Expert-EOC way.). He will sometimes also drop razor-sharp feathers on the ground, which basically work like spiky balls, but instead, it hurts you.

But you managed to take down the king of the Ravens and you shall be rewarded with some goodies!

Raven's Heart - Expert item.
The power of the raven king stirs within you. It increases movement speed, damage and speed for ALL CLASSES by 10%. As a little extra, your eyes are red. Once you take the accessory off, you don't have red eyes anymore. You can also have the red eyes when you equip the heart as vanity. And if you color the heart, your eyes will be colored aswell. Yes, you can have flaming eyes. That sounds hot, does it?

Blade of the Raven Prince
- When slashing an enemy, it will not just inflict bleeding, but drop 3-5 black feathers from the skies. Those, of course, inflict bleeding too. 30 melee damage.

Feathered Knives - You wanted to throw those feathers by yourself? Sure, why not. They work like Vampire Knives. They don't steal life and are with their 21 throwing damage rather weak, but they pierce two enemys and inflict bleeding. That in a way, makes it good again.

Crimson Rain - Imagine an Aqua Scepter....with blood raining down instead of shooting out of the weapon! It does 25 magic damage and as I said before, it rains down the Raven's blood on enemys!

Feather Storm - A bow shooting fast razor sharp raven feathers. They inflict bleeding and do with their 27 ranged damage a nice amount of damage.

But oh no! There is already a Raven Staff, what should we do?! Well, worry not!

Shadow Staff - Summons the raven himself to be a sentry and shoot near coming enemys with black feathers! They inflict, once again, bleeding. The sentry does around 25 summon damage.

The Raven's Curse will darken your screen and ocassionally makes you look like you are about to turn into a raven by yourself. Also, your life regeneration is decreased.

So, I guess that's everything for now. Request some changes, if some things do not really sound that good.
See ya!

PS: Some things may or may not be references.

Last edited:
They're Halloween exclusive mobs, I believe. But that can be fixed. Spawn them in the world after the defeat of an evil boss.

I really, really like this idea. But some of the drops need a bit of change. Blood Stream is basically the Aqua Scepter and Raven's Claw is kinda like the also-Halloween exclusive Bladed Glove. Otherwise, great new boss suggestion!

I admire the thought that went into this. A lot of boss suggestions on here are kind of half-baked. Very cool! I agree that there are a few changes to be made, but overall this is a really good suggestion!

It's me again! Today, I got a new boss suggestion. This time, it's all about a certain animal, a certain black-winged bird. We are talking about ravens today!

Calling in the Raven King. (Or for short, "The Raven")
But Burst, how do we summon him?
First of all, we need to make a small change - the Ravens would now be able to spawn outside of the Halloween event and they would now be able to drop Black Feathers. But, they would be Post-Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu instead. The message indicating their spawn is "The darkness takes flight...." He is a optional boss, just like the Queen Bee.

Combine 10 Black Feathers and 5 Tissue Samples/Shadow Scales to create either the "Bloodstained Feather" or the "Umbra Feather". Alternatively, they are a rare drop from the ravens.

Bloodstained Feather: "The blood on the feather is said to push anyone to the edge of insanity..."
Umbra Feather: "The dark aura of this feather makes you shiver..."

His look would be a grown up, full winged raven, with red eyes.

Now, let's look into his AI, shall we?

Phase 1: The Raven King would fly towards you and shoot you with feathers, which can inflict bleeding. It would also summon normal ravens. After a bit, he will dash into you and then continue shooting feathers.
Phase 2: The Raven King is now infuriated and begins to bleed. But here is the thing, if you get hit by the blood, it will inflict the "Raven's Curse" debuff. He will shoot with bloodstained feathers, which basically inflict the same debuff and will try to dash into you as fast as possible (in a Expert-EOC way.). He will sometimes also drop razor-sharp feathers on the ground, which basically work like spiky balls, but instead, it hurts you.

But you managed to take down the king of the Ravens and you shall be rewarded with some goodies!

Raven's Heart - Expert item.
The power of the raven king stirs within you. It increases movement speed, damage and speed for ALL CLASSES by 10%. As a little extra, your eyes are red. Once you take the accessory off, you don't have red eyes anymore. You can also have the red eyes when you equip the heart as vanity. And if you color the heart, your eyes will be colored aswell. Yes, you can have flaming eyes. That sounds hot, does it?

Blade of the Raven Prince
- When slashing an enemy, it will not just inflict bleeding, but drop 3-5 black feathers from the skies. Those, of course, inflict bleeding too. 30 melee damage.

Feathered Knives - You wanted to throw those feathers by yourself? Sure, why not. They work like Vampire Knives. They don't steal life and are with their 21 throwing damage rather weak, but they pierce two enemys and inflict bleeding. That in a way, makes it good again.

Crimson Rain - Imagine an Aqua Scepter....with blood raining down instead of shooting out of the weapon! It does 25 magic damage and as I said before, it rains down the Raven's blood on enemys!

Feather Storm - A bow shooting fast razor sharp raven feathers. They inflict bleeding and do with their 27 ranged damage a nice amount of damage.

But oh no! There is already a Raven Staff, what should we do?! Well, worry not!

Shadow Staff - Summons the raven himself to be a sentry and shoot near coming enemys with black feathers! They inflict, once again, bleeding. The sentry does around 25 summon damage.

The Raven's Curse will darken your screen and ocassionally makes you look like you are about to turn into a raven by yourself. Also, your life regeneration is decreased.

So, I guess that's everything for now. Request some changes, if some things do not really sound that good.
See ya!

PS: Some things may or may not be references.
What about a king crab? That would be a cool boss

What about a king crab? That would be a cool boss
Maybe post it as a suggestion yourself? I mean, I feel like this kinda changes the subject of the thread. I would actually like to see your post about this.

Either way, nice to see this thread again. I still really enjoy the idea.

Back
Top Bottom