Terraria Mobile 1.3 Reaches Alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a free update if you own the mobile version now.

No release date has been announced, so there is no answer for your first question.
I'm glad I'm not a moderator or admin. My fingers would get really tired after answering the same questions over and over ..... and over. It's like people just get on and post questions without reading a single page.

In this new update can we install mod like calamity, thorium,...? Can wait to see the new update are coming :)

Sorry pal. We won’t be seeing the likes of mods coming at all. The Moderators have said this quite a few times, though I could not find a quote for that. ~:(
On the other hand, at least the update will eventually arrive! ~:)

In this new update can we install mod like calamity, thorium,...? Can wait to see the new update are coming :)
Mod support isnt coming to mobile anytime soon, as confirmed by devs.
[doublepost=1555025310,1555024777][/doublepost]I took a really close look at the pictures and noticed some things that id honestly rather keep my 1.2 than updating to 1.3.
1: On 1.2, you can mine about 10 blocks away from your player, 1.3 is 3 blocks, sometimes less. (Comparing to pc 1.3)
2: No autoswing, this isnt the worst thing but can increase difficulty by far with the other things.
3: The grapple button (and what im guessing is the inventory button) are in terrible places. I prefer the picture from february showing a swipe button for it, and the inv button should be swapped with what im guessing, the settings
4: The + button looks like it moves the curser, and pressing the item button seems to use items. If im right, then we have to swipe the + in a direction and then press use? Why cant we just remove the + and make it the use button like before so we can easily use a item without having to wait for the curser to get to where you want.

1: On 1.2, you can mine about 10 blocks away from your player, 1.3 is 3 blocks, sometimes less. (Comparing to pc 1.3)

It's actually 5-6 in each direction with a Picksaw, so a default of 4-5 (since Picksaw gives +1)... which directly matches PC (the intended design of the game). *IF* current mobile does have a default of 10, then that is horribly broken from a balance perspective and never should have been there to begin with.

(note that certain accessories and gear can increase range... and the pick you start with is -1 range)

2: No autoswing, this isnt the worst thing but can increase difficulty by far with the other things.

Autoswing is as intended per weapon. Giving everything autoswing is again, a balance issue that removes the advantages of some weapons by giving them to everything. Autoswing does exist for weapons for which it should by design.

3: The grapple button (and what im guessing is the inventory button) are in terrible places. I prefer the picture from february showing a swipe button for it, and the inv button should be swapped with what im guessing, the settings

The grapple is a moving target - though I suspect you will happy with where it turns out. Again, each screen is WIP with back-and-forth iterations - not everything is a linear road. :)

Inventory works just fine. Not one single time in 120h have I thought "man that inventory button is so inconvenient" - I recommend you give it a try before passing judgment. ;)

4: The + button looks like it moves the curser, and pressing the item button seems to use items. If im right, then we have to swipe the + in a direction and then press use? Why cant we just remove the + and make it the use button like before so we can easily use a item without having to wait for the curser to get to where you want.

Items/tools/weapons can be used by the stick+button, stick alone, and touch. How you choose to control any given tool or weapon is based on how you toggle various options (which are then saved for later for each class of tools).

Again, judging controls from a screenshot.... that's a hard road you have chosen. :p

Will 1.3 for mobile will do any changes to the title screen or they just going to keep it the same as it currently

Is there any way to customize the controls?
And is there any screenshots of the gameplay?
Will developers show video of the gameplay or stream it on youtube?
Well, i know it is a bad question to ask but we all want to see the progress so we wont lose hope.

Well, i know it is a bad question to ask but we all want to see the progress so we wont lose hope.
If you want to see the gameplays join the terraria discord server and click the pinned messages.

No videos yet (exept a 3 second video in the above comment) but there are screenshots

Terraria 1.3 for Mobile has officially reached the Alpha milestone as of today! In celebration, we wanted to share some of the content that will be heading your way – the Celestial Pillars!

View attachment 219037
ALPHA SCREENSHOT - NOT FINAL (so you may see some visual bugs)
(Again a reminder that this is 4 screens shown together - Mobile does not have Splitscreen :p )

For those unfamiliar with that terminology, that means that DR Studios have added in all of the features that we want/plan for the launch actually in the game, live and working.

Now the team at DR Studios will shift their full focus towards polishing/refining each of these features as well as squashing any bugs that have cropped up along the way. Some of that has been going on already, of course, but now as we head towards the next milestone (Beta), these two areas will become the team’s core focus.

index.php

**We are planning to do a very selective beta for this release – if you are interested in being considered for this selective beta - and for further details - then join our Discord server at Join the Terraria Discord Server! and fill out the registration form in the selective-beta channel.**
index.php

No release date to give you just yet, but we thought the community would appreciate knowing that we have crossed the threshold of this critical stage.

We will have more to share along our journey to Mobile 1.3 soon – stay tuned!
yo random question, can we play music in the background now? bc we cant do that on the current phone version. i dont use apple music that much but ik that if u have a yt vid playing in the background as music, it will stop immediately when u go into terraria, even if the terraria music and sfx r off

yo random question, can we play music in the background now? bc we cant do that on the current phone version. i dont use apple music that much but ik that if u have a yt vid playing in the background as music, it will stop immediately when u go into terraria, even if the terraria music and sfx r off

Ummmmmmm, I doubt it? Great question, albeit random lol.

another question will 1.3 for mobile will change background music to the title screen ( e.g changing the music to the 1.3 for pc and console or with the old 1.2.4 for console and old-gen)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom