tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Why you wouldnt create a full wiki for this mod
Because I don't have the time, nor the patientice to do so. :) I also don't really think it would be all that necessary. This mod isn't very big... However, it would be quite cool to have a dedicated wiki, so feel free to create one. I've opened up the wiki section of the GitHub repo to allow non-collaborators to edit it as well. If we could move the documentation there (and have other people take care of it) that would make things considerably easier for me.

Add new items into mod. Example, block that counts items in storage, screen which can show any info about count of item in storage, wireless item transmitter, etc.
Also i can lelp you to translate this mod to Russian

Add new items into mod. Example, block that counts items in storage, screen which can show any info about count of item in storage, wireless item transmitter, etc.
I am really glad you are interested in my mod, but please stop nagging me to do things. Currently I am busy with my studies and I have other projects to work on as well. New ideas are always welcome of course, just understand that I probably won't have much time to work on them right now...
Also i can lelp you to translate this mod to Russian
Thanks, that would be great. :) A while back I've already moved all of the important strings over to a lang file, when another guy made a Chinese translation. So translating the mod should be pretty straight forward. You can find it here: DRKV333/MechTransfer

I am really glad you are interested in my mod, but please stop nagging me to do things. Currently I am busy with my studies and I have other projects to work on as well. New ideas are always welcome of course, just understand that I probably won't have much time to work on them right now...

Thanks, that would be great. :) A while back I've already moved all of the important strings over to a lang file, when another guy made a Chinese translation. So translating the mod should be pretty straight forward. You can find it here: DRKV333/MechTransfer
Russian translate for MechTransfer: https://github.com/VedTerrarian/MechTransferAdditions

Last edited:
One thing:

The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.Instantiate (Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager+LoadedMod mod) [0x00000] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0

I got that when I reloaded my mods.

One thing:

The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.Instantiate (Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager+LoadedMod mod) [0x00000] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0

I got that when I reloaded my mods.
Does this happen consistently when MechTransfer is enabled? This seems more like an issue with tModLoader to me.

Does this happen consistently when MechTransfer is enabled? This seems more like an issue with tModLoader to me.
After joining world I saw : "Cannot find module CSteamworks..." because i have GOG terraria version. Its a mod bug or tmodloader bug?

After joining world I saw : "Cannot find module CSteamworks..." because i have GOG terraria version. Its a mod bug or tmodloader bug?
That's not really bug. Currently tModLoader does not support the GOG version of terraria.

Is there any chance you could restore the old "feature" of the inlet collecting hearts, stars, etc.? Maybe have it so we could toggle it and have it disabled by default?

Is there any chance you could restore the old "feature" of the inlet collecting hearts, stars, etc.? Maybe have it so we could toggle it and have it disabled by default?
I don't want to have it on be default, since it's a bit cheaty. Once the next version of TModLoader comes out with proper config support I might take a look. Setting up a config right now just for this would be a bit much.
I sort of feel similarly about the use of infinite ammo items for turrets, so that might also become a config option in the future.

I don't want to have it on be default, since it's a bit cheaty. Once the next version of TModLoader comes out with proper config support I might take a look. Setting up a config right now just for this would be a bit much.
I sort of feel similarly about the use of infinite ammo items for turrets, so that might also become a config option in the future.
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I understand your concerns and thank you for at least hearing me out. Looking forward to the next update.

A9032588-8D3B-40EB-AC64-5727EC596741.jpeg
Anyone know what the problem is? My extractor isn’t working. There are some shiverthorns inside

Could you add filters to sort weapons by their class? melee/ranged/magic/summon/thrown/other
Sure, that should be pretty simple to do. :) (I now realise that has pretty much become my catch phrase by now, but this time I really mean it.)

I might not add them in the next update though. Which is coming pretty soon by the way. I am still messing with some of the sprites. I was not planning to respite the filters right now, but I might do it before adding any new ones.

Just some suggestions (ideas, no pressure to implement them)
- Sale interface/interrupt, any item that passes through it is sold and the money continues in the direction the item was travelling
- Piggy bank, safe, and DD extractors/inserters/interfaces (this may already be a feature xd given player interface is already a thing)
- Writable name, mod, (name/modname contains sign-value? modname matches itemmod?) and value filters (item has x worth or more/less or item is worth more/less than given item)
- Directional wireless transfer nodes (in portal out portal interfaces?) (this can be done using magic storage interfaces and magic storage... kinda)

sign-value?
Oh snap! I haven't even thought about signs. This would actually be really convenient. I could just make filters, that are actually signs, and just interpret the text as a regex for the item name, or some sort of query expression. Well, it would would be convenient for me, cause it's really simple to do.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce, that this mod has been...

Updated to version 1.7
  • Added localization support
  • Added Chinese translation by @flithor
  • Added Russian translation by @Vedomir
  • Fixed various problems related to zoom
  • Fixed Extractinator mod incompatibilities
  • Improved all tile sprites
  • Tweaked tile map colors, item name capitalization, and items rarities
  • Added filter items for weapon class
  • Added Living Hellstone
I completely redid all of the sprites (except for the filter items, because those are a pain). They are now all in terraria's "half resolution" style, so they should blend a lot better with other everything else.

Before:
8UbbTFC.png

After:
feSbpHo.png

This took me absolutely forever to do, so I hope you'll like it. :) To make working with these sprites, I've decided to set up a bit of automation, to scale and cut the sprites. Turns out the kind of program I was looking for to do this doesn't actually exist, so I had to come up with something myself... So that didn't help with the development time eider.

On a different note, I was on a bit of a roll, so I ended up adding the filter items suggested by @qwerty3.14 in this update. I also added something that was suggested quite a long time ago. A way to get rid of items that have rarity above white, in the form of the Living Hellstone:

NrsVbAE.gif

I think this one turned out pretty cool. :)

Idea: Version of living hellstone called "liquid money" (not actually liquid?), looks like the "gold coin" tile, that sells the item and spits out that money somewhere (idk what action would be sensible for such a tile to perform)

Back
Top Bottom