tModLoader Wildlife Mod

While trying to update all of the mods, i got this error message saying "Wildlife Mod: Turkey. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Wildlife Mod developers." (it wasn't underlined in the error message).

I received this message as well.

And while on the subject, could we have info on what this update improves/changes?

Sorry, first time updating the mod without Graydee, who has sadly quit terraria modding

As for your error, I can't find the cause, I've encountered similar issues but the code doesnt seem to be causing it in a way I've seen before. I'm not 100% sure but I may have found the error and fixed it this update, but I wouldn't know

The changelog is on the discord and hence the transfer of ownership I was a bit misorganised, here:

-turkey resprite
-every plant resprited
-item glowmasks
-bamboo as a placeable tile, like wood
-medusa berry renamed to forbidden fruit
-bamboo has throwing knives and spears for the thrower class
-plants, with the exception of bamboo, break as tall grass does when hit, if they are placed by the player then this does not apply
-fox should work in mp, if it does ill look into making this happen for the other critters

thanks to sal for a large number of the resprites and willsm for the bamboo tile
[doublepost=1532498549,1532498492][/doublepost]
While trying to update all of the mods, i got this error message saying "Wildlife Mod: Turkey. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Wildlife Mod developers." (it wasn't underlined in the error message).

hopefully i answered your question up there, if it reoccurs i'll need to take an even closer look at it

Animals spawns apparently don't check for height or biome so I've had owls spawn in the underworld and turkeys spawn deep in the dungeon. It's kinda funny honestly.

Mod is still being developed- recent changes include:

Yellow Fairy- Spawns like the others, its bottled farm grants slightly increased defense
Living Wood Mite- Spawns in living wood trees, used for bait
Gilded Crawler and Supercharged Orb- One crawls, one floats and glows, found in granite and marble biomes, these two will be polished more soon
Arctic Fox- A chilly recolor of the normal fox for snow biomes
Frost Phoenix- Spawns all around the frost biome, even underground, for some reason it likes to follow you, it may split into two upon death
Glowmasks for more items and grammatical fixes.
Venom Radish- Grows on jungle grass in hardmode, careful not to use 'quick buff' with this in your inventory or you'll be envenomed.
You can use the venom radish for stink and battle potions, as well as pre-plantera venom vials using spider legs.
Pink Marshmallow- Add a strawberry to a cooked marshmallow, extends the effects of the strawberry.
Possibly some other minor tweaks.

The mod post is not a reliable source of information, as Graydee retired from Terraria modding, if you have a question, please ask on the discord server

had some issues that I wasn't happy with and I was in the middle of making a new version, so here's a patch I guess, mainly just mob variants and a berry in terms of content
------------------
Stoneberries- grow near water on stone, they increase health but lower damage, these will be reconsidered/revamped quite shortly, give some ideas on the discord server
Overgrown Living Wood Mite- Spawns in living mahoganys, used for bait
Scorching Phoenix- Like the frost phoenix, but spawns in hell
Oyster Gore Fixed
Flying Coin is now the correct size

-----
-Hellscale Rat- Is it a rat? Is it a lizard? Whatever it is, its creepy and likes to crawl around in lava, spawns in hell
-Jadefish- This small fish spawns in caves, after catching it, you can use its stomach to get some coins and cave-going plants
-Dragonfly and infernal mosquito can now be bottled like fireflies
-The flying coin now drops itself when netted, its item sells for 5 gold, rather than the 1 it used to drop
Phoenixes no longer follow the player, phoenix sell prices changed accordingly, scorching phoenix item name was wrongly 'Phoenix', fixed
Added oyster pearls to heavenly crystal recipe, lowered amount of bullets crafted with one pearl
Given gilded crawler normal hit sounds as the old ones were too dramatic for a bug
Fixed yellow fairy potion icon size and yellow fairy bottle tooltip
Resprited the strawberry plant
Made the inferno potion alt recipe harder to get
Animals no longer spawn in the dirt layer/underground, owls are now properly restricted (no hell owls)
Living Mites now spawn from both wood and leaf blocks

I seem to keep getting this error when running this on my server.

Log:
Wildlife Mod: Turkey. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Wildlife Mod developers.

Back
Top Bottom