Mobile Cheeseless Duke Fishron.

Godley

Skeletron Prime
For some reason most guides around Duke Fishron tells players how to beat him without moving, I despise such guides and consequently created this.
This is a guide on how to properly beat him, and consequently no cheese or over preparation will be in this guide.
===================================Gear==========================================
Weapon-must be either a piercing or a fast-shooting one.
Rangers can use the clockwork assault rifle+ cursed flames/ichor combined to devastate the pig-fish-dragon, it is
effective due to mobile clockwork shooting without a break, megashark will do for those who dislike grinding for the wall of flesh.
Do not use sharanga.

mages could use a razorpine to kill it within 40 seconds, though a leaf blower should be enough.
For those who want to kill him early on a crystal serpent can be used.

for melee vampire knives + flask of ichor may be required, in a corruption world a terra blade + flask of cursed flames may be used.
A paladin’s hammer + either flask is also quite decent, though it have significantly less dps than the aforementioned other 2.
A possessed hatchet have high dps but requires a inferno potion to pop the bubbles.

I have yet to figure out a solution for summoners, if anyone have any suggestions about them please tell in the form of a comment.

Armor-hallowed is fine, though class-specific, such as shoomite or beetle, is better, but that requires far too much farming for some.

Beetle allows contact damage in 1st form to be reduced to 20 and 60 for 2nd phase, if one wants to be extremely overpowered.
Accessories-mobility is key.
  • the worst wing that pass as ‘acceptable’ is frozen, from ice golems, it’s recommended that you use beetle or steampunk, though.
  • If you like fishing, use frog’s legs, if you don’t, use lighting boots.
  • do not use cloud in a bottle/balloon, it messes up movement and gives insufficient boosts(the jump is before the fly, so you have to double jump to fly, making it effectively useless).
  • the double jumps that sends you flying, such as the sandstorm in a bottle, are activated after the fly. Making it extremely useful And worth using.
  • Menacing or lucky should be valued more than warding.
  • Use a knockback immunity shield(cobalt and its upgrade), it dramatically decrease the chance of you getting ‘stunned’ by knockback, or getting your movement pattern broken.
Buffs-a regeneration potion helps greatly, and so does a swiftness potion.
Food items come handy.
Alcohol can be used for melee, as its pros far outweighs its con.
Other helpful potions include the inferno potion(pops bubbles), lifeforce potion(extra hp), and endurance potion(effectively 30 defense
)
===================================arena=============================
solid blocks for lower section(just above water, so you don’t drop into the water)and platforms for higher section, make sure that honey pools and the campfire+heart lantern combo is packed as closely as you can.
Make sure that the platform line extend a bit out of the ocean biome, this will be helpful.
===================================the fight========================
1st phase- to dodge the charge attack, fly in a zig-zag(small ups and downs), fishron’s ai will cause him to dash into where you were a moment ago rather than where you are right now.
Do not change horizontal direction.
Bubbles aren’t a problem if you’re using the suggested weapons.
The sharknado is the only problem, but fortunately if you stand at the end of the platforms when he generate the sharknado they won’t be a problem since by the time you need to get near them(one lap) they’ve probably disappeared.
2nd phase-the charges are now longer and hit much, much harder, fortunately the strategy is also a tad bit easier to pull off.
Bubbles are even easier to destroy now.
The Cthulhunados are the real problem, fortunately you can control where they land by moving to the place you want it to be after it spits out the homing razorblade typhoon thing, it will always spawn where it hit you, and, if you’re on
Go under the Cthulhunado if you seriously need to, but don’t do this too often.

Last edited:
Dude, thanks a lot! But for me instead of blocks on the bottom, I like to use platforms so if there is a Cthulhunado I can easily avoid it. Also I’d say if you do use solid blocks, use asphalt

I have a post golem duke fishron afk farm that takes about ten minutes to set up and it makes the fight super easy. Tell me if anyone wants to see a screen shot. It requires minimal wiring knowledge and time commitment and makes getting the fishron wings a lot easier.

you can set up arena underwater if you beat him already and have fishron mount, it have stat boost when underwater.

Back
Top Bottom