tModLoader Boss Highlights

If the Boss Log were to have a hotkey to open with, what should be its default key?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give more deatils? I've tested with MP and had others test with MP as well and it has worked fine for them. Not sure what you mean by "not work" too.

when in single player and beating the bosses the boss log book updates but in multiplayer nothing happens it dont update on what happened.

i also noticed in single player it says when you go into your world "Thank you for playing shepards mod" but in multiplayer that does not appear.

when in single player and beating the bosses the boss log book updates but in multiplayer nothing happens it dont update on what happened.

i also noticed in single player it says when you go into your world "Thank you for playing shepards mod" but in multiplayer that does not appear.
Alright, I see the issue. Added to the "try to fix" list for the hotfix update.

When I opened the boss log 4 times in multiplayer, my game started lagging like crazy, but only when it was open, also the "toggle boss log" control doesn't open it 90% of the time for me.

Looks like the offscreen indicator thing is crashing the game either after enough time or after fighting a few different bosses, I'm not sure.

How I can add custom Boss Bag?
I forgot to mention this, thanks for the reminder. Make sure your boss's treasure bag is the your Loot list and make sure it is named Treasure Bag. I have a check for an item with that name and it finds it to display in the boss log. I'll have the Call support description updated.

Last edited:
Hey, can we please get a config?
I'd very much like to disable the boss log until it has equal or greater support than Boss Checklist, the Statistics feels incredibly unnecessary too.
Additionally, I have Boss Cursor (the mod), as the cursor in your mod is known to be rather crash-inducing currently, but I've realized there's no way to disable yours.
And... the popup message above your head on entering a world is a bit in-your-face, but that's just nitpicking.

I'm honestly missing the days when this mod just provided the despawn message, loot detection, and respawn timer.
Not to say the other features are bad, just that some feel redundant given (currently) more supported and less buggy options, and others feel more like unneccessary feature bloat. Please work on adding a config to allow selection of which features a user wants at some point.

Hi, do you have any crash logs so the dev can track that down? Do the crashes occur during a boss fight, or when the boss dies?
Ah? No, I've not experienced it (yet) myself, but I've seen posts here about it causing crashes, including being mentioned in the Known Bugs area on the first post.

Hey, can we please get a config?
I'd very much like to disable the boss log until it has equal or greater support than Boss Checklist, the Statistics feels incredibly unnecessary too.
Additionally, I have Boss Cursor (the mod), as the cursor in your mod is known to be rather crash-inducing currently, but I've realized there's no way to disable yours.
And... the popup message above your head on entering a world is a bit in-your-face, but that's just nitpicking.

I'm honestly missing the days when this mod just provided the despawn message, loot detection, and respawn timer.
Not to say the other features are bad, just that some feel redundant given (currently) more supported and less buggy options, and others feel more like unneccessary feature bloat. Please work on adding a config to allow selection of which features a user wants at some point.

The supposed crash for the boss cursor appears non-existent, at least until I get proof/crashlog of it occurring, as I have yet to run into the issue myself. It is stated as such in the known issues. I tend to respond to issues if I find the issue myself, or have gotten proof so if you run into the issue PLEASE let me know. It would help immensely.

As of configs, they wont be available until the next tModLoader update comes out as it is an upcoming feature. As much as I would want to have them now, it seems rather pointless if the next tModLoader update just makes them redundant. Im working on it to have the config features as SOON as the update releases.

With the pop up message. I was going for something like Antiaris had, but not permanent (In chat wall). I rather like it and I feel that since its only once per load world it shouldn't be too much of an issue, though I've been told it is rather flashy. I am open to suggestions on how it can be displayed (keep in mind this is for all my mods, not just boss highlights) without being intrusive or distracting.

The supposed crash for the boss cursor appears non-existent, at least until I get proof/crashlog of it occurring, as I have yet to run into the issue myself. It is stated as such in the known issues. I tend to respond to issues if I find the issue myself, or have gotten proof so if you run into the issue PLEASE let me know. It would help immensely.
I'm not quite sure if the bug only happens on larger modpacks or with the mod alone, all I did was following tML's instructions upon seeing the "
Begin cannot be called again..." error
and seeing Boss Highlights being mentioned in the crashlog that annoyingly keeps getting deleted every time you reopen the game. I guess I'll have to find time and patience to sit down and check if the error happens on different situations.
Also, a way I found to consistently get the crash (at least around here) was:
  • summon Queen Bee: works fine
  • summon King Slime: fine
  • summon King Slime again: fine
  • summon Queen Bee again: still fine
  • summon Eater of Worlds: crash

I'm not quite sure if the bug only happens on larger modpacks or with the mod alone, all I did was following tML's instructions upon seeing the "
Begin cannot be called again..." error
and seeing Boss Highlights being mentioned in the crashlog that annoyingly keeps getting deleted every time you reopen the game. I guess I'll have to find time and patience to sit down and check if the error happens on different situations.
Also, a way I found to consistently get the crash (at least around here) was:
  • summon Queen Bee: works fine
  • summon King Slime: fine
  • summon King Slime again: fine
  • summon Queen Bee again: still fine
  • summon Eater of Worlds: crash
Isn't that more related to multiple segment bosses? At least it looks like it's more about numbers than the cursor in itself.

Isn't that more related to multiple segment bosses? At least it looks like it's more about numbers than the cursor in itself.
The crash happened to me multiple other times as well on a normal run for other bosses like Brain of Cthulhu, Queen Bee and Wall of Flesh too so I know it's nothing specific to some of them. That's why my initial guess was either after a few different bosses or after some time of play.

The crash happened to me multiple other times as well on a normal run for other bosses like Brain of Cthulhu, Queen Bee and Wall of Flesh too so I know it's nothing specific to some of them. That's why my initial guess was either after a few different bosses or after some time of play.
the crash happened for my friend when we summoned any boss after king slime, not sure what the problem was, once we fought eye of cthulhu we had to turn off the mod because it kept crashing for each boss we fought with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom