Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that keep track of such things, the version number is now v1.0.1372.5

That is interesting.... wasn't supposed to go until next week. Already chasing this with 505 and PW.

My Dungeon Guardian farm pretty much softlocks the game.

Besides hoiks and teleporters, can you provide a more detailed description of what all your system entails and what was going on at the time of the lock (I did watch the video, but as with most of these types of machines, the eye doesn't tell the whole story more often than not :p )

Could be my own fault about being in possession of the 1.3.5 items (which work, including the eternia sundial).

I mean it sort of goes without saying that hacking in stuff you know shouldn't be there could cause future issues. Sucks, I know... but... -_-

any character that used the vortex beater glitch or has traded in local co-op will not load on certain worlds

I doubt that is the pattern, that could be a total coincidence (those two things and your inability to load), especially the latter. That said, will keep eyes open for similar reports.

Will have 505/PW update all of us once they are in.

Besides hoiks and teleporters, can you provide a more detailed description of what all your system entails and what was going on at the time of the lock (I did watch the video, but as with most of these types of machines, the eye doesn't tell the whole story more often than not :p )
Its a variation of this farm by DicemanX. To boil it down to it's essence, it's basically a set of teleporters connected to a bird engine. Player gets teleported back and forth between the two teleporters fairly quickly. That's what causing the softlock in this case. That didn't happen in the previous update, although performance wasn't that great there either. On PC it works better. It also worked pretty well in Console 1.2.4 by Engine. There the screen didn't shake back and forth being locked onto the player. Instead the player moved back and forth.

Here's a simplified version:
2019-05-10_20-02-52-uaqe4jvu.png 2019-05-10_20-03-10-eooctxjp.png

So I'm here to confirm its definitely the console equivalent of 1.3.1 as we have the grand design along with all other 1.3.1 items, but what seems to be the problem with this early unplanned/unintentional update release is that its impacting performance largely. Randomly the game will just drop to maybe 10-20 fps or in populated areas (be it your base or enemy NPCs) or while in a farm that includes a lot of wiring and traps. The game was very laggy before this unexpected update but its been made worse and I'd hope for the next update to be a performance fix.

Hey everyone!

The 1.3.1 Xbox One update was unintentionally released prior to its planned Monday release. After seeing reports the team submitted a fix for the inability to craft certain gem locks and other 1.3.1 content. We expect this fix to be released tonight via a patch. We're also in the process of investigating other bugs reported by the community.

Thanks for taking the time to report these bugs!

Hey everyone!

The 1.3.1 Xbox One update was unintentionally released prior to its planned Monday release. After seeing reports the team submitted a fix for the inability to craft certain gem locks and other 1.3.1 content. We expect this fix to be released tonight via a patch. We're also in the process of investigating other bugs reported by the community.

I posted a video of extreme lag I was experiencing during the lunar events. It froze solid while I was fighting the solar pillar

Does there seem to be anything that triggers those issues?

Not that I can tell. I'm out exploring, I find a chest and open it, and the screen goes just like the screenshot. It's a world I just generated for 1.3.1. Also happens when I open my safe or just my own inventory. In single player with autopause on, it's more of an annoyance than anything else, but in multiplayer you'd be unable to see the monsters creeping up on you

Not that I can tell. I'm out exploring, I find a chest and open it, and the screen goes just like the screenshot. It's a world I just generated for 1.3.1. Also happens when I open my safe or just my own inventory. In single player with autopause on, it's more of an annoyance than anything else, but in multiplayer you'd be unable to see the monsters creeping up on you

Send me a PM. May have some follow-up questions.

@ClearConscious Do you know if the issue with some dungeon paintings not spawning correctly has been fixed in this update? On pc this bug was fixed by the 1.3.1 update.

Good job otherwise, I'm having a blast tinkering with the new logic gates. :)

@ClearConscious Do you know if the issue with some dungeon paintings not spawning correctly has been fixed in this update? On pc this bug was fixed by the 1.3.1 update.

Good job otherwise, I'm having a blast tinkering with the new logic gates. :)

From the wiki: "Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed several rare paintings not naturally spawning properly."

So I doubt it. They're probably still not spawning properly

@ClearConscious I may have found another issue. To have a goal with my tinkering I'm building a clock using logic gates. The small part of it that I have built so far works well for a while, but then suddenly it corrupts. I believe it's performance related, I probably have too many logic gates for it to run reliably.
[video]

@ClearConscious Sorry to pile on the issues, but I ran into an issue as well. My main world is inaccessible, when I try to go into it, the game will soft reset. I used 3 different characters including a new character to access the world, but while loading it will freeze and close out either at Settling Liquids 50% or Drawing Map 99%. It is my warehouse world, so I don't know if the overload of chests is affecting the load or not. If you need video or any more info let me know, thank you very much.

Hey guys, there’s a whole section of the forums where you can report bugs. There’s also a google form, if I’m not mistaken.

Hey everyone!

I'm having a graphic problem in a part of my world with this update
08c32e2b-bd1a-42a9-a73c-771e5d089bee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom