Szaila's Art Show Off

Damn should be posting here regularily. Sheesh, I'm not that good at it ;/
Oh well, anyways, I'm here to say I will be posting quite a few pics tomorrow and maybe try to rework the thread and it's setup. As in... presentation and such. However thing is I'm not the best at that and would like some suggestions to how I can rework it into something better.

I have been thinking of making one tab show a link to all the posts with art on this thread, that way, to see all the art I've made, you'd only need to open the links instead of looking through the whole thread of 30+ pages.
But other than that, I have no clue.

Anyways, goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow.
There's not really a good way to do presentation on a forum :dryadtongue:
Wish you luck though

Welp, here's the promised art update.
Hope you like it~

szaila_s_art_summary_of_2016_by_szaila-dasa8yd.png

Starting off with 2016's art summary~

Pharragan - no ponytail.png

Starting trong with the first concept pic for Pharragan's human form.
Because, dear imaginary asker, in the world in which he lives and comes from, the vampires are integrated into the humans' society where they hide. Since they're an old sub-species of humans, they too have evolved their technology and thus have made a drug which can reverse their vampiristic features to better look the part of a human.
Depending on where they originally are from, their skin-color as human changes. Here, Pharragan is tan because he's of Egyptian heritage.
By default, all vampires are pale, even vampires with dark-skinned heritage. A black person will always turn pale if reverting back to their vampire self.
Example: Mordecai
upload_2017-1-9_17-11-50.png

To the left, he's in his human form. To the right we have his vampire form.
Note that he's not entirely pale. This is not because of his human dark skin, but because of his age. The older a vampire gets, the darker skin they get. It won't, however, tan and gain color, It only turns a sickly grey as they age.
curtain_winged_dragon_by_szaila-dak94x6.png

First concept art of a species I want to develop more in the future

curtain_winged_dragon_mascot_by_szaila-daksnrn.png

the_phantom_of_the_opera_by_szaila-dal93qj.png

Finished design of the mascot of the species which I called Curtain-winged dragons.

onyx_by_szaila-daldgvr.png

Gift art for @Star Wrath of her OC Onyx

inktober___wraith_horse_by_szaila-dambbg7.png

Ink draw which I edited digitally. Pretty happy with how it turned out as I've been having this idea of a phantom horse thing in my head for a while.

painting_with_poison__by_szaila-dao7ceb.png

As the new pokemon games came out, I finally decided on a "sona" I wanted to use in the pokemon community; Salazzle, which isn't this one, but it's evolution. I just chose to draw it's pre-evolution as it's funnier and more casual.

sun_and_moon__the_struggle_of_being_a_european_by_szaila-daoy28a.png

@Dragonith made a PSA comic which I continued on which is what you see here.

eeeys_by_szaila-dap5gyt.png

omg really happy with how this turned out.
It's showcasing my most used OCs' eyes and one of my best skills as an artist -- drawing pretty pretty and varying eyes. =w=
I'm allowed to say that, right? That I think it's one of my strongest skills, right?

oc_at__nov___for_the_people_by_szaila-daq5q6k.png

Random secret art trade event thing I did of an OC for a person on DA

hW95g6D.png

Funny little pic I drew for a secret santa event in class.
CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THE PERSON I WAS GONNA DRAW FOR REQUESTED???
I FACEPALMED SO HARD GFDI, so I conpensated and drew this instead

com___hax_by_szaila-dasduzc.png

Lineart commission I made for @Hax4Ever

com___thegreattman_by_szaila-dasjmo6.png

shortly after finishing the lineart commission, I got a quick commission to draw a christmas verison of @TheGreatTMan's OC
I think my Chibi style might have evolved yet again for the best...

sexy_stripper_wolfman_by_szaila-datdj7j.png

I keep thinking I'm like the least generous person to draw gift art to people, but here I still drew @Jenosis's werewolf OC as a surprise gift.
Sometimes it does feel good though..

Pharragan - human training.png

Pharragan in his human form and training outfit.

Pharragan - dragging base alt clothes.png

another human!pharragan doodle

Raiden - facial hair-yay or nay.png

Revisited an old OC of mine and gave him some testosterone.

Raiden - cootie patootie.png

Even if he got a boost in testosterone, he's still as sweet as ever to his girl.

Raiden - new clothes.png

T E S T O S T E R O N E
and a bad boi

no_matter_what_i_make_him_wear___by_szaila-datsk7e.png

Funny stream doodles of Pharragan in different clothes.
From left to right, Joseph's tequila dress > Keyhole turtleneck > some freaky high-fasion stuff I found online idk

oji_sama_by_szaila-dauidwc.png

Another gift for a good irl friend of mine
SEE?? I AM A GENEROUS PERSON TOO! I'm just not doing it so often ;w; if I want to draw someone a gift, I want it to be proper and not just some cheap 2 min doodle. A gift need to meet the same standards as my personal pieces.

one_of_those_mornings_by_szaila-daunwsl.png

even though it's a sketch, I really like how this turned out.
It's so... atmospheric and one of those rare pics in which we see Pharragan as a person and not just another smug OC guy we see in every corner on deviantart.
Vampires can also get the flu.

upload_2017-1-9_17-50-59.png

aaand here's a WIP which I'm working on for Mordecai -- the other vampire OC I have.
Finally developing his design a bit further feels super refreshing, ESPECIALLY when looking at how his design were like when I first came up with his concept.

Enter my Jojo's bizarre adventure obsession..
kq_by_szaila-datsjvj.png

Killer Queen doodle to test the waters

JJBA - Killer flower.png

Wanted to test the waters some more, but scrapped it and slapped on a flower and some blush and called it a day

ycKko62.png

some cool as :red: pic I drew on a log

Found out shortly after after having doodled multiple Killer Queens that I might as well just make an ask-blog on tumblr to vent my need to draw it.
Here's the first pic to start off the blog.
d6bf6453f84d75dad6ed488788d3168b-daun4n5.png

doot
based off of this

Then the asks flowed in on the blog thanks to a friend who's a little more active in the jjba ask-community
ask_1_by_szaila-dauod3g.png

a face only a mother could love...

ask_2_by_szaila-dausdbx.png

Run.
Or stay, the signals are mixed.
(basically for those who don't know, without spoiling what the power is: the character activates it's power by pressing it's thumb to the side of it's index finger, as if pressing a switch which is why it's hand could both be a thumbs up but also a threat.)

taking_good_care_of_your_user_by_szaila-daupfku.png

Has to be the cutest thing I've drawn in these recent times. I just adore seeing more "human" interractions between these two characters, even if it's not canonically possible.

Boy, what a wild ride. Idk if I included some pics I've alreaded posted before, but that doesn't matter really.
Anyways, I should try to be more active on this thread, posting pics as I make them instead of doing huge compilations like this one lmao.

Hope you liked what you saw~ I did, if I do say so myself OHOHOHOHOH
hade kek​

wooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI'MBACKWITHMOREART
:red:post 3.4.png

:red:post 3.3.png (no text) :red:post 3.5.png extreme edition.
Crunchyroll, the anime hosting site hosted the anime awards (sorta like anime's oscar's if you needed a comparison) in which everyone thought Kira Yoshikage thought would win the best villain award, in which he didn't and lost by 0,6%, about 500 votes. This has angered quite a few people, me including lol. This led to me making this pic which basically sums up mine and many others' feelings about the thing.

submission 1.png

Someone submitted some Killer Queen fanart which I hung on the fridge door <3

pharragan - pose like there's no tomorrow.png

Redesigned Pharragan's casual/main clothes. As @Jenosis put it; "You've seen the boob window, now get ready for.. The Ab Gateway!"
I want ab gateway to be a thing now lmfao
I don't know why the post it automatically making two spoilers, but I can't seem to just make it one, so this will have to do...

upload_2017-1-15_11-26-0.png

OCswap17 - 1.1.png

OCswap17 - 1.2.png

Don't insult his fashion choices when you come dressed like that yourself.

@Cheerio sent an ask with their OC for Pharragan. Obviously he weren't that pleased with their question.

Also can I just point out how much fun it was to draw these different emotions on Pharragan? He has such nice and special eyes and eyebrows which are fun to mess around with.

Mads Mikkelsen.png

And last, but definetly not least;
A speedpaint focusing on light and shadow of my favourite actor, Mads Mikkelsen.
This was a screenshot I had taken while watching Hannibal.

That's all for now, hope you like it~

View attachment 155927
View attachment 155926 (no text) View attachment 155928 extreme edition.
Crunchyroll, the anime hosting site hosted the anime awards (sorta like anime's oscar's if you needed a comparison) in which everyone thought Kira Yoshikage thought would win the best villain award, in which he didn't and lost by 0,6%, about 500 votes. This has angered quite a few people, me including lol. This led to me making this pic which basically sums up mine and many others' feelings about the thing.

View attachment 155929

View attachment 155935
Redesigned Pharragan's casual/main clothes. As @Jenosis put it; "You've seen the boob window, now get ready for.. The Ab Gateway!"

View attachment 155934
View attachment 155930
View attachment 155931
@Cheerio sent an ask with their OC for Pharragan. Obviously he weren't that pleased with their question.

Also can I just point out how much fun it was to draw these different emotions on Pharragan? He has such nice and special eyes and eyebrows which are fun to mess around with.

View attachment 155936
A speedpaint focusing on light and shadow of my favourite actor, Mads Mikkelsen.

That speedpaint is absolutely sick.

View attachment 155927
View attachment 155926 (no text) View attachment 155928 extreme edition.

View attachment 155929

View attachment 155935
I don't know why the post it automatically making two spoilers, but I can't seem to just make it one, so this will have to do...

View attachment 155934
View attachment 155930
View attachment 155931

View attachment 155936

I am not unconvinced that the speedpaint is not just an image.

Unless, of course, there is an image not showing up for me

I am not unconvinced that the speedpaint is not just an image.

Unless, of course, there is an image not showing up for me
I only posted the thing I painted, so what you're seeing is most definetly not the reference I used. Even the skin texture was made by fiddling with some other textures.
I though it'd be obvious, seeing as there's nothing else than a head, not even a collar or background.

Last edited:
I only posted the thing I painted, so what you're seeing is most definetly not the reference I used. Even the skin texture was made by fiddling with some other textures.
I though it'd be obvious, seeing as there's nothing else than a head, not even a collar or background.
I am honestly at a loss for words.

(now that i look closer i can see telltale signs, but it looks just like a photograph)

More art!

upload_2017-1-20_18-30-50.png

Starting off with a cute pair of characters I designed.
Next off is probably some male counterparts.

PUX6F9g.png

Who needs Crazy Diamond to heal you when you've got Killer Queen?

Ask 3.png

Friend!

"Killer Queen, I love your shoes!"
Ask 4.png

Explosive fashion
(Originally I think they meant Pharragan's shoes, but he thought probably his name was Killer Queen, but I couldn't help myself..!)

25.01.17 Title.png

25.01.17 Chibies.png
25.01.17 Standard style.png

Starting off with some commission info sheets I finally got around to making.
Kinda proud of them too =w=
:red:post 4.1.png :red:post 4.2.png :red:post 4.3.png :red:post 4.4.png :red:post 4.5.png :red:post 4.6.png :red:post 4.7.png :red:post 4.8.png :red:post 4.9.png :red:post 4.10.png
:red: ton of Ghiaccio's drawn with badly timed Yuri on Ice screenshots.

:red:post 5.1.png
:red:post 5.2.png

Introductory post I did for my Ask-Blog where I draw Killer Queen where I references a thing from Kill la Kill.

upload_2017-1-27_21-16-5.png

Also starting to figure out how I want the reference sheet for my OCs, starting with Pharragan's .o.
Also, I've changed his ridiculous height from 212cm to 192cm
Now Mordecai is the one with the ridiculously tall height of 212cm. Tbh, he deserves a tall posture way more than Pharragan.
Here's how his ref sheet is turning out:
upload_2017-1-27_21-18-32.png

And that's all for now. Hope you like!

I said I was gonna post often, and I never did.
Good job me.

Anyways, we have alot of art to catch up on.

First off, I'd like to show off a new character I made just these last days which I need some help with suggesting names for .o.
sona - dragon girl.png

I am thinking I want to make this character the new avatar I will be using around online instead of Carula as, quite frankly, I've grown tired of her.
However, I can't seem to come up with a name for her =w=" I'm open for suggestions, but I can't guarantee I'll use them.
If she's gonna be a sona, shes probably just gonna be a representation of me, just with exhaggerated characteristics where she'll be quick tempered, easy to pick on and when she does get angry, can't do anything other than throw a tantrum and pout. As she'd be based off of me when being a sona, and me having a hard time characterizing good qualities, then she'll mostly have more negative qualities afaik. Oh right, she'll also be forgetful, and she's quick to jump to conclusions, even if said conclusions are because of her own forgetfullness. She likes attention tho, and will brag if she feels like she did something right, tho more so in a joking manner, like with the obvious fake laughter and all. However, when she isn't the one who compliments herself, someone else doing it, she will do a 180 and become super humble. err.. Imagine chopper from one piece. Tho she will try to take the compliment instead of going "noo you're lying, naww I'm not that cool, you're wrong". If she feels she owes something to someone, she will put E F F O R T into doing whatever she's doing/giving them making it good. If she can't do something she set her mind out to do, well, another mini tantrum. Oh, and I found out she's gonna be a lightning dragon, having the lime parts of her body glow slightly. Also her saliva is an insulator somehow. Her horn isn't a knife anymore, it's a tazer xD jk she can still use to as a knife

IDEA
SINCE SHE CAN USE HER HORN AS A TAZER
SHE WILL NEED TO RECHARGE IT BY PUTTING IT ONTO HER NUB AGAIN LMAO

Now that's out of the way, here's the rest of the art, and boi, let me tell you I've been up to some stuff .o.

greatTman 1.2.png
greatTman 2.png
greatTman 3.png

Some Carula stuff I drew for @TheGreatTMan's project of making a gun based off of Carula .o.

pharragan - cane blade.png

Finally got off my :red: to illustrate how Pharragan's new cane looks like and works.
I'm happy with it. Glad it's not one of those regular predictable sword- or gun-canes.

jjba - karsy.png

Some kind of mixed redraw of two pictures from Jojo's bizarre adventure of this F A B U L O U S guy from the show.

OC heights.png

Made a size chart of all of my relevant OC's .o.
From left to right there's Mordecai (212cm), Pharragan (196cm), Raiden (187cm), Claudia (175cm), Kain (185cm), Carula (173cm), Camillia (162cm), Sirius(350~cm) and Galganta (400~cm)

So a friend of mine made this kiriban art gift for someone who caught it. She drew her OC and the person getting fanservice from him.
kiriban_prize__2_by_chibiklompen-db3uz7h.png

(I did not make this one) however I did make this one:
idk lmao.PNG

This was honestly the only thing I could see when looking at her picture lmao

Mordecai - Scabarm.png

So I developed more on my Vampire species which I'm writing about. After the most recent session I wrote on it, I found out new stuff about them.
For reference, both my OCs Pharragan and Mordecai are of this species, as well as @Scarecrow's Scarlet and @Snarferman's Ambrys.

Mordecai - Blood bone unwrapped.png

This in turn let me to edit one of my OCs, Mordecai, to have this new detail.
So as I've said, I've been writing on, and developing this custom vampire-like species for a while now, and I've gotten up to 10 pages with pure technical info and lore.
You're welcome to read through it, and I'd love feedback as well .o.
https://goo.gl/cxe4Wb
It might be alot, but everything is very neatly organized, and you can click through the categories on the left side.

Camillia - sweater thief.png

so @Scarecrow made a new OC and she had a very similar sweater to my own OC Camillia's sweater. This made me think how she'd get out of the shower only to see her sweater gone because scrow's OC took it either by mistake or on purpose. She will never know.

Dragonith - DRAGonith.png

So me and @Dragonith was dual streaming just recently, and it led to alot of funny sketches. Most of them happened when Dragonith weren't looking.

Dragonith - old spice.png

I'm especially happy with this one ngl LMAO

EpicCriddle2.png

A more experimental chibi style for @EpicCriddle

Freenight.png

Another by @Freenight

Rohan chibi.png

I somehow won my own raffle, so I drew Rohan from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
He's such a good character omg

Flak Master.png

Then the next stream I did, @FlakMaster won a smol little.. uh.. whatever it is

EpicCriddle3.png
EpicCriddle4.png

@EpicCriddle was lucky once again (lucky bastard) but took forever to answer and actually accept the prize, so while I waited, I drew a funny version of him, then when he actually came, drew him a cheeb of questionable quality.

Greeniegreen.png

Finally it was @Greenie's turn to win a raffle. He requested his gemsona and mine, and since I'm a softie when it comes to my own OCs, I haaad to make this one good.

dominator5 sig.png

The next stream I do, this one person from deviantart wins my raffle and requests an OC for someone else .o.
I was quite happy with how this one turned out both in anatomy and composition, so I am currently using this picture as a sketch example in my commission details.

GekigamiXsin sig.png
Next up to win was another from deviantart, which I can't remember if he was on the forums or not.
Anyways, he requested this uh.. Mecha'y cyborg-like tiger character.

Scarecrow2.png
Scarecrow2,2.png

The next stream, I could only draw one raffle prize because of how late it was getting for me, but lo-and-behold, @Scarecrow finally won a raffle from me.
He requested his new OC, however he let me take artistic liberties to redesign her hair because of how similar it was to Scarlet's hair already which had been bothering me. I am honored that he afterwards said he wanted to change her hair to the new one I made for him =w=
Also, she's originally supposed to be drawn in normal panties, but it's become a running joke to draw her in anything BUT sexy underwear if scarecrow wins a raffle and requests this character.
I felt like being nice however, and edited on her normal panties later tho.

Eden general reference.png

I made a new OC a while ago, and let me tell you..! I am infatuated with this character :passionate:
I might have a thing for nagas, and combining that with combed back hair, which I adore and sharp facial features, then I've got myself a bomb I'm not prepared to handle.
His name is Eden, and he is a garden snake. Not based off of an actual garden snake, he just lives in a garden. He's a quiet and stern guy, but a little naughty as well. There will probably not be too much art of him here because of reasons I cannot disclose. I'm sure you understand.

146 - Pharry chibi with cane.png

Lil chibi I made for Pharragan as I wanted to test out that one chibi style on ma boi Pharry .o.
Quite like how it turned out =v=

So I've put out that I've been struggling with some money because of complications irl, so I've tried getting my commission info out there. Some people have been very nice and spread the info, so I made them some gifts as a thanks c:
147,2 - Criddle.png

for @EpicCriddle

147,3 - Betty.png

For @BitPieStudios

147,4 - Luneria.png

For @Luneria2

147,5 - Jenosis.png

For @Jenosis

147,6 - Snarf.png

For @Snarferman

147,7 - Scarecrow.png

For @Scarecrow

147,8 - Dragonith.png

And a special thanks to @Dragonith for using his influence to spread it both on tumblr and deviantart.

cold_like_space_by_szaila-db2se39.png

So after a stream of doing some raffles, someone had requested an image of their Steven Universe gemsona with my own gemsona which I had made prior. This inspired me to redraw him and finish his design. This image was supposed to become a reference sheet for him, but it ended up as a cool painting focusing on background practice.
I'm not complaining tho..

Gruvs - sig.png

Commission for @Ori

Cute Spider - group sig.png

Some chibies for @TeaPartySpider

hax - neko and kain sig.png

Sketch com for @Hax4Ever

BreathOfNightmare - sig.png

An intresting "sketch dump" commission for a person over at deviantart .o.
Let me tell you, these characters were a pain in the arse to draw as they were so detailed. @_@

Commission - Velka sig.png

And last but not least two chibi commissions for @QuackersDelta

Intrested in commissioning me? .o.
Check out this info and PM me if you have a question =w=

That was alot, oh boi.
Hope all of the spoiler tabs doesn't goof up now..

EDIT: They did, kinda goof, but it was my own mistake which was easily fixed. HOORAY

Last edited:
JESUS CHRIST, I'VE ACCUMULATED SO MUCH ART I HAVEN'T POSTED YET.
GOOD LORD.
OKAY
THIS IS GONNA BE A HUUUUUUUUGE POST, GUYS.
SORRY ABOUT THIS.
Hope you enjoy these ones~

Lavia forme - Pharragan.png

Finally redesigned Pharragan's Lavia forme (monster transformation) properly from that big serpent thing. Super happy with this one, he's rad af!

Kain reference sheet.png

Put Kain through the rework-machine, and I'm kinda happy with the new look =v=

Mordecai's Henchmen.png

Uh... *looks around*... did I ever post these characters??
I feel like I have, but I ccan't find them anywhere in my previous posts ???
oh well, here's another dump of thins I feel I have posted, but probably didn't
Part of the same vampire-universe as Pharragan and Mordecai.
I really like the designs of these two, and I'd love to draw more of them in the future. I even designed them with one of my weaknesses in mind-- Mecha/armor! I need to start handling my problem of not being able to draw detailed mecha or armor, so I made them have these special boots to start nice and easy with the armor =w="

149 - Neuro.png

Lmao, I made this quick dirty mouse-drawing of one of them, and it accidentally turned out cute, so I redrew it properly, and am now using it as my pc background.

150 - Angular.png

Super cool style-test I did. Absolutely love the angular style, but it's a bit hard to work with, so I think I'll pass. It's nice to have tried it out tho.

43.gif

@Darthkitten assigned people different superpowers, or quirks as they're called based off of this one anime called "my hero academia" (basically there's superpowers involved, go watch the series yourself, it's blown up in popularity and for a good reason as well, it's a masterpiece)
And I got assigned the quirk "Hallucinatory Nightmare Breath", so I couldn't help but draw myself with said quirk.
Idk, he said he based the quirks off of the person he was assigning it off of, and I don't know what about me made him give me something as horrifying as this lol.
Basically, I breathe this smoke/fog/mist that if you come in contact/breathe it in, you will start hallucinating. But it's not the kind of "oh there's a red dragon in the ceiling"-kind of hallucinations. They will be based off of one's worst nightmares and fears.

155 - Dee.png

An art-trade I did with @Snarferman. I drew the main-character from this game he's working on called Avast =w=

I made this really nice Eden pic, but I'll put it into another spoiler to be safe as It's a bit suggestive. Nothing nsfw is shown, but it could be interpreted wrong, so head's up.
156 - Bone and Flesh.png

Here's some commissions I don't think I've posted yet either
(wtf some of these are so old how haven't I posted these yet????)
vrdnt25 - sig.png

Commission for vrdnt25 on DA

TheQuietBisharp - v2 sig.png

For @TheQuietBisharp and his DnD campain lmao

Lumi - Sig.png

Full piece for @Midnight Moonlight and their Jojo fan-character and their stand .o.

EpicCriddle - sig.png

Commission from @EpicCriddle gifted to @Arkhayla =v=

SharaXOfficial - sig.png

I was commissioned by this youtuber/remixer/song-composer I follow, so I was sorta stoked to get this from them @w@
This is their channel, if anyone's interested, she's got alot of cool music. She gained most of her popularity by remixing undertale songs, but she's got alot of really cool original songs as well.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharaXChannel

TheGreatTMan - buttons.png

I were supposed to have put my commissions on-hold, but this one was such a quick and easy commission request, that I'd feel bad for turning it down.
Some buttons made for @TheGreatTMan and his steam workshop mods/skins.
Check them out here .o. https://steamcommunity.com/id/lordofcheeki/myworkshopfiles/
Kinda a new thing for me, as I've never made buttons/banners like this before, so it was a fresh of breath air =w= I think they turned out more than just "sub-par" as one of the geENerOuS criticizers said to me. I doubt fully and wholly you could make these in "just 5 minutes" (you know who you are, your gesture was rude and I'd slap you! Don't you know general artist etiquette where if you show me something and I compliment it, you're kinda rude to not give any kind of compliment when I show you something back. Yes I'm still annoyed. Sorry for the rant, guys.)

Aurora - sig.png

Sketch commish for our lovely @Aurora3500 of her OC in her meta-form =v=
LOOK AT ALL THOSE LIMBS. I'm very happy with how I managed to make the pose manageable and not clustered, even with so many limbs to keep track of.

TheGreatTMan 5 - chibies sig.png.png

Another little cheeb commish for @TheGreatTMan
From left to right is a anthropomorphized version of this dragon in the game Unturned, his OC in a military suit, and his brother's oc.

vrdnt25,2 - sig.png

Last commission I've finished till now. Another chibi batch for Vrdnt25 on DA. I'm really happy with the right one, she turned out supe cute =v=

Here's some sketches I haven't uploaded yet too .o.
Anthro - thicc goldfish.png

Goldfish anthro I made from someone's story that they named their goldfish b*tch. Therefore this is a sassy-looking fish.

Face charts 1.png

Had alot of fun with drawing expressions one stream. I want to do more of this some other time.

Face charts 2.png

And so I did. More expressions.

151 - :red:post.png

meme.
Because he's a naga.
Part snake.
That's why this is relevant.

152 - Character developement.png

Decided to finish two of the expressions from the chart which I really liked how they turned out =w=

naga people.png

At some point at school, I drew these naga-like people race thing where the males have natural capes taken from cobras, and the females have hoods.

sona - rub nub.png

Did I ever post this? It's cute tho.

drago - SLEEP.png

Telling @Dragonith to go to sleep because sometimes he too has bad sleep scedules.

sona - wing reference behind.png

Some design notes about how the dragon girl character's wings look and work like.

aku but with a monobrow.png

What it.
Aku.
But with monobrow.

Sona - real-sized 1.png

Tried drawing a more grown-up version of the dragon character. Not too happy with it tbh tho ;/

pokesona - Granbull 2.png

Finally settled on a pokemon I'm gonna use within the pokemon community as a sona.
It's chubby, grumpy and kinda dull. Perfect for me.

animuuuuu.png

hott anime yahoo boys: the tutorial

There is no tutorial.
This is the ideal anime boy. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Pharragan and scarlet - FALL.png

Birthday doodle for @Scarecrow

sharax - number one two three and four.png

Dumb :red: doodle of some OCs for a friend, where they're the "we are number one" crew from lazytown

Here's some raffle prizes too I've drawn for people who has won raffles on my streams~
GenryuuZirconium sig.png

For a dude on DA I always forget the name of.

153 - Stream group picture.png

So during making the first expression chart with my OCs, we were playing a game where the watchers could guess the chart and expressions used, and those who got the most points would win and get a doodle. Sadly, in this case, three people ended up on the top, so I had to give all of them something lol. I just made a nicer-looking group pic.. I really should stop putting so much effort into free stream raffles.. It's gotten to the point where if you thought about commissioning me, but you win a raffle, you don't need to commission me anymore because of how good the quality is of the free raffle is ;/
Lumi 2.png

For @Midnight Moonlight
I've been having trouble with finding a consistent kind of style to draw for people when they win raffles, so I'm thinking of start offering 2 kinds of options. Either this kind of monochrome chibi, or these kind of icons, like the one under.

icon - Gekigami.png

They have a specific size of being 152px wide, so it's possible for you to use the icon as this kind of gallery folder icon, as shown here. Or they can be easily rescaled into avatars.
Also don't ask me why one of the raffle-winners requested a sandwich, I have no idea. But I was determined to make a GOOD sandwich, and a sandwich I made. I think it turned out well =v=

chibi - criddle.png

Another monochrome chibi for @EpicCriddle, as he won the last raffle. usually, I wouldn't add color, to the chibies, but since his character were litterally only one variation of green, I didn't mind too much. When I mean monochrome, I mean the chibi will either be in black-white or have multiple hues of a color. this will make it easier for me when it comes to drawing raffle prizes quickly and still not have them be on-par with my actual commission chibies.

SO! I've been having this idea in mind.
here's a spoiler for those who don't care lol
I want to make this Little universe where there's oc's living in this little monster-village. The village is exclusively home to monster-people of all shapes and sizes, and banishes humans. They all came to live in the village because of one common thing: They wanted to get away from humans, as monsters are hunted down for profit and glory in this world.
So thing is, I really want to make this thing where people can submit their OCs to this "world", and I guess people could rp with others in said village. Never been too much of an rp'er myself, but I wish I had gotten into it as it really helps with character development and just having fun in general.
Anyways, I want to make this subforum of said monstervillage. Not necessarily on TCF, but just somewhere which people can apply to and insert their monster-oc into the village in a believable way, and interact with other people's OCs.
I've been thinking alot about this thing, I've even made a mock-up of a map for it.
monstervillage - map.png
Don't mind the city ontop of the hill, I'm thinking about removing it so that it won't seem as huge. I want this village to be an actual village on not a city..!

If you're interested in something like this, don't hesitate to ask me more about it. I'd love to talk about it~

man, recently I got a revelation as I was browsing this artists gallery
it was nothing much, most she had was very rough sketches of her OCs
But thing is, I got very interested in said OCs, even if they weren't polished pictures at all.
because all of the sketches was character interactions.
and situations they were put into
all of them spoke so much more of her OCs' personalities and traits than any of my own finished OC pics
I realized: "sh!t"
"I need to draw more character interactions and situations"
even if it's jsut sketches
because that's what makes people interested in your OCs
not finished pics
..but interactions!
I'm gonna start drawing more character interactions and put my OCs in situations to make you guys love them more ewe

That said, at the same time I was rediscovering my love for this one particular OC pair of mine -- Raiden and Claudia, so I went and doodled a few interactions.
And boi, did my inner fangirl flare up again..!
I can't even....
hhhhhhhh
bBsSSG

Find yourself a girl/man who looks at you like how Claudia looks at Raiden.

a4399d9548.png

HHHH I CAN'T FFDFJFSHDF
There was a constant internal scream going on while drawing this, I had to take multiple pauses just to look away because I was just sdkfjhsdkjf

284f628a88.png

'Tis the season of summerwear.
Dude, I am super happy with the anatomy for Raiden's body..!! Well.. I guess Claudia's as well.. But her's isn't as complex as his, the point is--
It's nothing special, right?
Well.. Other than the fact that I drew it completely out of memory and experience. It feels so good to look at it and think "Man, I've gotten so far in drawing, I can now draw this without looking at any references for the muscles or proportions."

I am truly starting to feel happy with where I'm currently at with my skills as an artist <3

And with that, I wish you a happy summer!
(Don't hesitate to talk to me if you need help or want to ask me a question~)

Last edited:
Simply superb. Keep at it!

Loving the angular masculine muscles, looks very cool! My one suggestion would be to work a little on feminine figure, specifically: thighs, waistline and posterior (not in your chibi stuff, those are flawless).

uhh idk how many I have to show, I've lost count
yeah canigetuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boneless pictures?
160,2 - Happy birthday creator sig.png

It was my birthday the 20.th
158 - study of Mads Mikkelsen.png

Shadow study of Mads Mikkelsen

159 - Pharragan's eye.png

Brushed off my Eye shading skills.

157 - secret art trade.png

Secret art trade done with someone on DA

Adoptables batch 3,02.png.png.png

Made 2 sets of adoptables where people can buy the designs to use for themselves.
Currently the Zweilous and alolan Persian is bought

Adoptables batch 4,0.png

Second set of adoptables.
#5 and #7 is taken.

CRTist - sig.png

Commission I did

TheGreatTman 6 - boxes sig.png.png

Commission for @TheGreatTMan

Ephy - sig.png

Finished another commission for someone else.

vrdnt25 - meme - sig.png

A fun draw-the-squad meme I did as a commission.

TheGreatTman 7 - stream com sig.png

Another one for @TheGreatTMan stream sketch

vrdnt25,3 - sig.png

Next set of chibies for another dude on DA

pokemon - gijinka - Yveltal.png

A new OC I made from a Yveltal gijinka. His name is Yuuma.

palkia_ref_sheet_by_szaila-dbk3zk7.png

Another gijinka, this one being Palkia. Don't have a name for him, but I'm sure i'll come up with something someday.

These two gijinkas are my new precious babies, I love them so much.

donno if I have more than this. I probably do... Should've probably waited until I was better rested so that I'd be willing to look through my folders to find more pics but meh. Nah. What's left is either :red:ey doodles or stream raffles. Nothing important.

Attachments

• 157 - secret art trade.png
    157 - secret art trade.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 158 - study of Mads Mikkelsen.png
    158 - study of Mads Mikkelsen.png
    242 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
So uh.. Hello again. This has been a year, hasn't it?
szaila_s_art_summary_of_2017_by_szaila-dbx1wx9.png

Have another compilation of missed art~
cutie_with_an_attitutie_by_szaila-dblaozw.png

I kinda like Pearl the most out of the two splatoon girls

com___reference_sheet__myla_by_szaila-dbm7nv5.png

Commission ref sheet for @TheGreatTMan

oc_at__aug___hot_damn_by_szaila-dbmlg75.png

Secret santa gift for way back in august.

lovell_by_szaila-dbmudph.png

Gift for a friend of mine who's been overwhelming me with gift art
This is basically me:
unknown.png

So. Much. Gift. Art. It's unreal @-@ (keep in mind all these pics are just a sliver of the entire pile..!)

discord_status_meme_by_szaila-dbmwz7n.png

Not really art, but I did a discord status meme which I thought would be useful.

ms_paint_more_like_ms_pain_by_szaila-dbn65o5.png

Now this might not look like much at first glance, but I :red: you not, this one was tedious as :red:.
I drew this in MS Paint with mouse, I am ready to accept death at this point.

mystic_messenger___not_the_cat_by_szaila-dbpfhgq.png

And so begins the era of my obsession with otome games, starting off strong with Mystic Messenger.

switcharound_meme__mystic_messenger_edition__by_szaila-dbq42ly.png

Did a Switcharound meme with a good friend of mine~~
This was hella fun. Basically it works like this. Both of us sketches something, then we "switch around" the sketches, finishing each others' pieces in our own styles by using the others' sketch as the guidline.
I definetly want to do more art memes with this person in the future~

starchild_by_szaila-dbq44vl.png

Here's a full version of the piece I finished btw~
I love it to death.
I think this is the point where I changed my art style for good. I'm so glad, because with the help of my friend and this meme, I started drawing hair in a much different style than how I usually draw it, and I love it!

once_you_jumin___by_szaila-dbqjs1o.png

Mystic Messenger hype train still going strong. This is my fave char, he's a cinnamonroll bun.
Or as what the fandom likes to say -- he's a senpai in the streets, but daddy in the sheets.

the_aftermath____by_szaila-dbqjs1f.png

Basically the aftermath from previous pic lol.

500_watchers_raffle_winner_prizes_by_szaila-dbrzxrj.png

Did an art raffle because of finally reaching 500 watchers on deviantart. Yay qwq
The first one was shamelessly requested by said previous friend, second one was requested by @Snarferman, and the third for @EpicCriddle. All which won the raffle.

oc_at__oct___not_so_mad_genious_by_szaila-dbscr6c.png

October's secret santa event thing =3=;

oc_at__nov___bang_by_szaila-dbvjyuq.png

(this one I'm SUPER happy with btw)
This one was Novermber's secret santa gift.

headaches_by_szaila-dbssxhu.png

Finally applied my new way of drawing hair onto my main OC Pharragan.
With the style-change, I also revisited him as a character, and developed him further in terms of personality, and I'm stoked to say that he now has more emotions than just cockyness, glee and confidence now.

hello_husband_by_szaila-dbwqzbg.png

YES
HE'S SO HANDSOME
I decided to make a new rule to his design. He does not have one specific main outfit he wears. He changes his clothes from time to time too like what a normal person would do. The only reoccurring accessories that repeat in some of his outfits will be his glasses and sometimes the previous red shoes.

Ahh I'm so happy with how Pharragan has turned out now. Finally.
I've not finished writing his personality completely, but you're welcome to check out his character profile over at Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/1101989.pharragan

pokemon_stream_doodles_by_szaila-dbw1imc.png

Here's some pokemon doodles I drew way back.
I should doodle more, they don't turn out half bad tbh.

alot_of_eden_by_szaila-dbvw3wz.png

Compilation of Eden doodles.
I really love this soft boy of mine~

4_-_Katalavaino_custom_design_signed.png

Made a custom character design for a friend's late birthday gift.
I'm glad that they loved it~

They even loved it so much within 5 minutes they had doodles it themselves lmao
d83f07cd4c.png

TheGreatTMan christine w hat.png

Pic for @TheGreatTMan for gifting me the game Cuphead~
I promise I will finish it at one point!

camillia - doodle2.png

A doodle of Camillia

kpopreliefcharacterconcept.png

Smoll pic of a concept of an OC I wanna make someday.
Smoll asian cutie. More of a casual OC.

5121874_5ZYpZylbCbWKZs9.png

I love him
His Name is Albion Cresil. You're welcome to read about him on his profile: https://toyhou.se/1180089.albion-cresil

Here's a concept sketch of him I made as I designed him
albion_mby_by_szaila-dbqsusq.png

Also, here's a WIP sketch which I want to make into a finished piece because he's so cool
bbbbf0eb5a.png

Someone said if he was an animal, he would be a snake, and I was like ":red:, he might be a "snake" but he EATS snakes"

Meh.
Anyways, sorry for the inactivity. I've not been having a great time these past months, as for the first time in my life :red:'s accumulated to the point where my mental health has become a problem. Never really had mental health problems before, which is why this took me by surprise.

Rant ahead:
I've not been in the mood to draw at all, which is also why I haven't had my commissions open for many months either. I've just been so out of it, idk.
Sorry to those I haven't been in touch with at all. I just can't bring myself from becoming active in the chatroom, as someone who's in there was the reason for me going on the hiatus in the first place, and a major factor to the decline in my mental health.
You others are still welcome to shoot me a message if you want to chat. Don't worry about thinking you're the reason. If you "think" it's you or are unsure about it, it's not you.
So, yeah.
I should really stop worrying about it though, as I have been doing so these past months. It's not really been helping with recovering either, so mby I should just put it all behind me and.. Focus on the people who's with me here and now.
Perhaps.. If nothing about it has happened up until now, maybe it is never meant to happen at all? Is it better this way? I mean it looks like my late friends are doing well without me.
hmm..

Anyways, here's to 2018 being a year of betterment.
46.gif

Hum hum it's been a while huh
I'm here with another massive art-dump

love me or hate me it's coming either way lol
12640869_TdaJtfYUhESsdRi.png

6604007_rC0RzXOhPOCHBuh.png

still a WIP, want to finish it properly someday

6693527_iXFSN6mVKYTJBzj.png

Style test

7044314_bPHQCXwLRHAahmU.png

8935390_P1nUiltysT3bgZJ.png

Love how grotesque this character is which lets me explore stuff like this in my art

11424256_wlHT6AcLjS3Mt3E.png

Cursed image: furry albion

6316113_ulweCxSShs9cn5E.png

Fairly old tbh, but still pretty ngl

8906061_0Ugmgw4vFnlCL0L.png

Commissioned someone to design a more proper outfit for pharragan, and I quickly doodled it out myself

8895496_JTbDxdLa9BfkjOW.png

Pharragan's new basic design

10447680_20D0c5KCQzTuTCx.png

Nightlife

11794284_JQIrb7a6DhdsFS2.png

finalizing how his eye looks

13195952_WY1JFIErfsVsGZl.png

Sometimes mood be like that

So I've made a new OC during this time as well, and I love him dearly, he's probably one of my three main OCs now between Pharragan, Albion and this guy now.
10678628_HhfzLrK5GkDdDPG.png

He's a beautiful monsterboy, so ofc he has to have a human form

10689590_bbTaj97COCbM2P9.png

Half transformed

10469062_iKan0MAnig4d8HI.png

11026838_LmMqkDoBFUxP91h.png

And a naga form

11197302_AHcFdVErrle6fqb.png

Sometimes a king needs his beauty sleep too

I need to draw him more, i really like him

I also developed his backstory and personality, so if you're interested in this guy, you can find his backstory and personality in the spoiler below. Warning, wall of text incoming.
THE RULE​
Sargon was a great ruler of the Persian empire, however it was a peculiar situation to have a monster -- a naga as king and emperor of Persia. People should have been wary of him, but he was not a bad king, nor was he benevolent and kind either however. It was his extreme persistence and hardiness which made him a very efficient king, and led Persia to great achievements under his rule. However, the bigger the king the greater the threat he would face, and with a lifespan that far exceeded many human generations, the threats only grew.
THE FALL​
Never leaving the throne, Sargon would be questioned and criticized by cynics. At first, it would only be questions, but towards the end of his rule they became accusations. Wether he did a good job or not didn't matter to them, and they used the natural mistrust humans had for monsters, and how unnatural it was for them to have a king rule for multiple generations to plan a hostile takeover. They wanted him off the throne, and out of their society, for all they knew he could be secretly holding their empire back from their true potential, him being a monster and most of them being humans after all.
Sargon was betrayed by those who served him, and those he protected and ruled over. He was ambushed and captured with the intent of sealing him in a tomb specially made for him. However, he would not give up without a fight as this act of treason filled him with rage. The struggle went on for 5 days with no break and no room to breathe, 300 men was needed to subdue him, but 100 men died in the process. In the end, Sargon was too wounded and exhausted, he had no way of fighting back anymore and was outnumbered and brought to the tomb. There they stripped him of everything; His clothes, jewelry, title and freedom. Shacked in iron, bound by cloth, and sealed with stone, he was finally brought to silence.
The new king appointed by the people took it upon himself to scrub Sargon out of existence. He would proceed to burn every book and papers documenting Sargon himself and his rule, he would punish and execute anyone who would try to keep a record, preventing people from even telling the stories of Sargon Xerxes to their children. However, during Sargon's rule, there were some achievements that could not be scrubbed from the Persian history, and for it to make sense, they made up a fictional king to be described in their books instead of Sargon, and they would call him "Xerxes I".
As Sargon was sealed away, he still had loyal followers, both humans and monsters. The new king took pity on them, and let them give Sargon one last gift before they themselves were sealed away in one big collective tomb of their own, away from Sargon. They decorated his tomb with heaps of gold and jewelry, some vases filled to the brim of gold coins, carved stone pillars encrusted with beautiful jewels and gold, and piles upon piles with treasures from their own collections and Sargon's own treasury. After all, the new king was surprisingly stubborn, and did not want any of the "filthy monster gold" Sargon had collected over the century and decades, and dumped it all into Sargon's tomb. After his loyal followers had given him their gifts and prayers, they were taken to be sealed away in their own tomb, some forcefully and some peacefully. Sargon's tomb were sealed for good, and guarded heavily to prevent anyone to interfere. In the end no one who were truly loyal to Sargon was left in this world. Without anyone to remind them of who he was, time would pass, and so would the memory of the great Naga King Sargon Xerxes of Persia be lost in time.
REVIVAL​
As time went on with nobody to record why his tomb existed in the first place, less and less guards would guard a tomb they did not even know the meaning of. After millennia there would only be a handful left who would stay loyal to the tradition.
Tremors would always have been a common thing to happen now and then, but only recently did they start appearing more often, and one turned out to be powerful enough to wake Sargon from his deep slumber. A single crack in his stone coffin was enough to wake him, and with that he tore free from the withered cloth which had him wrapped up, crushed the stone coffin and ripped the chains holding his arms in place from the walls with a great roar. Sargon Xerxes was back, and he was furious. Waking to the memory of being betrayed, beaten, and forced into a coffin against his will made him blind with anger and pure hate. The unknowing guards who was on patrol was shocked beyond belief, and made their way into the deepest chambers of the tomb where Sargon had been slumbering. They were absolutely awestruck with what they were met with. There on the altar stood a scaled person clad in gold, scorched black by the sun itself and white hair bleached by its rays. He was beautiful, he was radiant, he was powerful, and he was furious. They knew not what to feel, think nor do, and so they attacked him. Sargon brushed off their spears and knives as if they were less worth than flies, he did not even give them the honor of his glare as he swiped them down with his impossibly long and spiked tail. After dealing with the pests, he gathered himself, found his clothes and jewelry in the piles of treasures and escaped the tomb. He knew he had slept for an impossibly long time, and needed to see what he had missed, perhaps there was still parts of his empire he could salvage.
Sargon's facial expressions usually consists of various degrees of contempt, uninterest and subtle satisfaction. He is not a very expressive character, and very rarely shows any kind of extreme emotion unless put in a difficult situation. He rarely smiles in a genuine way as it's incredibly hard to satisfy him to that point of happiness.
He is the King -- The Emperor of the greatest nation know to man! Well... ex-emperor technically speaking.. This is a bit of a touchy subject for him, and will get huffy and annoyed if it is mentioned or questioned about. It still hurts thinking how everything was stolen from him by those he swore to lead.

He carries himself in a very dignified manner, wording himself with confidence and authority. He is extremely demanding of respect, and if you don't adress him properly be it accidentally or not, he will take it as disrespect towards his authority. Depending on the people, he would have them bow down and look to the ground as they spoke to him, avoiding eye contact. Some people in this world does not deserve to lay their eyes onto his magnificense and will look down into the filth by their feet when adressing him.

In private however with people he trusts, he will act completely different. Albeit still having a hard time smiling genuinely, he will still display acts of affection. He's rather awkward though as he will mostly resort to head pats and miscellanious things. These things include stuff such as as sending someone a boquet of flowers if it's someone special, remembering exactly what food they loved and treating them to it, or offering his help if there's anything they need. Nothing super direct, but just subtle enough to still be noticed as acts of affection.
To get the kings complete and undivided affection is very hard however, and he has a hard time trusting -- even moreso loving someone genuinely, so one would have to work very hard to gain this affection. Even if you did have it he wouldn't be too vocal about it, but he would definitely be much more loving. Light, gentle caresses as he passed them, holding them by the waist protectively when introducing them to someone, and making sure they were comfortable at all times would be his top priority.
His lover would be one lucky person.

At his awakening, Sargon was incredibly hateful and bitter against humanity as a whole, lumping every person in with the bad ones and assuming the worst about every human. He was blinded by rage, and had an extremely hard time calming down, seeing past this hate. It took him years to get over it, but as time passed he learned to look past it and see the good in some humans. He is still cautious, but does not blindingly hate them anymore. Due to all the time and energy he spent disliking the humans, he never turned it against his fellow monsterfolk. They were the only ones left to welcome him back after his revival after all, how could he ever thank them? Because of this, he has become very soft on anything non-human. Where he would normally have a very piercing gaze towards a human seeking his council, when compared to a monster his demeanor changes subtly. He's not as hostile and while his piercing glare doesn't dissapear, you could catch an added hint of fondness in his eyes as well. He feels more familiar with monsters afterall.

After learning that not all humans are bad, he set a new goal for himself. He will rise up again, building connections and wealth worthy of a king and work towards a future where monsters doesn't need to be hunted or hidden from humans anymore. When all that is said and done, he wants to sit on the top, leading both humans and monsters.
If you're interested, you can find his entire profile here: Sargon Xerxes on Toyhouse

Gonna add some more misc art of other OCs in this spoiler so I won't clutter up the already cluttered up post lol
12332694_Pnum4bmV5HqX7Gf.png

12332706_DtXJLAHhv22WThv.png

Gave Sintram a prettied up design. god I love his flamboyant look aaaaa I'd kill to have high heels like those.

8398766_ymQBALxwKuhtsSU.png

Old WIP but I still really love this piece ngl I really wanna finish it at some point.

9242855_OUjU6beV4CCrJno.png

Also adopted a new character. His name is Johann "Alaric" Koredion and he's a ghoul.

12597896_T7Uh1mGUJ81tJH1.png

Oh yeah, and Mordecai finally got a proper vampire outfit other than his other priest outfit.

7525000_o3wgmCmuqTuM87u.png

7525057_TKBR4sQAeHdvoPp.png

also made an AU version of Eden in a friend-who-I-forgot-the-TCF-name-for's headworld they made .o.
In this universe, Eden works as the chief of the underwater rescue squad in an area where a lot of people get in trouble in or under the water. It's easier for him since he can breathe underwater.

I also made this new species based off of some adoptables I made earlier as well. I quite like them.
I was told to make one to keep for myself, which I did. So I thought what would be the best one to keep? Why, the creator of the species himself ofc.
Meet the Progenitor
1 - fullbody.png
Quite the intimidating one tbh, but don't worry, he's not an evil god.

Wrote up a species sheet about them, check the spoiler below to read about them.
Visual design:

Aurumago all have a few details in common which repeats in every single character.

Golden head, a dark halo, glowing fingertips and shadowy bodies.
They all have golden heads forming either a skull or a mask. This skull can be of any animal, and anything not seen in this world, some even have horns. The skulls can have horns even if the original skull type should not have it, meaning you could potentially have a horse-skulled Aurumago with massive horns.

Their halos are usually simple pure black halos with a red shine to it. These halos can be implemented in multiple creative ways into their design, and depending on their rank some even have more than one halo. These halos can be implemented over their heads, around their heads, over other parts or around other parts, go crazy. As long as they are visible and easily spotted, then anything goes.

The number of halos vary from rank to rank where Aur has one, Aurai has two and Aurumbrai has three. The number of halos on the Progenitor is unknown.

Their bodies are usually pretty elongated and monotone in coloration. They are all black and shadowy with parts that might make them seem liquidy or smokey in appearance. Their limbs are usually unnaturally long and spindly.

12795738_v5Jnqyu8AjSUwR9.png

Hierarchy:
The Aurumago society is put together in a similar fashion to our societies, however with a lot less leeway. There are only 3 specific ranks dividing up the classes, the name of the ranks are usually what is used to refer to someone of that rank. e.g Mictain the Aur.
While Aurumago was made to be the perfect workers, they still retain personal feelings and thoughts, but as they were programmed to be said “perfect workers” they will never mix in own personal feelings with their given tasks. Only rogue Aurumago will have developed emotions strong enough to disregard their work and orders.

Aur
The lowest ranking of the Aurumago, but by no means a less worth rank. They are the basic task force, doing work that requires a lot of manpower. There exists the most Aur out of any of the ranks.

Arch Aur are Aur who either excels at their given task, or Aur with a bit more power than the regular Aur. They pretty much do the same work as the regular Aur, but capable of taking on much more and is given a bigger responsibility. This responsibility can either be doing more work, or handling more special cases of the normal work. Special cases can include reaping the souls of more significant and special humans.

Aurai
Aurai are part of more specialized task forces which the regular Aur cannot handle. They are given extra powers to be able to handle special tasks. Examples for special task forces can be to correct a mistake having to do with an Aur collecting the wrong soul. They will then personally apologize to the soul in question and bring them back to life per se as they have been given the ability to do so.

The Arch Aurai directs the Aur with directions provided from the Aurumbrai. They can be seen as the managers of their operations, giving the Aur their assignments, correcting mistakes and dishing out punishments if necessary.

Aurumbrai
Overseers of the entirety of Aur and Aurai. Provides directions for Aurai. If necessary, they’re able to come in direct contact with the Progenitor.

They are the guardian and representation of specific things such as Lord of Souls, Game master, God on Knowledge. They monitor everything within their specialization.

Arch Aurumbrai are the second highest power right under the Progenitor, and should not be a specialized Aurumbrai. They are members of a council that governs major rulings and laws within their own society and work.

Progenitor
The creator of the species and has the highest and ultimate role in the Hierarchy. He is seen as a god in the eyes of the Aur and Aurai. He does not have a place in the council, but if he is unhappy with a ruling of theirs, he has the right and power to overrule it.

13175864_fM8kWrS8NN39b21.png

Other standalone types not officially part of the Hierarchy:
Rogue Aur and Aurai
Aur and Aurai that has gone behind their superior’s backs to act on their own emotions. They are considered rouge once they start wanting to prioritize their own emotions before their work. This means that a rogue might still be doing their job, but is considering not doing it or conspiring to run away or just stop.
A rogue can be one of three things because of that. Either they’re still working, they’ve run away, or they’ve been banished.

There has never been a case of Aurumbrai going rogue as they are in direct contact with the Progenitor which gives him the chance to oversee them personally make sure they stay true to their roles.

Bounty hunters
Bounty hunters are technically rogue Aur and Aurai who decided they still want to be part of and help somehow. They might have been another type of worker before they became hunters, but due to their loyalty they decided to turn themselves in and receive help to become something else. They usually consist of special Aurai-leveled Aurumago whose main objective is to locate and hunt down rogue Aur and Aurai. They specialize in tracking down and either bring them back dead or alive.

I also do have some previews of the new batch of adoptables of these Aurumago's.
Here, take a look~
Adoptables batch 7,1,1 small.png Adoptables batch 7,2,1 small.png Now I just need to come up with a third one...

Anyways, I'm done here, thank you for coming to my ted talk.
12642937_h6iFR0kPNSUszxC.png

*exits dramatically*

Hum hum it's been a while huh
I'm here with another massive art-dump

love me or hate me it's coming either way lol
12640869_TdaJtfYUhESsdRi.png

6604007_rC0RzXOhPOCHBuh.png

still a WIP, want to finish it properly someday

6693527_iXFSN6mVKYTJBzj.png

Style test

7044314_bPHQCXwLRHAahmU.png

8935390_P1nUiltysT3bgZJ.png

Love how grotesque this character is which lets me explore stuff like this in my art

11424256_wlHT6AcLjS3Mt3E.png

Cursed image: furry albion

6316113_ulweCxSShs9cn5E.png

Fairly old tbh, but still pretty ngl

8906061_0Ugmgw4vFnlCL0L.png

Commissioned someone to design a more proper outfit for pharragan, and I quickly doodled it out myself

8895496_JTbDxdLa9BfkjOW.png

Pharragan's new basic design

10447680_20D0c5KCQzTuTCx.png

Nightlife

11794284_JQIrb7a6DhdsFS2.png

finalizing how his eye looks

13195952_WY1JFIErfsVsGZl.png

Sometimes mood be like that

So I've made a new OC during this time as well, and I love him dearly, he's probably one of my three main OCs now between Pharragan, Albion and this guy now.
10678628_HhfzLrK5GkDdDPG.png

He's a beautiful monsterboy, so ofc he has to have a human form

10689590_bbTaj97COCbM2P9.png

Half transformed

10469062_iKan0MAnig4d8HI.png

11026838_LmMqkDoBFUxP91h.png

And a naga form

11197302_AHcFdVErrle6fqb.png

Sometimes a king needs his beauty sleep too

I need to draw him more, i really like him

I also developed his backstory and personality, so if you're interested in this guy, you can find his backstory and personality in the spoiler below. Warning, wall of text incoming.
THE RULE​
Sargon was a great ruler of the Persian empire, however it was a peculiar situation to have a monster -- a naga as king and emperor of Persia. People should have been wary of him, but he was not a bad king, nor was he benevolent and kind either however. It was his extreme persistence and hardiness which made him a very efficient king, and led Persia to great achievements under his rule. However, the bigger the king the greater the threat he would face, and with a lifespan that far exceeded many human generations, the threats only grew.
THE FALL​
Never leaving the throne, Sargon would be questioned and criticized by cynics. At first, it would only be questions, but towards the end of his rule they became accusations. Wether he did a good job or not didn't matter to them, and they used the natural mistrust humans had for monsters, and how unnatural it was for them to have a king rule for multiple generations to plan a hostile takeover. They wanted him off the throne, and out of their society, for all they knew he could be secretly holding their empire back from their true potential, him being a monster and most of them being humans after all.
Sargon was betrayed by those who served him, and those he protected and ruled over. He was ambushed and captured with the intent of sealing him in a tomb specially made for him. However, he would not give up without a fight as this act of treason filled him with rage. The struggle went on for 5 days with no break and no room to breathe, 300 men was needed to subdue him, but 100 men died in the process. In the end, Sargon was too wounded and exhausted, he had no way of fighting back anymore and was outnumbered and brought to the tomb. There they stripped him of everything; His clothes, jewelry, title and freedom. Shacked in iron, bound by cloth, and sealed with stone, he was finally brought to silence.
The new king appointed by the people took it upon himself to scrub Sargon out of existence. He would proceed to burn every book and papers documenting Sargon himself and his rule, he would punish and execute anyone who would try to keep a record, preventing people from even telling the stories of Sargon Xerxes to their children. However, during Sargon's rule, there were some achievements that could not be scrubbed from the Persian history, and for it to make sense, they made up a fictional king to be described in their books instead of Sargon, and they would call him "Xerxes I".
As Sargon was sealed away, he still had loyal followers, both humans and monsters. The new king took pity on them, and let them give Sargon one last gift before they themselves were sealed away in one big collective tomb of their own, away from Sargon. They decorated his tomb with heaps of gold and jewelry, some vases filled to the brim of gold coins, carved stone pillars encrusted with beautiful jewels and gold, and piles upon piles with treasures from their own collections and Sargon's own treasury. After all, the new king was surprisingly stubborn, and did not want any of the "filthy monster gold" Sargon had collected over the century and decades, and dumped it all into Sargon's tomb. After his loyal followers had given him their gifts and prayers, they were taken to be sealed away in their own tomb, some forcefully and some peacefully. Sargon's tomb were sealed for good, and guarded heavily to prevent anyone to interfere. In the end no one who were truly loyal to Sargon was left in this world. Without anyone to remind them of who he was, time would pass, and so would the memory of the great Naga King Sargon Xerxes of Persia be lost in time.
REVIVAL​
As time went on with nobody to record why his tomb existed in the first place, less and less guards would guard a tomb they did not even know the meaning of. After millennia there would only be a handful left who would stay loyal to the tradition.
Tremors would always have been a common thing to happen now and then, but only recently did they start appearing more often, and one turned out to be powerful enough to wake Sargon from his deep slumber. A single crack in his stone coffin was enough to wake him, and with that he tore free from the withered cloth which had him wrapped up, crushed the stone coffin and ripped the chains holding his arms in place from the walls with a great roar. Sargon Xerxes was back, and he was furious. Waking to the memory of being betrayed, beaten, and forced into a coffin against his will made him blind with anger and pure hate. The unknowing guards who was on patrol was shocked beyond belief, and made their way into the deepest chambers of the tomb where Sargon had been slumbering. They were absolutely awestruck with what they were met with. There on the altar stood a scaled person clad in gold, scorched black by the sun itself and white hair bleached by its rays. He was beautiful, he was radiant, he was powerful, and he was furious. They knew not what to feel, think nor do, and so they attacked him. Sargon brushed off their spears and knives as if they were less worth than flies, he did not even give them the honor of his glare as he swiped them down with his impossibly long and spiked tail. After dealing with the pests, he gathered himself, found his clothes and jewelry in the piles of treasures and escaped the tomb. He knew he had slept for an impossibly long time, and needed to see what he had missed, perhaps there was still parts of his empire he could salvage.
Sargon's facial expressions usually consists of various degrees of contempt, uninterest and subtle satisfaction. He is not a very expressive character, and very rarely shows any kind of extreme emotion unless put in a difficult situation. He rarely smiles in a genuine way as it's incredibly hard to satisfy him to that point of happiness.
He is the King -- The Emperor of the greatest nation know to man! Well... ex-emperor technically speaking.. This is a bit of a touchy subject for him, and will get huffy and annoyed if it is mentioned or questioned about. It still hurts thinking how everything was stolen from him by those he swore to lead.

He carries himself in a very dignified manner, wording himself with confidence and authority. He is extremely demanding of respect, and if you don't adress him properly be it accidentally or not, he will take it as disrespect towards his authority. Depending on the people, he would have them bow down and look to the ground as they spoke to him, avoiding eye contact. Some people in this world does not deserve to lay their eyes onto his magnificense and will look down into the filth by their feet when adressing him.

In private however with people he trusts, he will act completely different. Albeit still having a hard time smiling genuinely, he will still display acts of affection. He's rather awkward though as he will mostly resort to head pats and miscellanious things. These things include stuff such as as sending someone a boquet of flowers if it's someone special, remembering exactly what food they loved and treating them to it, or offering his help if there's anything they need. Nothing super direct, but just subtle enough to still be noticed as acts of affection.
To get the kings complete and undivided affection is very hard however, and he has a hard time trusting -- even moreso loving someone genuinely, so one would have to work very hard to gain this affection. Even if you did have it he wouldn't be too vocal about it, but he would definitely be much more loving. Light, gentle caresses as he passed them, holding them by the waist protectively when introducing them to someone, and making sure they were comfortable at all times would be his top priority.
His lover would be one lucky person.

At his awakening, Sargon was incredibly hateful and bitter against humanity as a whole, lumping every person in with the bad ones and assuming the worst about every human. He was blinded by rage, and had an extremely hard time calming down, seeing past this hate. It took him years to get over it, but as time passed he learned to look past it and see the good in some humans. He is still cautious, but does not blindingly hate them anymore. Due to all the time and energy he spent disliking the humans, he never turned it against his fellow monsterfolk. They were the only ones left to welcome him back after his revival after all, how could he ever thank them? Because of this, he has become very soft on anything non-human. Where he would normally have a very piercing gaze towards a human seeking his council, when compared to a monster his demeanor changes subtly. He's not as hostile and while his piercing glare doesn't dissapear, you could catch an added hint of fondness in his eyes as well. He feels more familiar with monsters afterall.

After learning that not all humans are bad, he set a new goal for himself. He will rise up again, building connections and wealth worthy of a king and work towards a future where monsters doesn't need to be hunted or hidden from humans anymore. When all that is said and done, he wants to sit on the top, leading both humans and monsters.
If you're interested, you can find his entire profile here: Sargon Xerxes on Toyhouse

Gonna add some more misc art of other OCs in this spoiler so I won't clutter up the already cluttered up post lol
12332694_Pnum4bmV5HqX7Gf.png

12332706_DtXJLAHhv22WThv.png

Gave Sintram a prettied up design. god I love his flamboyant look aaaaa I'd kill to have high heels like those.

8398766_ymQBALxwKuhtsSU.png

Old WIP but I still really love this piece ngl I really wanna finish it at some point.

9242855_OUjU6beV4CCrJno.png

Also adopted a new character. His name is Johann "Alaric" Koredion and he's a ghoul.

12597896_T7Uh1mGUJ81tJH1.png

Oh yeah, and Mordecai finally got a proper vampire outfit other than his other priest outfit.

7525000_o3wgmCmuqTuM87u.png

7525057_TKBR4sQAeHdvoPp.png

also made an AU version of Eden in a friend-who-I-forgot-the-TCF-name-for's headworld they made .o.
In this universe, Eden works as the chief of the underwater rescue squad in an area where a lot of people get in trouble in or under the water. It's easier for him since he can breathe underwater.

I also made this new species based off of some adoptables I made earlier as well. I quite like them.
I was told to make one to keep for myself, which I did. So I thought what would be the best one to keep? Why, the creator of the species himself ofc.
Meet the Progenitor
View attachment 219674
Quite the intimidating one tbh, but don't worry, he's not an evil god.

Wrote up a species sheet about them, check the spoiler below to read about them.
Visual design:

Aurumago all have a few details in common which repeats in every single character.

Golden head, a dark halo, glowing fingertips and shadowy bodies.
They all have golden heads forming either a skull or a mask. This skull can be of any animal, and anything not seen in this world, some even have horns. The skulls can have horns even if the original skull type should not have it, meaning you could potentially have a horse-skulled Aurumago with massive horns.

Their halos are usually simple pure black halos with a red shine to it. These halos can be implemented in multiple creative ways into their design, and depending on their rank some even have more than one halo. These halos can be implemented over their heads, around their heads, over other parts or around other parts, go crazy. As long as they are visible and easily spotted, then anything goes.

The number of halos vary from rank to rank where Aur has one, Aurai has two and Aurumbrai has three. The number of halos on the Progenitor is unknown.

Their bodies are usually pretty elongated and monotone in coloration. They are all black and shadowy with parts that might make them seem liquidy or smokey in appearance. Their limbs are usually unnaturally long and spindly.

12795738_v5Jnqyu8AjSUwR9.png

Hierarchy:
The Aurumago society is put together in a similar fashion to our societies, however with a lot less leeway. There are only 3 specific ranks dividing up the classes, the name of the ranks are usually what is used to refer to someone of that rank. e.g Mictain the Aur.
While Aurumago was made to be the perfect workers, they still retain personal feelings and thoughts, but as they were programmed to be said “perfect workers” they will never mix in own personal feelings with their given tasks. Only rogue Aurumago will have developed emotions strong enough to disregard their work and orders.

Aur
The lowest ranking of the Aurumago, but by no means a less worth rank. They are the basic task force, doing work that requires a lot of manpower. There exists the most Aur out of any of the ranks.

Arch Aur are Aur who either excels at their given task, or Aur with a bit more power than the regular Aur. They pretty much do the same work as the regular Aur, but capable of taking on much more and is given a bigger responsibility. This responsibility can either be doing more work, or handling more special cases of the normal work. Special cases can include reaping the souls of more significant and special humans.

Aurai
Aurai are part of more specialized task forces which the regular Aur cannot handle. They are given extra powers to be able to handle special tasks. Examples for special task forces can be to correct a mistake having to do with an Aur collecting the wrong soul. They will then personally apologize to the soul in question and bring them back to life per se as they have been given the ability to do so.

The Arch Aurai directs the Aur with directions provided from the Aurumbrai. They can be seen as the managers of their operations, giving the Aur their assignments, correcting mistakes and dishing out punishments if necessary.

Aurumbrai
Overseers of the entirety of Aur and Aurai. Provides directions for Aurai. If necessary, they’re able to come in direct contact with the Progenitor.

They are the guardian and representation of specific things such as Lord of Souls, Game master, God on Knowledge. They monitor everything within their specialization.

Arch Aurumbrai are the second highest power right under the Progenitor, and should not be a specialized Aurumbrai. They are members of a council that governs major rulings and laws within their own society and work.

Progenitor
The creator of the species and has the highest and ultimate role in the Hierarchy. He is seen as a god in the eyes of the Aur and Aurai. He does not have a place in the council, but if he is unhappy with a ruling of theirs, he has the right and power to overrule it.

13175864_fM8kWrS8NN39b21.png

Other standalone types not officially part of the Hierarchy:
Rogue Aur and Aurai
Aur and Aurai that has gone behind their superior’s backs to act on their own emotions. They are considered rouge once they start wanting to prioritize their own emotions before their work. This means that a rogue might still be doing their job, but is considering not doing it or conspiring to run away or just stop.
A rogue can be one of three things because of that. Either they’re still working, they’ve run away, or they’ve been banished.

There has never been a case of Aurumbrai going rogue as they are in direct contact with the Progenitor which gives him the chance to oversee them personally make sure they stay true to their roles.

Bounty hunters
Bounty hunters are technically rogue Aur and Aurai who decided they still want to be part of and help somehow. They might have been another type of worker before they became hunters, but due to their loyalty they decided to turn themselves in and receive help to become something else. They usually consist of special Aurai-leveled Aurumago whose main objective is to locate and hunt down rogue Aur and Aurai. They specialize in tracking down and either bring them back dead or alive.

I also do have some previews of the new batch of adoptables of these Aurumago's.
Here, take a look~
View attachment 219672 View attachment 219673 Now I just need to come up with a third one...

Anyways, I'm done here, thank you for coming to my ted talk.
12642937_h6iFR0kPNSUszxC.png

*exits dramatically*

for a moment I thought someone had gotten the wrong thread. then I realized you changed your name.

p.s. OH GOD NOT MORE TED TALKS!!!

p.p.s still nice art tho

for a moment I thought someone had gotten the wrong thread. then I realized you changed your name.

p.s. OH GOD NOT MORE TED TALKS!!!

p.p.s still nice art tho
Lmao yeah I rebranded a while back, but it was sorta unnoticable since I did it fairly quietly.

Are commisions open?
Yes, in fact they are!
You can read all about the prices here: Commission details 2019 [Ask]
And if you have anything else in mind, like a style or something different from what I offer then don't hesitate to ask about it. I'm fairly open to try new stuff.

Thank you for the compliments c:

Back
Top Bottom