Texture Pack Afram - A Terraria Texture Pack

How are my sprites?

• 4. They are quite bad, they need more work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I mean like mainly the sprites for dirt don't fit terraria as much as everything else because it looks so much more realistic, I mean now that i look at it the other sprites fit.

September 5 of last year I announced an update to much of the pack's artwork. I'm working on it. In fact, I'm straight up doing an overhaul for much of the artwork, however, the same basic design is not going to change therefore this does NOT mean I am starting from scratch. I started this pack two years ago, and I've improved significantly since day one. I don't think I'll ever to something like this again, and fret not, I will still make textures while I work on this overhaul. For the remaining 5 people who still care about texture packs, lets keep this community alive, even if it's small. anyway, hopefully the before and after image will stir up some hype. Personally, I am excited. Anyway, enjoy:
upload_2019-5-9_21-32-18.png

upload_2019-5-9_21-31-57.png

I mean like mainly the sprites for dirt don't fit terraria as much as everything else because it looks so much more realistic, I mean now that i look at it the other sprites fit.
Well it's the style I'm going for. If it's not your cup of tea, that's quite alright.

Seems pretty awesome, Ima play when most of it is finished. Are you gonna do mobs too? If so, I can’t wait to see a demon eye :D
Mobs will happen, but maybe not for another few years. If you'd like I can make the demon eye in advance and let you use it along with everything else

This pack has been on more or less of a hiatus. However, have no fear, it's officially back. I've been working hard on some of the new textures. The next update will involve all the pre-hardmode ores + obsidian, as well as the retextured versions of stone, dirt, grass, clay, ebonstone, and possibly others. There is much to look forward to.

This pack will most likely go into hiatuses in the future, and that's because this is a labor intensive project being done by one college student. Please forgive any delays or inactivity. I do try my best.

Anyway, here is what can be expected in the new update:

From left to right, Clay, Copper Ore, Dirt, Dirt Wall, Grass, Obsidian, Stone, Stone Wall
Clay1.png
Copper1.png
Dirt1.png
DirtWall1.png
Grass1.png
Obsidian1.png
Stone1.png
StoneWall1.png

Ultimately, I value quality over quantity. This is a passion project. I love Terraria and I love pixel art. If for whatever reason I feel that my quality is dropping. I will take a break. I am in no rush to finish, I just want to have fun making these textures.

These textures look incredible, there's tons of depth and detail to these textures! Perhaps you could try getting some more people on the team?

1.4 is gonna be huge for texture packs man!
Do you know if theres anything specific being added in the way of making things easier at all? Or is it basically just them showing that texture packs are in the game by having them on the main screen? I wasnt sure

Do you know if theres anything specific being added in the way of making things easier at all?
I believe that it'll offer official 1.4 texture pack support rather than having to rely on tModLoader or changing gamefiles around.

Back
Top Bottom