Preventing spread of crimson/hallow?

Noodlesinthehood

Steampunker
So I recently started mining 3-block wide holes to stop the spread of the crimson and hallow before I enter hardmode. I’ve heard some people say to make 6-block gaps, but I also hear that 3-block wide holes work as well. I don’t want to spend too much time mining these holes, so what should I do?

Three block gaps are the minimum. Some people go for higher gaps for aesthetic or personal reasons and some line the gaps with wood or another non-convertible material.
Keep in mind that vines and thorns can further spread the C/C/H, so consider removing any grass near the gaps to stop vines and thorns from growing.

Three block gaps are the minimum. Some people go for higher gaps for aesthetic or personal reasons and some line the gaps with wood or another non-convertible material.
Keep in mind that vines and thorns can further spread the C/C/H, so consider removing any grass near the gaps to stop vines and thorns from growing.
Alrighty, thanks.

What I do is make a 4 block wide gap and fill the side with the evil/ hallow with a non-convertable block such as wood or stone slabs, this is so I can still travel through it. Also making a bunch of 4 block wide hellevators with non-convertable blocks on each side will help as well.

Just to clarify: Non-convertible blocks will prevent thorns and vines growing, but it doesn't block the spread of C/C/H itself. If you had a three block setup like:
Stone | Wood | Crimstone
The Crimson would eventually jump over the wood and infect the Stone. You would need (at a minimum):
Stone | Wood | Wood | Wood | Crimstone
To make a hellvator out of it:
Stone | Wood | Empty | Empty | Wood | Crimstone
(The materials here are just examples.)

Back
Top Bottom