The Last Post Wins!

Nostalgic enough for ya? How long until detonation, then? Hmm...let's say, um...Twenty turns. Better leave and be responsible for killing hundreds of people who were innocent and didn't do anything bad on purpose. Of course, if you want to try to save them, I'll let you try. I'm willing to give you a fair chance. If you don't, however, it will come back and bite you. Choices are everything, and that they have major consequences. That was the moral of the story for you. Unfortunately, you just became the person who detonated a bomb that would kill many people, instead of deactivating the machine.
:red:

Wait what? You didn't just activate the controls, did you? After they enslaved hundreds of people, you go and you try to take control of the machine for yourself, is that want you wanted? Control? *sigh* You were supposed to let it go, turn the controls off, and leave. If you want to throw my story off track, you're going to have to do much better than that. I can still work with this. I believe you'll find this pertinent:
You suddenly realized that you had just initiated the network's emergency detonation system. In the event that this machine is activated without proper DNA identification, nuclear detonators are set to explode, eliminating the entire complex.

A console that showed On and Off was before you. The machine is awaiting for you to make a choice. It was in a standby mode. Not truly on or off. This will be the final push. The controls here will become unresponsive after being pressed.

The lights rose on an enormous room packed with television screens. Now the monitors jumped to life, their true nature revealed. Each bore the numbers of an employee or test subject. The lives of so many individuals reduced to images on a screen.

Today we throw off the yoke of death. Either this is an affirmation of the eternal cyclical nature of life, or it’s just hilarious—depends on which of us you ask.

Choice. It's the best part of being a real person, but if used incorrectly can also be the most dangerous.

For example: In this scenario, a hypothetical real person named Steven has a choice.

He could spend years helping improve the quality of life for citizens of impoverished third-world nations, or he could systematically set fire to everything near him.

Which choice would you make?

Remember that unlike here, the real world makes sense and at no time should you make a choice that does not conform to rational logic.

If you find yourself speaking with a person who does not make sense, in all likelihood, that person is not real.

Allow the person to finish their thought then provide an excuse why you cannot continue talking. Turn to a partner and practice saying: "My goodness. Is it 4:30? I am supposed to be having a back sack and crack."

Excellent. Making choices on a regular basis is the best part to a healthy decision-making process.

Most medical professionals recommend making at least eight choices per day. Do you make more than eight? Less?

And finally, if you begin to wonder if your choices are actually meaningful and whether you'll ever make a significant contribution to the world,

Just remember, that in the vast infiniteness of space, your thoughts and problems are materially insignificant and the feeling should subside.

At this time, your instructor will guide you in an exercise to test and reinforce the material covered in this video.

No, that wasn't supposed to be a choice. How did you do that? You actually chose incorrectly? I didn't even know that was possible.

Let me double-check. [papers rustling]

No, it's definitely here, clear as day.

Music comes in, fade to white, roll credits.

Not picking up that item is actually somehow an incorrect course of action. how is that even possible? None of these decisions were supposed to mean anything.

I don't understand. How on earth are you making meaningful choices? What did you-

Wait a second. Did I just see- No, that's not possible, I can't believe it. How had I not noticed it sooner?

You're not him. You're a real person. *sigh* I can't believe I was so mistaken. This is why you've been able to make correct and incorrect choices.

And to think I've been letting you run around in this game for so long. If you've made any more wrong choices, you might have negated it entirely.

It's as though you completely ignored even the most basic safety protocol for real world decision-making, or did you not grasp the severity of the situation?

Well, I won't have that kind of risk on my watch. I'm going to stop the game for a moment so we educate you properly on safe decision-making in the real world. Please observe this helpful instructional video.

Back
Top Bottom