tModLoader Various Weathers

You're not the only one attracted to all this honey!
Capture.PNG

hows the progress so far with the bugfixing? planning on trying the mod
again on a server
No new versions have been released since then, at least not on the mod browser, but I did hear Yuyutsu say a page or two back that he'd worked out a number of bugs, so presumably things are going well and a new version will be released once he's not so busy.

No new versions have been released since then, at least not on the mod browser, but I did hear Yuyutsu say a page or two back that he'd worked out a number of bugs, so presumably things are going well and a new version will be released once he's not so busy.
hows the progress so far with the bugfixing? planning on trying the mod
again on a server
We're working hard on a large update that aims to add a lot more content (10 new weather effects thus far and counting!) and patch up as much multiplayer stuff as possible as soon as our head technical coder and I bail out of school. Stay tuned for more updates, and keep those reports coming :D

We're working hard on a large update that aims to add a lot more content (10 new weather effects thus far and counting!) and patch up as much multiplayer stuff as possible as soon as our head technical coder and I bail out of school. Stay tuned for more updates, and keep those reports coming :D
Will this new update also be the one that lets us adjust the frequency of different weather events? I vaguely recall you said something about that kind of feature once in the thread (but not necessarily that it'd be this update), but I may well be misremembering.

Will this new update also be the one that lets us adjust the frequency of different weather events? I vaguely recall you said something about that kind of feature once in the thread (but not necessarily that it'd be this update), but I may well be misremembering.
Yeah we will have some machine that will allow you to configure and change weather occurrences. Though details are yet to be settled on how this would function in-game.

The high seas are really getting stranger and more dangerous with this weather event!
View attachment 222627
Whatever those are, they remind me of the Blood Moon Fishing Mobᵀᴹ that was featured in the dev blog some time ago.
Will this be at all related to that? Speaking of which, do you have any plans on how you'll integrate the mod with 1.3.6's Wind?

Whatever those are, they remind me of the Blood Moon Fishing Mobᵀᴹ that was featured in the dev blog some time ago.
Will this be at all related to that? Speaking of which, do you have any plans on how you'll integrate the mod with 1.3.6's Wind?
Once 1.3.6 releases, I'll probably remove regular Winds in favor of the vanilla event. Heavy Winds will probably stay unless there's a vanilla counterpart we don't know about. As for the other question, you're definitely on the right track ;)

@Yuyutsu Not sure if you saw the official trailer for Terraria's next update that just came out (if so definitely watch it).

The moment the trailer got into some new content, I thought of your work on this mod and how much overlap there is between some new features. 1.4 will obviously have new weather patterns in addition to all the wind effects (mostly new types of rain and storms), along with rolling fog that glides along the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if this mod was an inspiration to some of these upcoming additions to vanilla, as clearly other mods were such as Yet Another Boss Health Bar.

Of course it was bittersweet to see all this without ever getting to play 1.3.6 (and thinking how 1.4 will break SO many mods), but it was all still nice to see. Hopefully you don't implement everything from that trailer before their official update has a chance to be released! ;)

@Yuyutsu Not sure if you saw the official trailer for Terraria's next update that just came out (if so definitely watch it).

The moment the trailer got into some new content, I thought of your work on this mod and how much overlap there is between some new features. 1.4 will obviously have new weather patterns in addition to all the wind effects (mostly new types of rain and storms), along with rolling fog that glides along the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if this mod was an inspiration to some of these upcoming additions to vanilla, as clearly other mods were such as Yet Another Boss Health Bar.

Of course it was bittersweet to see all this without ever getting to play 1.3.6 (and thinking how 1.4 will break SO many mods), but it was all still nice to see. Hopefully you don't implement everything from that trailer before their official update has a chance to be released! ;)
Luckily this mod will still have many things up on 1.4, so it won't be going anywhere once it releases!

But yeah, seeing so much stuff clearly inspired by mods is both heartwarming to see, but also kind of sad, since it may lead to some mods ending up without much of a userbase! I hope modders keep up projects like Yet Another Boss Health Bar, since it's still got stuff the 1.4 one doesn't seem to, just the same as this mod has over the weathers.

That's what I love most about modding communities. Not only do they add great new content, but they can take what's already there, and find ways to improve upon it.
And just think, given 1.4 is slated to be the (for real this time) last major update (unless they change their minds again like with 1.2 and 1.3 and 1.3.X and...) the modding community will be able to go extra wild, not needing to keep things up-to-date with each major update. It's really quite exciting!

I did get a chance to watch the trailer, and it has me both excited and a little down. Like everyone else, I’m excited for the new content Journey’s End brings, but with it comes a lot of overlap, especially with weather. We had to scrap our ideas of a fog event as soon as the trailer came out, for instance.

Undoubtedly, there will be a lot of cleanup and revision we’ll need to do once the update releases, but until then we’ll do our best to forge our own path- the thing I love about weather is that it is, by nature, vast and seemingly endless. Don’t expect this mod to stop chugging along anytime soon :D

That being said, I’m glad vanilla Terraria has finally implemented more weather types- I remember how, back in 1.1.2, people clamored for something as simple as rain. We all want something dynamic in our worlds and I’m happy we’re getting more of that!

I just want to drop some quick feedback in here. First, I absolutely love this mod and all the great atmosphere it brings. Thanks for making it! The custom music, however, IS a bit loud, forcing me to keep raising and lowering the game audio track in an editor for video, since they're a good deal louder than the vanilla tracks.

I just want to drop some quick feedback in here. First, I absolutely love this mod and all the great atmosphere it brings. Thanks for making it! The custom music, however, IS a bit loud, forcing me to keep raising and lowering the game audio track in an editor for video, since they're a good deal louder than the vanilla tracks.
Really? That's strange, they don't seem that much louder to me. I wonder if they aren't working with lower volume settings correctly or something.

It could be, I suppose. A lot of custom music tends to be louder to WAY louder than the vanilla tracks. It's not a dig against the mods or the musicians in any way at all. It's just something I notice, doing what I do. Still 100% love from me.

[ed] I'll play around with my audio settings and mod load order. Who knows.

It could be, I suppose. A lot of custom music tends to be louder to WAY louder than the vanilla tracks. It's not a dig against the mods or the musicians in any way at all. It's just something I notice, doing what I do. Still 100% love from me.

[ed] I'll play around with my audio settings and mod load order. Who knows.
I’ve been doing my best to reduce the volume of the tracks, definitely an issue on our end that we’ll fix up soon.

Maybe you don't have to scrap the previously planned fog weather type, as it could be possible that the fog seen in the 1.4
spoiler is only happening in the new graveyard minibiome, which is created by placing many gravestones next to each other.
I could be wrong, tough, but it would make sense if its biome specific, as the fog started after the scene became a graveyard,
if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom