tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

my apologies, I wasn't aware this is a widely known problem and don't like being called out for saying what I didn't know was said many times before.
No part of me has any beef with Dan or the rest of the team, this is a great mod and I think he's doing a great job on it.
That was just how I came out from being told that, again sorry.

Now as for the solution, that would be real tricky, but maybe it could work. Now would be the time to toy around with NPC properties like npc.Immortal so the town npc doesn't die from anything. (however I havn't used town npcs much so I have no idea if this will save when a player leaves the world)

What I don't get is this never happened with the Challenger, it's practically the same mechanic. So what could be causing it here?

If you need help sprinting some of the weapons, such as the memento Miri, I will help, but I need to know what kind of sprite you want to make a kind of template for you to tweak if you want. This is a very helpful mod for a lot of people, such as fury for his playthroughs, and Chippygaming for the convenience.
[doublepost=1559963203,1559963129][/doublepost]What I mean is I will take your reply from what you want, and make a template for the weapon to alter as you please
Thanks for the offer, but we have enough spriters already.

I know this isn't my thread but oi, both of you calm down.
IDG gave a possible reasoning based on what he could figure. Dan, your response definitely wasn't called for, he was trying to be helpful and wasn't aware of the other incidents. That said, IDG, your response to said response was equally uncalled for, resorting to making a strawman out of the Discord crowd and indirectly insulting Dan.
I can't believe I have to say this to two experienced developers as if they were children needing to be put in a corner.

Now...
If I may offer my own potential (if hacky) solution... Instead of removing the Erazor NPC when the boss spawns, could you instead make him invisible, uninteractable, and invulnerable, turning off his AI (like what the Enigma mod does while in the Etherial Dimension) and have him follow the position of the Boss Erazor, getting "turned back on" when the Boss is defeated or otherwise despawns? This would also stop him from moving into a different house each time he's defeated if multiple are available.
Not an elegant solution, no, but it could work for now? Sorry if this has been suggested before, I just figured I would give some input on the issue.
I already had a similar idea noted down, and I will try to get that one implemented

So... I was thinking about something. Because of the way the biome generation is supposed to happen in this game, a whole section of my world is bothering me, because it's unaffected by the Flame-Razed stuff, merely because it's the tundra biome. I was considering something like a freezeflame or frostburn biome for this. You don't have to, but it could be cool. No pun intended.

So... I was thinking about something. Because of the way the biome generation is supposed to happen in this game, a whole section of my world is bothering me, because it's unaffected by the Flame-Razed stuff, merely because it's the tundra biome. I was considering something like a freezeflame or frostburn biome for this. You don't have to, but it could be cool. No pun intended.
Actually, we have an alt for the FRF planned, the Frostmourne Tundra. We've had it planned for a long, long while now - ever since the FRF was first implemented, actually. It was very briefly added in too, though as a completely barren biome. It's since been removed (well, for the most part) and placed on the backburner for the time being. We've no clue when it'll be re-added, though.

Actually, we have an alt for the FRF planned, the Frostmourne Tundra. We've had it planned for a long, long while now - ever since the FRF was first implemented, actually. It was very briefly added in too, though as a completely barren biome. It's since been removed (well, for the most part) and placed on the backburner for the time being. We've no clue when it'll be re-added, though.
Favorite music that was ever in the mod IMO

Speaking of biomes
Personally, I miss the old way you had to spread the biomes, the cores that when activated that converted the surroundings inti the biome in realtime was great.

It's a shame it got replaced by generic RNG generation when Abaddon is defeated; this can lead to bad generation if your unlucky

Speaking of biomes
Personally, I miss the old way you had to spread the biomes, the cores that when activated that converted the surroundings inti the biome in realtime was great.

I agreed with you, it was way unique and more exciting then what we have now!

Speaking of biomes

It's a shame it got replaced by generic RNG generation when Abaddon is defeated; this can lead to bad generation if your unlucky
p sure Dan's always wanted it like this from the very start, but I see where you're coming from. Perhaps we'll try and change it again in the future.

Hello again! I got the mod to work on my system, and it was fun! I was finishing the last few bosses, and then I heard about the update. Seems pretty cool, can't wait to see more! I already miss the Challenger, (even though I haven't even updated) but the fight concept was great (prevents Calamity's Rage and Adrenaline from being abused).

So, many people, including me, are kind of sad that the name changed (but the new one is cool, nice name), so I came up with an idea. To somewhat preserve it, how about you make a 'sacred tools' set? Just an idea, but maybe you could have a pickaxe that grows stronger with the defeat of certain bosses, and it's tier could be called 'sacred tools'! I don't know, maybe you find it in a chest, or fish it, or rare loot, etc., but I just thought it'd be a nice way to preserve the original name.

Hello again! I got the mod to work on my system, and it was fun! I was finishing the last few bosses, and then I heard about the update. Seems pretty cool, can't wait to see more! I already miss the Challenger, (even though I haven't even updated) but the fight concept was great (prevents Calamity's Rage and Adrenaline from being abused).

So, many people, including me, are kind of sad that the name changed (but the new one is cool, nice name), so I came up with an idea. To somewhat preserve it, how about you make a 'sacred tools' set? Just an idea, but maybe you could have a pickaxe that grows stronger with the defeat of certain bosses, and it's tier could be called 'sacred tools'! I don't know, maybe you find it in a chest, or fish it, or rare loot, etc., but I just thought it'd be a nice way to preserve the original name.
Challenger was bad and I hate myself for ever letting that thing be known to the public, and that second thing.. well..
upload_2019-6-16_21-58-9.png

We already got somethin like that

Hmmm yes we forgot to mention the patches here
Anyways, we jumped all the way from 1.1.0.4 to 1.1.0.7 due to complications with the mod browser and also stupid little bugs which happened to slip through the cracks, such as Primordia dropping Araneas' trophy.
Though we managed to slip in a couple of new features too, so have fun with 'em. Anyways, next update'll be 1.1.1; and it'll be a fun one (heh that rhymes)
Changelogs: 1.1.0.4 --- 1.1.0.5, 1.1.0.6 and 1.1.0.7
Dropbox Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wwvfhdgvnnx8kr/SacredTools.tmod?dl=1

It's not possible to record the mod's songs with a regular music box, is it? I spent two in-game nights grinding the Flaming Pumpkin with a blank music box in a regular accessory slot, to no avail. Guess the scavenger NPC is the only way to get them; but it's strange they can't be recorded like every other. Another oddity is that the SOA music boxes can have prefixes. (I also have Thorium, Calamity, Elements Awoken, GRealms and Peculiarity, each with their own music boxes that behave like vanilla's.)

It's not possible to record the mod's songs with a regular music box, is it? I spent two in-game nights grinding the Flaming Pumpkin with a blank music box in a regular accessory slot, to no avail. Guess the scavenger NPC is the only way to get them; but it's strange they can't be recorded like every other. Another oddity is that the SOA music boxes can have prefixes. (I also have Thorium, Calamity, Elements Awoken, GRealms and Peculiarity, each with their own music boxes that behave like vanilla's.)
No, ours should work like vanilla music boxes too; I think it's just that you're getting really unlucky. Though, we'll look into it.

Back
Top Bottom