Items Make the Vortex Beater a little quieter

Don't forget the chain gun as well, they are fun to use but the noise they makes drowns out everything, and I know you can turn down the sound effects but they're still much louder than all other weapons.

At the very least, the Vortex Beater's firing sound really shouldn't be the same as the Shotgun's, considering how awful it generally sounds at the VB's fire rate.

Last edited:
The sound of the Chain Gun, Vortex Beater and S.D.M.G. are all waaaay too loud and/or obnoxious. Quieting or changing those sounds would be a pretty nice QoL, so I support this suggestion.

That's it, it's just kinda annoying
The Vortex Beater and other related weapons are VERY powerful and high-caliber weapons. It only makes sense for it to be loud (example: A .22 caliber gun in real life, although loud, is much quieter than a .45 caliber gun). If you have any issues, turn down your volume. I would personally hate it if the sounds got nerfed.

The Vortex Beater and other related weapons are VERY powerful and high-caliber weapons. It only makes sense for it to be loud (example: A .22 caliber gun in real life, although loud, is much quieter than a .45 caliber gun). If you have any issues, turn down your volume. I would personally hate it if the sounds got nerfed.
If games would make powerful weapons sound especially loud, every gamer would be walking around with tinnitus. Imagine some game where you fire a .50 BMG, tearing apart your speakers and cracking your windows. It's nonsense for powerful weapons needing a loud sound. They can sound powerful without having a higher volume than all the other sounds. Plenty of shooters out there that prove this.

All sounds in a game should be similar in volume. Needing to turn down your volume to avoid going insane thanks to one particular sound, making all other sounds way too quiet at the same time, it's not good game design.

If games would make powerful weapons sound especially loud, every gamer would be walking around with tinnitus. Imagine some game where you fire a .50 BMG, tearing apart your speakers and cracking your windows. It's nonsense for powerful weapons needing a loud sound. They can sound powerful without having a higher volume than all the other sounds. Plenty of shooters out there that prove this.

All sounds in a game should be similar in volume. Needing to turn down your volume to avoid going insane thanks to one particular sound, making all other sounds way too quiet at the same time, it's not good game design.
There's also ways to reduce the volume of guns IRL without affecting their performance much, and, more importantly, that this case involves a fictional gun made from magical materials.

Along with the reasons @Gotcha! and @TMB50 pointed out, it doesn't make sense to be so oddly realistic at the player's expense. It would make sense in a game where the whole premise of the game was to be realistic, but Terraria bends real life situations alot of times to fit a players needs/wants.

Back
Top Bottom