NPCs & Enemies Add Class NPC's

Is this a good idea? Why or Why not (optional)

• Yes, this is good

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, this is bad

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

LimeDragon

Terrarian
One thing the developers should add are new class NPC's for the 1.4 update. Basically they would be NPC's that sell class specific armor and weapons (maybe accessories) that you can only get there.
For melee users there would be an NPC called the Blood Knight, which you unlock after beating the Blood Moon in hard mode. For the summoner class I was thinking having a Necromancer NPC, that you unlock after you defeat the Goblin Army in hard mode. For Magic class I was thinking either Warlock or Magician, and you unlock it after defeating the Soar Eclipse. For Rangers I was thinking the Hunter, which you unlock after defeating the 7th wave in the Old One's Army (not including Betsy)

Hey its a very good idea indeed.Give it a suggestion to someones mod that can make this happen.:)

There is a Suggestions section, you know.

Anyways there kind of are class-related NPCs for most classes although they mostly sell things outside of that class too. Wizard for magic, Witch Doctor for summoning, Arms Dealer and maybe Cyborg for ranged. Think about what these new NPCs could contribute at the different points in the game. Also that Hunter unlock requires going much more out of your way than any of the others.

I mean yes, so far you don't need any new gear for this version. But what abut the 1.4 update, and who even said it had to be end game gear. With the new update, there will probably be one or more bosses you have to fight after the Moon Lord.

I mean yes, so far you don't need any new gear for this version. But what abut the 1.4 update, and who even said it had to be end game gear. With the new update, there will probably be one or more bosses you have to fight after the Moon Lord.
That isn't going to happen. And you said it would be endgame when you dictated the conditions for these NPCs to arrive.

But all the conditions to get the NPC's are pre plantera, and that's not very end game like.
Cyborg requires defeating Plantera. Also worth noting that Witch Doctor acquires new gear after defeating Plantera too.

I'm interested in the idea of class-based NPCs, but I think there needs to be a distinction between the new NPCs and the existing NPCs, and a rough idea of what they will sell.

I mean yeah, I get you. In the end I was up one night and was like "Oh man this seems cool," so yes, it is still pretty rough around the edges.

Yeah I mean, if something like this were to happen, I'd prefer it for mid pre-hardmode just because if you're not playing Melee or mixed, the early parts of the game are torture.

Back
Top Bottom