Console Lock-On

Do you want Lock-On added to the Switch Version?

• Total voters

HyperBoss

Terrarian
Quick question. Are there plans to add a Lock-On feature in an update for the Switch version?
I'm used to playing the 3DS version, so I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that regard. Since a lot of the bosses have such intense attack patterns, I find Lock-On helps out alot. For people like me, it's very hard to focus on aiming my attacks while avoiding damage. Since you can change the controls, you could make it so you can't use Lock-On at all if you're that adamant about it.
Anyone else wanna see Lock-On in the Switch version?
Edit:
After some time to think, I believe I've come up with a good explanation to prove my point.
When I played the 3DS version of Terraria, I found the Lock-On feature to be invaluable in my quest to beat the various bosses. While it is true it made most of the Pre-Hardmode bosses rather easy, I dare say I wouldn't have been able to defeat some of the Hardmode bosses without it! Bosses like the Mechanical Bosses and Duke Fishron for example, are so fast and have very hectic attack patterns. I think the Lock-On should be added to the Switch version, so that less skilled players can be able to focus on avoiding damage, while not having to worry as much about actually harming the boss. Especially since half of the bosses can only be fought at night and therefore have a time limit!
For anyone who disagrees with this, PLEASE don't give a reason like "git gud", I hate it when people use THAT as an argument. Some of us just aren't able to reach the level of skill other players have, and need this kind of handicap. If you really don't like it that much, just change the controls so it isn't mapped to anything. If it messes up PVP, then go with dalekman9999's idea and make it so you can't target players.
I just hope that in a future update, we can get access to this feature.

Last edited:
Lock on was incredibly broken in how powerful it was on 3ds, so likely no
Well, you can change the controls in the Switch version. So IF they add it, you could just disable the use of it if you're that against it. I realize it's a bit broken, But I still think it should be added for less skilled players... Like me.

Well, you can change the controls in the Switch version. So IF they add it, you could just disable the use of it if you're that against it. I realize it's a bit broken, But I still think it should be added for less skilled players... Like me.
That means that the entire pvp meta would be meaningless because you could just lock on to someone and teleport away then just spam rainbow rod...

I’d like it, hardly use throwing weapons/bow at the moment... was a real hawk eye in the pc version too

This feature exists in the PC version in the exact same way that it worked on 3DS, when you're using a controller. There's no reason at all why it would be "too powerful", as it's only an additional option to make aiming easier, it doesn't truly make anything more powerful, it just allows some items to more properly be used to their full potential. I expect it will be added eventually, I don't know why a controller option in the PC version would forever be missing on Switch. That said, the deadzone adjustment settings would be extremely welcome here too.

This feature exists in the PC version in the exact same way that it worked on 3DS, when you're using a controller. There's no reason at all why it would be "too powerful", as it's only an additional option to make aiming easier, it doesn't truly make anything more powerful, it just allows some items to more properly be used to their full potential. I expect it will be added eventually, I don't know why a controller option in the PC version would forever be missing on Switch. That said, the deadzone adjustment settings would be extremely welcome here too.
Really?! Well, thank you for that information. I hope this thread helps with that.

It's actually extremely strange that Switch doesn't have it, not only does PC have lock-on as GoldenTerrabyte has said, but PS4 has it and can be enabled in the controls, and I have heard Xbox does too, and Mobile will get it added in the 1.3 update, so it is very likely it may get added at some point.

I recently played some Terraria on the Switch after an update. I soon learned that my prayers have been answered! Lock-On has finally been added to the Switch version! Thank you to the (at the time of me typing this), 4 other people who voted "Yes" with me! Even if it's just a few of us, we CAN make a difference! :D

Back
Top Bottom