PC How to get to hell in half the time.

Terro

Terrarian
So, me and Defure were doing a modded 2-player, and when i made the hellevator, i found out the slimey saddle makes you go ridiculously fast when falling. For a medium world, you need at least 7 blocks of water at the bottom to not die an explosively gory death. I'm not sure if Overhaul caused this, but you can get to hell much faster if you use a smlimey saddle. I used a ton of bombs to make mine, but the thing about that is you need a block hanging above it, and use a grappling hook to make sure you are aligned with the middle, unless you have a dream to become a gory splash hundreds of feet underground. I just thought this would be a good tip to share, especially for a speedrun.

Using the slime falling technique? well not quite cuz… Well, last time I did I hit the ground quite hard :D
I must check the wiki to see if you get fall damage with wings because I think it overrides their fall damage protection… But if not it's definitely useful!

well, that's the point of having water at the bottom, @azekill_DIABLO. again, i'm pretty sure no one has a dream to be a gory splash, lel. and the water does prevent you from dying. for a small world, i recommend not doing an experiment, and just using seven blocks of water. i dunno about a large world, but i think 12 blocks would be a good minimum.

I should try this when I have time… And not become another gory splash :D
I use slime mount as my main mount but I didn't build an elevator deep enough I think… Must extend that.

Any of the fall damage accessories work to prevent fall damage while on the slime mount. I use it immediately when i get it if i have a horseshoe or wings, and never change mounts. It's increased fall speed mechanic is strong on boss fights too when you get used to using it, particularly for twins and duke fishy.

Edit: That is it at least in vanilla Terraria. not sure if overhaul changes the accessories working or not

Back
Top Bottom