tModLoader Nightmare's TMod

What do you think I should work on next?

• A weapon

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • An armor set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An NPC

• A boss please please please please pleeeaaase

• An accessory

• Something else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nightmare3711

The Destroyer
TheNightmare.png
NIGHTMARE'S TMOD Fantasy.png
TheNightmareFlipped.png

Hello everyone! I am a brand new modder looking to make some cool things for Terraria through my brand new mod "Nightmare's Terraria Mod" aka "Nightmare's TMod"!

The mod doesn't add much yet. As my first Terraria mod ever, it requires a lot of balancing, so I thought to reach out to the public to get some feedback so far. Maybe some people could join me on the journey of making this mod?

Not to be confused with mods like "Nightmares Unleashed", "Nightmare Mod", or "NightmareMod", which are completely unrelated mods!

Here's the contents of the mod so far:
Weapons:

Nightmare
TheNightmare.png

- This weapon is currently the mod's strongest weapon. It is made from a few vanilla blades as well as the mod ore 'Nightmarium' (Name may or may not be changed). Currently, it does 3711 damage, and shoots a projectile that does 700 damage. It is the strongest weapon in the mod.

Corona
Corona.png

- The Corona is a fiery weapon that has similar functionality as the Paladin's Hammer. It deals a fair amount of damage and sets your enemies on fire

Bloodbath
Bloodbath.png

- The Bloodbath is currently a broken weapon that is planned to be a spinning weapon.

Laberd
Laberd.png

- The Laberd is a weapon that deals a fair amount of damage

Shatter
Shatter.png

- The Shatter is a weapon that is likely going to be removed.

Shrike
Shrike.png

- The Shrike is a powerful sword that does stuff

Fire Hatchet
FireHatchet.png

- The Fire Hatchet is a very, very early-game tool that does a small amount of damage and chops down trees. (I may one day make it put out fires in Overhaul)

Baseball Bat
Bat.png

- This is an early-game weapon that does little damage

Baseball
Baseball.png

- This is a weapon that can be thrown and hits things, dealing damage. It's going to be changed to be consumable.

Dreadstorm
Dreadstorm.png

- Currently broken. It is meant to summon a storm that rains darkness on foes

Star Mania
StarMania.png

- This is a weapon that is made from both the Star Wrath and Starfury. It is meant to summon very powerful star projectiles, but currently doesn't do so properly

Repummel
Repummel.png

- Removed (for now, at least)

Royalty
Royalty.png

- This weapon is a very fast and strong weapon that is planned to be an ocean weapon, likely made from Redtide

Soul Rapier
Soulrapier.png

- A very, very fast weapon that deals a fair amount of damage

Pyromania
Pyromania.png

- A weapon that will (eventually) set enemies on fire when you hit them.

Farozite Blade
FaroziteBlade.png

- Doesn't do much yet

Spectral Arrows
SpectralArrow.png

- Doesn't do much yet either

Spectrum
Spectrum.png

- The Spectrum is a weapon that shoots a weird projectile that deals damage. (W.I.P.)

Pyrotome
Pyrotome.png

- The Pyrotome is a weapon that (for now) shoots out fire arrows

Deadly Clicker
DeadlyCursor.png

- The Deadly Clicker is a weapon that when held, you can click and deal damage with your cursor

Celestium Blade
CelestiumBlade.png

- This blade shoots out a waving blade that tries to aim for a target, including dummies

Fist of Fury
FistofFury.png

- Shoots out three weak, magical fists that pierce up to four enemies (for now)

Magic Arrow
MagicArrow.png

- Shoots out a magical arrow that follows the cursor (currently broken)

Here are the ores, armors, and other things:
Redtide Ore

RedtideOre.png

Redtide Bar

RedtideBar.png

Redtide Pickaxe

RedtidePickaxe.png

Redtide Axe

RedtideAxe.png

Redtide Hammer

RedtideHammer.png

Nightmarium Ore

NightmariumOre.png

Nightmarium Bar

NightmariumBar.png

Brick Form

NightmariumBrick.png

Nightmarium Armor

Nightmarium Armor_GIFFullArmor.gif Nightmarium Armor_GIFFullArmorFemale.gif

Nightmarium Pickaxe

NightmariumPickaxe.png

Nightmarium Hamaxe

NightmariumHamaxe.png

Nightmarium Wings

NightmaresWings.png

Nightmarium Arrows

NightmariumArrow.png

Nightwind

Nightwind.png

Pyronium Ore

FlariumOre.png

Pyronium Bar

PyroniumBar.png

Brick Form

FlariumBrick.png

Pyronium Armor

FlariumArmor_GIFFullArmor.gif FlariumArmor_GIFFullArmorFemale.gif

Pyronium Pickaxe Axe

PyroniumPickaxeAxe.png

Pyronium Hammer

PyroniumHammer.png

Flameburst

Flameburst.png

Farozite Ore

FaroziteOre.png

Farozite Bar

FaroziteBar.png

Brick Form

FaroziteBrick.png

Smooth Brick Form

SmoothFarozite.png

Farozite Armor

FaroziteArmor_GIFFullArmor.gif FaroziteArmor_GIFFullArmorFemale.gif

Farozite Pickaxe

FarozitePickaxe.png

Farozite Hamaxe

FaroziteHamaxe.png

Farozite Wings

FaroziteWings.png

Faroling

Faroling.png

Celestium Ore

CelestiumOre.png

Celestium Bar

CelestiumBar.png

Celestium Pickaxe

CelestiumPickaxe.png

Celestium Hamaxe

CelestiumHamaxe.png

Celestium Wings

CelestiumWings.png

(Celestium Armor coming soon!)

(NOTE: None of the ores naturally generate in the world yet)

I plan on adding a LOT more than what's already here. All recipes for every item are just temporary recipes and will be changed as I make this mod bigger and better.

I'm open to thoughts, opinions, and ideas for the mod (NOTE: If there is any similarity to any other mod or aything else, it is pure coincidence. Everything put into the mod are original ideas.)

Here is a support thing for the mod, if you want to use it

NIGHTMARE'S TMOD Fantasy.png

Here are some links to some important things, if you'd like to visit them:​

Last edited:
This mod actually seems pretty interesting and it looks like it has potential. Also sacredtools has a whole ore and such named flarium, just to let you know.

Also sacredtools has a whole ore and such named flarium, just to let you know.
Darn. I'm going to have to rename a lot of things. But thanks for telling me.

EDIT: I renamed it to Pyrozium, which I don't think is taken (And hope isn't taken)

EDIT: Changed to Pyronium, because it sounds just a little bit better

I also added bars for the three ores!

Last edited:
I'm working on a new armor set, ore, bar, and other things. It's going fine so far, I'm just struggling a bit with the spriting.

I've added some tools for Nightmarium, Farozite, and Pyronium

If I don't post an update after a couple of days, something's wrong

Last edited:
This mod looks like it has potential. But I'm not a big fan of current recipes: just transforming moonlord drops at ancient manipulator is a bit strange idea. You should try to make recipes more interesting. Also some stuff (for example Corona) is OP.

This mod looks like it has potential. But I'm not a big fan of current recipes: just transforming moonlord drops at ancient manipulator is a bit strange idea. You should try to make recipes more interesting. Also some stuff (for example Corona) is OP.
It's a very early concept that will be changing a lot. I was hoping to gain enough attention so that I know what to change and balance early on

Also, yes, most things are very overpowered. I won't be changing the Nightmare too much other than the recipe (which will not be an easy recipe at all), but everything else could change drastically.

The Corona, as you stated, is meant to return almost instantly, but I have yet to figure that out.

Hello everyone!

I'm working on some ranged stuff for the mod, like bows, arrows, and guns. They won't all be out today, but there will be some out soon!

I'm also working on coming up with a boss fight, which I'm quite excited about. It's going to be cool when I get around to making it.

July 21st, 2019: I changed some things today more so than I did introduce new content. I like some of the changes.

July 22nd, 2019: I added three bows today. I'm trying to polish a few things, especially recipes. I'm doing a lot of polishing so that I can work on some harder things.

July 23rd, 2019: Polishing more things today, and I'm going to try and add Celestium armor and Redtide armor, as well as some new things.

July 27th, 2019: The Corona is changing drastically and I love it so far. Today was entirely focused on fixing up that weapon.

Last edited:
Today I'm going to try and get a :red:load done, probably all based around the Nightmare

The changes to the Nightmare today are so cool. You'll see when I release it later today.

I'm working on spriting a boss today. Currently it's taking a lot of elements from the Moonlord, but with quite a few changes. I might incorporate some other things from other bosses in vanilla.

July 30th: I'm still working on spriting that boss! I'm not going to be updating any posts from now on. I'm instead going to be posting updates over on the mod's Discord server. I will still reply to posts here.

Last edited:
After I tested Deadly cursor (which, by far, is the most fun to use weapon, I've ever used) I started waiting for mod's release even more!
Also, here are some bugs, I've found:
1. Recipe for loyalty is kind of strange. (It uses iron sword and cheat sheet's recipe browser shows it kind of buggy). Also it is too good for a tier, which is minable with gold pickaxe.
2. Sometimes Magic Arrow doesn't shoot (probably because there is limit to have only one of it's projectile in world) you should do something about that because even then it doesn't shoot projectile, it consumes mana. If my theory about limit is true you should do something with that because right now projectile have infinite reach and if you accidentally shot it, you shoild wait before it disappears, and because of infinite projectile reach, it could be very long and can confuse people. Also recipe from 20 nightmarium bars should be probably changed. )))
3. Bow from Farozium and Pyronium are crafted from daybreak, not from bars.
4. Celestium armor is crafted from iron bars. Same with all bricks.
5. Farozite is minable with mythril pickaxe.
It should be mined at least with Lunar pickaxes because of how powerful are it's drops. Same about Celestium, Nightmarium which right now can be mined with Drax. (And I know, that tems from them use ancient manipulator to be crafted. It should still be fixed because it is illogical right now).
6. Nightmariim armor is crafted at mythril anvil and redtide tools are crafted at ancient manipulator.
7. Wooden bat doesn't shoot baseballs, when I have them.
8. Pyrotome and Spectrum are underpowered (and their recipes are strange too).
9. Star mania is too powerful (better than FaroziteBlade (which name should probable have space between words) and Pyromania, which are harder to get).
10. I suggest nerf Shatter and Soul rapier's stats but make them pre-moonlord. And buff shrike's damage.

Right now it is every bug or illogical element of your mod, which I've found. Good luck fixing that!!!

After I tested Deadly cursor (which, by far, is the most fun to use weapon, I've ever used) I started waiting for mod's release even more!
Also, here are some bugs, I've found:
1. Recipe for loyalty is kind of strange. (It uses iron sword and cheat sheet's recipe browser shows it kind of buggy). Also it is too good for a tier, which is minable with gold pickaxe.
2. Sometimes Magic Arrow doesn't shoot (probably because there is limit to have only one of it's projectile in world) you should do something about that because even then it doesn't shoot projectile, it consumes mana. If my theory about limit is true you should do something with that because right now projectile have infinite reach and if you accidentally shot it, you shoild wait before it disappears, and because of infinite projectile reach, it could be very long and can confuse people. Also recipe from 20 nightmarium bars should be probably changed. )))
3. Bow from Farozium and Pyronium are crafted from daybreak, not from bars.
4. Celestium armor is crafted from iron bars. Same with all bricks.
5. Farozite is minable with mythril pickaxe.
It should be mined at least with Lunar pickaxes because of how powerful are it's drops. Same about Celestium, Nightmarium which right now can be mined with Drax. (And I know, that tems from them use ancient manipulator to be crafted. It should still be fixed because it is illogical right now).
6. Nightmariim armor is crafted at mythril anvil and redtide tools are crafted at ancient manipulator.
7. Wooden bat doesn't shoot baseballs, when I have them.
8. Pyrotome and Spectrum are underpowered (and their recipes are strange too).
9. Star mania is too powerful (better than FaroziteBlade (which name should probable have space between words) and Pyromania, which are harder to get).
10. I suggest nerf Shatter and Soul rapier's stats but make them pre-moonlord. And buff shrike's damage.

Right now it is every bug or illogical element of your mod, which I've found. Good luck fixing that!!!

1. I'm not sure if that's a bug with my mod or CS, but I'll look at the recipe and see if there's anything out of the ordinary EDIT: I took a look at the recipe and I see what you mean. I decided to see if I could craft it, so I grabbed an iron broadsword and some Redtide (which is supposed to be what crafts it, according to the code) but it turns out it can be made for free. I have no clue why this is, but I'm going to see if I can fix this somehow.
2. Magic Arrow is meant to summon a projectile that acts like the Magic Missile when the left mouse button is held, but returns to the player when the player lets go and floats besides them. I have yet to figure this out.
7. The Wooden Bat isn't meant to (at least not yet)
8. The Pyrotome and the Spectrum both function in ways they are not planned to.
10. I'm not sure where I'm going with the Soul Rapier, the Shrike, and the Strike. I don't like them very much, but maybe with a little retouching, they could come to be some of my favorite weapons. I want every aspect of this mod to be something I like, but currently, those weapons aren't that. Most things in the mod are not up to my standards.

Other than that, everything seems like balancing issues or problems that are straightforward and easy to fix. I'm going to go through the recipes of every item and change/balance them as necessary.

Also, thanks for taking a look at the mod! I put a lot of my time and effort into the project, so every bit of feedback and attention is really great!

Last edited:
Your mod doesn't want to load, when I reload it. If you need error message, I can provide it (but it will take some time, because I switched to non-modded terraria for now and I'll have to install tModloader again).

Your mod doesn't want to load, when I reload it. If you need error message, I can provide it (but it will take some time, because I switched to non-modded terraria for now and I'll have to install tModloader again).
What do you mean by that? I'm not familiar with what you're referring to

Hello everyone!

After noticing that several of the mod's pages in the wiki were deleted for being "low quality", I realized that now that I have school, I have less time to manage the mod and the mod's wiki. I need someone to manage the wiki for me as I roll out updates and whatnot. I don't want it to be deleted for being low quality.

Please, DM me if you or someone you know can help me manage the mod's wiki.

What do you mean by that? I'm not familiar with what you're referring to
Sorry for the late reply. It's because your mod fixed.

My request is to add walls from your bricks. (And to fix recipe for Fist of Fury) (Also, it's projectile acts a bit strange).
Also, Flameburst and Faroling doesn't transform arrows like it says in the description.

Sorry for the late reply. It's because your mod fixed.

My request is to add walls from your bricks. (And to fix recipe for Fist of Fury) (Also, it's projectile acts a bit strange).
Also, Flameburst and Faroling doesn't transform arrows like it says in the description.
I can definitely add walls that correspond to each brick type. I'll work on that right now.

Most recipes are wonky and strange because the mod doesn't have enough to build off of. I'm slowly building up the mod with more and more content, but it's going to be a while before it becomes a coherent mod. Please be patient when it comes to the recipes.

Also, what do you mean the projectile of the Fist of Fury is acting strange?

Also also, those two bows will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh, and there was an update just now, if you're interested.

Hello everyone.

After having gone dark for a while, I think I'm ready to gradually come back to the project. I was taking a break from the project, because I was losing the motivation to continue working on it, but I'm back now to at least fix some things. I won't work on it as hard as I had been previously, but I will be working on it.

Hello everyone! I'm excited to announce something that I've been working on for a while to you all. With this, I believe that the course of all of my project should become clearer.

Welcome, everyone, to the Celtic Entertainment Guilded team!

There's a lot that comes with Guilded ,but if you've ever used Discord, you have a good idea of how it works. If not, don't feel overwhelmed, you'll get a grasp of how it works very quickly!

Hello everyone! I'm here to tell you all that I've recently passed on the torch of the mod to GoodPro (Join the GoodPro712's Mods Discord Server! ) to maintain and update the mod on my behalf. While it makes me somewhat uncomfortable to do so, I am letting him have control over much of the project. I will still oversee what is done and prevent things from getting out of hand or straying too far away from what I have strived to create, but otherwise the mod is in his hands. The mod was directionless anyway, so hopefully with someone else on the project, it will finally go somewhere.

If you're worried about the server closing down, please don't. The server is going to stay up so long as there's still any amount of interest in the mod, from me or from anyone else.

I will still sprite though.

Back
Top Bottom