tModLoader Arrival of the Blind Forest

We've updated to v2.2.5. As requested, there is now a config file, so color, light, and smooth camera can be set. Sein's autofire is a bit slower now, so hopefully manual fire won't feel completely useless. We've also fixed a few more bugs.

Can you make Spirit Orb an accessory?

In time, summoning Sein won't even be done through an item, but through another process that will hopefully help make this mod feel a bit more like Blind Forest.

Edit: v2.2.5.1 resolves the issue of Bash no longer working.

Last edited:
Extraordinary mod, can't get over just how talented people are with these things, very well done. I'de love to have sein as a "pet/follower" sprite.
You've done amazing things :).

Amazing so far!

How do i get spirit bottles tho?

Also two very minor things that could be fixed:
When entering ori mode and leaving the world while still in it, Your character will not appear in the character selection menu (I mean that by you character will not have a photo shown) except for the accessories that are not fully part of your body (Like the Hermes boots and cloud in a bottle are part of the players actual body sprites so those are not shown.)
On the mini map your characters head is shown as the ori head (Which i like) but then when u go into full screen map only the nomral player head is shown and not the ori head.

Amazing so far!
Thank you!
How do i get spirit bottles tho?
At the Spirit Sprout, craftable with an empty bottle, Moonglow, Shiverthorn, and Fireblossom. I can only hope you appreciate this combo.
Also two very minor things that could be fixed:
And many more...
When entering ori mode and leaving the world while still in it, Your character will not appear in the character selection menu (I mean that by you character will not have a photo shown) except for the accessories that are not fully part of your body (Like the Hermes boots and cloud in a bottle are part of the players actual body sprites so those are not shown.)

On the mini map your characters head is shown as the ori head (Which i like) but then when u go into full screen map only the nomral player head is shown and not the ori head.
I currently do not know how to fix either of these.

Attachments

• 2278.gif
    2278.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 487
Late post, but late is better than never...

We've updated to 2.3! Well, 2.3.0.1 since 2.3 had a major bug I had to fix minutes later.

This update adds Burrow, an ability that resembles burrowing in Will of the Wisps. Note that it's a bit buggy to use, as it's not so friendly with worldgen terrain as opposed to, say, an adventure map.

We've also (finally) added Wall Charge Jump. No longer do you have to sit and wonder what that charging while climbing is supposed to do.

Added a few config options, most of them for the new features. See the changelog in the first post for more info.

Added cooldowns to many abilities for balancing purposes. If you do not want these cooldowns, set "BlindForestMovement" to true in the config.

Improved how trail looks. It now better resembles your sprite color and shows up clearly.

Fixed various bugs.

I can't seem to figure out the Burrow Tier config option, I want it to only move through soft-like blocks, such as Dirt, Sand, Silt, Snow, ect. And be unable to go through stone. Any help?

I can't seem to figure out the Burrow Tier config option, I want it to only move through soft-like blocks, such as Dirt, Sand, Silt, Snow, ect. And be unable to go through stone. Any help?
I'll be tweaking that to have both soft tiles and pickaxe power. Currently it's only based on pickaxe power, since that made more sense... It's a bit of a mess to get working to work in all cases. I'm thinking that 0 will be sand and other gravity tiles, 1 will be snow, dirt, and mud, and 2 and above will be things that can be broke with a copper pickaxe. Default will be 1, with 0 being used for things like adventure maps, and if I can get it working, it goes up based on the pickaxe/drill in inventory.

Burrow is very much a work in progress and bound to change a lot, particularly which tiles it can break through.

So, right now I can't exactly do that? Because at 0 I can currently dig through literally everything except for Corruption Stone and a couple higher tier ores. I was able to burrow straight down to Hell.

What a nice time to tune in! Must say, playing the mod during my last playthrough a while ago would've been a mixed bag for me. Now, with config available, it's all positives.
It looks nice, and gives some sweet, sweet and needed mobility boost for early game.

Haven't played Ori though, so my view point is of purely terraria player.
My few cents:
About burrow, I like it. I find most of those "Dig for four hours" parts of game rather tedious, and I think burrowing through a screen of stone instead of mining it to be a wast improvement.
I'd suggest attaching burrow strength to the first pickaxe in player inventory though, instead of external file. Half the map of every player will be hallow/corrupt/crimson bounce land at some point, and that will seriously undermine burrow usefulness.
(I don't understand that code from github you linked.)

About smooth camera, I think I like how it smoothes extra mobility during general gameplay, but it hits the player really hard during boss fights - player dodging skills usually depend on camera being pinned to the character. Killed me a few times. It can be disabled, but I'd prefer a switch somewhere in game, one player can use on the fly.

About the stomp, is damage some fixed value, which is also bigger further from player? Smashing into someone's head deals almost half the damage faraway guy takes, that feels odd. Aslo, and option to make it pass freely through platforms would be nice.
Similar question about the bash. It feels underwhelming. Range is quite short, and cooldown... Will its power grow at some point?

About the visuals, sometimes it puts a smile to my face. I wonder what's the bucket for though.

212.gif

Haven't played Ori though
Get Ori. Definitely get Ori. No regrets to be had, and you'll join the rest of us in the wait for February.
I'd suggest attaching burrow strength to the first pickaxe in player inventory though, instead of external file.
Currently trying to figure out a way to do that.
About smooth camera [...] it hits the player really hard during boss fights
I'll see about having the smoothing be not as strong during boss fights. Thanks for the feedback!
About the stomp, is damage some fixed value, which is also bigger further from player? Smashing into someone's head deals almost half the damage faraway guy takes, that feels odd. Also, and option to make it pass freely through platforms would be nice.
Damage is fixed in two ways. Damage while stomping is a certain amount, and damage upon impact is a higher amount. It also increases based on if certain bosses are defeated once. I can tweak this to behave more like Blind Forest, which may also feel more natural. I'll see about passing through platforms, if that's possible.
Similar question about the bash. It feels underwhelming. Range is quite short, and cooldown... Will its power grow at some point?
I admittedly don't play Terraria to do anything except test changes in the mod, so I've never done a playthrough of Terraria with this mod. Because of this, I have no clue what feels balanced and what doesn't. Bash will be buffed a bit for the next update.

Eventually all abilities will be able to grow in power, but the system to allow that will take a while, perhaps a month, to implement. Before we get to that, we're working on various other things in the mod, such as Soul Link (save and respawn anywhere, nerfed for Terraria), some other features, and some polishing.

We've updated to v2.3.1!
Well, v2.3.1.1, since I removed a thing that will probably break on anything that isn't Windows. The mod still uses tModLoader version 0.10.1.5, so if you haven't updated to tML v0.11.2.2 yet, that's fine. When the tML update is pushed to all users, the mod will be updated again, ideally in the next few hours, to take advantage of some of its features. For now that version is a beta build on the Github page.

We still have more features in the works, but I wanted to get this update out. In my eyes it's more enjoyable to make fun things first, restrictive things (ex. burrow breathing limit) later.

Just a bug I've encountered but Ori will now proceed to try and fling pets and other such entities (Like flying piggy banks) launching them far away whenever you right click near them. Also Queen Slime's music might be a bit too loud. Maybe turn that down some?

Hi i just update to the version 2.3.1.1 and when i entered to my world ori looked like this
upload_2019-7-18_14-51-36.png

it has black part, how did that happen? did u change something about the sprite?

The secondary color was intended to default to fully transparent, but clearly it decided to be fully black. Sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom