NPCs & Enemies Master mode Nurse

Jcapp

Terrarian
I think removing the nurse's ability to heal the player to full instantly during boss fights would be great.
Creating a nurse station you can visit mid boss fight multiple times, or even just once can already remove a lot of the difficulty of boss fights making it so that you basically cant lose to most bosses. Increasing the difficulty of those bosses wont matter so long as you have the dps to beat them in their allotted time.

You could fix this in multiple ways i think, Either just disable the nurse entirely during boss fights. Or if the coding is too difficult for that just disable her healing entirely in master mode.

You could make her health return not instant, so she still serves some function through the game but cant be abused, gives a 30 second buff that increases players health regen or some such. And even that should probably have a cooldown on how often it can be used. like once a Terraria day.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing her healing removed entirely from master mode.. she would then feel sort of function less though, and i understand that not being a great solution.

I think her healing should be nerfed to some sort of short regen which heals a certain % maybe. Another suggestion is that the Nurse is affected by potion sickness.

Also she could still remove debuffs.

I like the idea of her being "Disappointed" in the player if they come back to heal too soon after they already did. She did all that work to heal you and 10 seconds later you're all beat up again so what's the point?

I think her healing should be nerfed to some sort of short regen which heals a certain % maybe. Another suggestion is that the Nurse is affected by potion sickness.

Also she could still remove debuffs.
Making it a regen would be the simplest way, and could actually be applied to every mode, and not just Master. For instance, it could be 5% of the Player's maximum health over 30 seconds (The extra 10 seconds would let the Player take some damage while regenerating).

I believe a nerf to the nurse was confirmed for 1.4. I'll go check my sources...

Maybe my sources aren't that great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom