Other How's about we give that new 1.4 buff for placing themed torches in their corresponding biome?

CobaltChono

Terrarian
Awhile back (In April) Redigit mentioned that one would be penalized for placing the wrong torch type in the wrong biome. (for example placing an ice torch in the desert) before seemingly changing his mind on the concept (no doubt thanks to IndigoRage) and instead (possibly) deciding on granting the player a buff when placing the "right" torch in the "right" biome.

So as a way to poke fun at Red's instance I decided to come up with three mildly amusing (at least to me) potential names and tooltips for the buff in question.

These are:

Red’s preference

<Buff details>

“Matching Biome Torches can be Aesthetically Sublime”

The Quantium Truth

<Buff details>

“Because Quantium Mechanics!”

<Buff details>

“The Matrix has Spoken!”

If you have any other better ideas for the name and flavor text of the buff, please feel free to write about it below. The funnier the better :)

Buff: Feng Shui

“Perfectly coordinated, as all things should be.”

The ideas you listed are cute, but they’re obscure and sound like inside jokes. Can you explain the humor to me?

“Perfectly coordinated, as all things should be.”

The ideas you listed are cute, but they’re obscure and sound like inside jokes. Can you explain the humor to me?[/QUOTE]
Sure thing!

1. "Red's preference" refers to his insistence that one must place the "correct" torch type in the "correct" biome. (Source: link)
So I called it "Red's preference" as a good natured jab at his control comment.

2. "The Quantium Truth": For this name I was more or less thinking about why exactly placing an ice torch in the snow/ice biome would give you a buff. I decided it would be funny if the in "lore" reason for as to why this occurs is because it resonates with the universe at the quantum level, has a (at least to us the players) positive, satisfying effect. This to me, is just some techno gibberish that says, you get the buff, that's it.

Lastly we have

15. Burger King foot let... Uhh, I mean 3. "01010110": This is a reference to the bits that carries information within a computer. In retrospect, this is a combination of the previous two names' themes; taking a friendly jab at Red's insistence, while also saying, "it gives you a buff because I said so". It combines the authoritative nature of one of the game's creators, and the seemingly unknown and bizarre reasoning for both the existence and granting of this buff. In the famous words of Todd Howard, "It just works".

Sorry for the delayed response, I kinda procrastinated and was a bit ill, so I didn't respond right away.

P.S. As far as meme references go, I think your name and tooltip is even better than my three! Good going Baconfry :)

Back
Top Bottom