tModLoader Shadows of Abaddon mod

Hello, I read that the Empress Den spawns directly below the desert. And since appearently the only way to spawn Araneas, you can't fight him on a world generated with enabled Calamity mod as well, because that biome is getting overlapped by Sunken Sea. I think that the biome should be generated somewhere else, or maybe a bit deeper, so it's under the Sunken Sea? Because I saw the boss, it looks dope as heck, but I can't fight him even if I spawn him with other means, since he kills you when outside the Den (at least, that's what I'm assuming).
when Calamity is installed the Empress Den is moved to the right, you can still fight her if you play with Calamity.
Just make sure to NEVER enter a world with modded content without the corresponding mod, or else you lose stuff such as walls, which are essentially the core part of the biome.

If Calamity is enabled, then the Empress Den spawns a bit to the right, enough so that it's still on the Sunken Sea but not by a lot. It still overlaps but in favor of the Den (the Den replaces a small-ish part of the Sea).
when Calamity is installed the Empress Den is moved to the right, you can still fight her if you play with Calamity.
Just make sure to NEVER enter a world with modded content without the corresponding mod, or else you lose stuff such as walls, which are essentially the core part of the biome.
Ohh, okay, thanks for letting me know! I only looked around the left and bottom edge of the biome, so I totally missed it.

Hey I've been having a strange crash situation. I am running a bunch of QOL and content mods in my current run and everything was fine until I killed Abaddon. A couple seconds after I killed Abaddon and saw the message indicating the spawning of the flame razed forest, I saved & quit. When I returned to the world, my game would freeze for less than a second every couple of seconds (barely noticeable) until, after about 30 seconds, the game would flat out close without giving me a crash error message like tmodloader usually does when I use too much memory. I'm pretty sure this is a shadows of abaddon problem because I disabled most of my mods except for shadows of abaddon and I still got the same crash. Then I disabled ONLY shadows of abaddon and the game ran fine with no crashes. Sorry if that was a little drawn out, love what you've done with the mod so far!

Hey I've been having a strange crash situation. I am running a bunch of QOL and content mods in my current run and everything was fine until I killed Abaddon. A couple seconds after I killed Abaddon and saw the message indicating the spawning of the flame razed forest, I saved & quit. When I returned to the world, my game would freeze for less than a second every couple of seconds (barely noticeable) until, after about 30 seconds, the game would flat out close without giving me a crash error message like tmodloader usually does when I use too much memory. I'm pretty sure this is a shadows of abaddon problem because I disabled most of my mods except for shadows of abaddon and I still got the same crash. Then I disabled ONLY shadows of abaddon and the game ran fine with no crashes. Sorry if that was a little drawn out, love what you've done with the mod so far!
That's uh... really strange. I've no clue why that would happen. And the crash log is just an out of memory exception? Hm. I'll make sure Dan knows, he may be able to help ya?

Was able to run this on latest tMod version 0.11, but can't remember what I was doing and now I get an error when it loads the game and the mod disables automatically. Tried reinstalling and using a backup I had and still nada.

Was able to run this on latest tMod version 0.11, but can't remember what I was doing and now I get an error when it loads the game and the mod disables automatically. Tried reinstalling and using a backup I had and still nada.
yeah 0.11 is bugged, which is why I won't be updating the mod to that version of TML anytime soon. Also Calamity had an update that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to use it with SoA until I update the mod.

yeah 0.11 is bugged, which is why I won't be updating the mod to that version of TML anytime soon. Also Calamity had an update that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to use it with SoA until I update the mod.

A shame because it was working flawless on 0.11 without any fatal errors until I messed up and disabled all mods by mistake, making it not booting up SoA again. And my main world was generated with SoA tiles/biome.
Not rushing or anything, but does it take a lot of time updating to be compatible with latest tMod?

A shame because it was working flawless on 0.11 without any fatal errors until I messed up and disabled all mods by mistake, making it not booting up SoA again. And my main world was generated with SoA tiles/biome.
Not rushing or anything, but does it take a lot of time updating to be compatible with latest tMod?
Again, the issue is that 0.11 is currently riddled with bugs. Actually updating to the new version wouldn't be too hard I don't think; it's just that 0.10 is the preferable version as of now.

Again, the issue is that 0.11 is currently riddled with bugs. Actually updating to the new version wouldn't be too hard I don't think; it's just that 0.10 is the preferable version as of now.

I understand most mods don't work with latest tMod. I'm just saying it was working normally even without the actual mod being updated.

Hey hey, everyone! Most of you probably didn't notice, but today is Shadows of Abaddon's 3rd anniversary!
On behalf of the dev team, I'd like to thank y'all for supporting us over the years. We were planning to release an update for today, but my lazy :red: couldn't get the animations done in time the update was a bit bigger than we expected :V
Either way, here are a couple of spoilers for y'all:

(Oh and don't mind my random quotes I'm just making these up because :red: if I know)

SpoilerDesert.png

"A strange little shrine, with an even stranger scroll hung on the wall; yet it almost feels... familiar. Nostalgic, even."

(This one was posted roughly a week ago on the discord, we just forgot to post it here :V Also no, this ain't a new structure.)

SpoilerAnniversary.jpg

"Shadowy figures emerge from the blackened portal..."
(This was made by one of our concept artists, B. Ghost! He doesn't have a TCF account - or at least, any that I know of - so I can't link that here. Though, he does have a twitter if you're interested: b.ghost (@bghost28906171) | Twitter)

Now, there's one more spoiler that I can't post here since TCF doesn't support audio files, so you'll have to check the discord for that. It's a sneak peak of Nihilus' new theme, and hoo boy, it's :red:ing amazing. Join, listen to it quickly, and leave quickly if you want; doesn't really matter. CharlieDebnam, the composer, is hoping to release the full thing on Soundcloud fairly soon tho. I'll make sure to post it here as soon as it goes up.

Thank y'all so, so much once again. Hope you enjoy the update when it goes live soon™!

0.11 has a lot of issues. Bugs absolutely everywhere. For now, just continue using TML 0.10.
And this is why I'm taking an extended break from both playing Terraria and making mods for it
Diddo

Nice update promo thou, this mod has come a very long ways!

A very underrated mod that deserves A TON more attention! keep up the good work!
I don't know how underrated it is, I knew about it around the time I first got into modded Terraria as one of the largest content mods at the time (still is, easily)
Thou non the less the team has put alot of good work into this mod, there's no denying that.

I don't know how underrated it is, I knew about it around the time I first got into modded Terraria as one of the largest content mods at the time (still is, easily)
Thou non the less the team has put alot of good work into this mod, there's no denying that.

indeed on that front.

Back
Top Bottom