Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

im too tired to go to the original post, but didnt they say they cancelled it because they had too much on their plate or whatever? wouldnt journeys end we might get a bit?

The main reason was that despite the changes they made, already switching development partners once, the game was not meeting their own standards for the quality they envisioned and didn't feel they would be able to meet those standards in a reasonable time frame.

From the sounds of it, it seemed like Re-Logic felt it would be a disservice to release a game that did not have the proper standard of quality.

I don't know and couldn't say if other aspects of their workload had an impact on it or not. After completing Journey's End, they will start a new project, it's not known whether it will be Terraria related or not or when more info about it will be revealed.

im too tired to go to the original post, but didnt they say they cancelled it because they had too much on their plate or whatever? wouldnt journeys end we might get a bit?
but they already have the work done. I'm not saying "hey, you know that cancelled project? uncancel it you lazy pigs!" I'm just saying "Hey, you know that project that was cancelled after 3 years in development? release the source code or whatever build there is, so it hasnt gone to waste, and we have something else to play while waiting for 1.4"

but they already have the work done. I'm not saying "hey, you know that cancelled project? uncancel it you lazy pigs!" I'm just saying "Hey, you know that project that was cancelled after 3 years in development? release the source code or whatever build there is, so it hasnt gone to waste, and we have something else to play while waiting for 1.4"
yeah ik, just me being dumb
The main reason was that despite the changes they made, already switching development partners once, the game was not meeting their own standards for the quality they envisioned and didn't feel they would be able to meet those standards in a reasonable time frame.

From the sounds of it, it seemed like Re-Logic felt it would be a disservice to release a game that did not have the proper standard of quality.

I don't know and couldn't say if other aspects of their workload had an impact on it or not. After completing Journey's End, they will start a new project, it's not known whether it will be Terraria related or not or when more info about it will be revealed.
L for me

No, we will not release any unfinished elements or source code from the TOW project.

Again, it was far below our standards... and also again, some of the ideas we had there (many never revealed) may be used later on down the road.

No, we will not release any unfinished elements or source code from the TOW project.

Again, it was far below our standards... and also again, some of the ideas we had there (many never revealed) may be used later on down the road.

Funny how many times you have to tell people this and they still keep asking, lol.

Though I will also re-iterate a point I made, in that I rather liked the graphics that I saw in those demos, I hope that they would eventually find their way to a Re-Logic game, or heck at the very least, be a part of an official texture pack or something.

That was the #1 thing I was most liking about TOW was the awesome tiles.

Funny how many times you have to tell people this and they still keep asking, lol.

Though I will also re-iterate a point I made, in that I rather liked the graphics that I saw in those demos, I hope that they would eventually find their way to a Re-Logic game, or heck at the very least, be a part of an official texture pack or something.

That was the #1 thing I was most liking about TOW was the awesome tiles.
i agree, they look so nice!
[doublepost=1565308275,1565308236][/doublepost]

can't say I'm suprised this was the answer. oh well.

While I wanted this game to be released, I understand why they decided to cancel it. Here is an F for the devs who worked on Other World whose work may never be seen.

Is the code public? If not can you make it

No decent company worth their salt is going to release code and assets of an unfinished project, because they would be basically

A). Giving up the rights to it, thus making it impossible to repurpose said code and assets later,
B). Allowing the public to see a product they deemed "inferior" and "not befitting the quality of the company".

Some ideas/concepts/assets that were going to be used in T:OW are likely going to be used in other Re-Logic projects, so while you won't see T:OW as a whole, you will see some stuff that was in it used elsehwere.

No decent company worth their salt is going to release code and assets of an unfinished project, because they would be basically

A). Giving up the rights to it, thus making it impossible to repurpose said code and assets later,
B). Allowing the public to see a product they deemed "inferior" and "not befitting the quality of the company".

Some ideas/concepts/assets that were going to be used in T:OW are likely going to be used in other Re-Logic projects, so while you won't see T:OW as a whole, you will see some stuff that was in it used elsehwere.
Ya I figured. I was just wondering if there was any chance so it could by edited and turned into a mod.

Hola, lógica y comunidad, soy un jugador de terraria (por supuesto), abrí este hilo para recordar viejos momentos de terraria, pero más para ver mi angustia por no tener Terraria Otherworld, fue una pena la verdad que este juego hizo No salió a la luz, tenía mis expectativas muy altas, sin embargo, con la última actualización de Terraria me sentí curado por las adiciones, me preguntaba si en algún momento el desarrollo del Otro Mundo volvería o si no hay otra opción, lo siento, mi inglés es muy malo porque soy de Argentina, muchas gracias por leer y me gustaría saber si hay esperanza para Terraria Otherworld o si es solo un lindo sueño

Hello logic and community, I'm a terraria player (of course), I opened this thread to remember old terraria moments, but more to see my anguish for not having Terraria Otherworld, it was a shame the truth that this game did light, I had my expectations very high, however, with the latest Terraria update I felt cured by the additions, I was wondering if at some point the development of the Otherworld would return or if there is no other option, sorry, my English is very bad because I am from Argentina, thank you very much for reading and I would like to know if there is hope for Terraria Otherworld or if it is just a nice dream

Hola, lógica y comunidad, soy un jugador de terraria (por supuesto), abrí este hilo para recordar viejos momentos de terraria, pero más para ver mi angustia por no tener Terraria Otherworld, fue una pena la verdad que este juego hizo No salió a la luz, tenía mis expectativas muy altas, sin embargo, con la última actualización de Terraria me sentí curado por las adiciones, me preguntaba si en algún momento el desarrollo del Otro Mundo volvería o si no hay otra opción, lo siento, mi inglés es muy malo porque soy de Argentina, muchas gracias por leer y me gustaría saber si hay esperanza para Terraria Otherworld o si es solo un lindo sueño

Hi there @TerranPrime1224, I moved your post here to an already existing thread about the same topic. As you can see from the main post here as well as the replies, Otherworld is completely cancelled and will not be made.

Hola, @TerranPrime1224, moví tu publicación aquí a un hilo ya existente sobre el mismo tema. Como puede ver en la publicación principal aquí, así como en las respuestas, Otherworld se cancela por completo y no se realizará.

Hi there @TerranPrime1224, I moved your post here to an already existing thread about the same topic. As you can see from the main post here as well as the replies, Otherworld is completely cancelled and will not be made.

Hola, @TerranPrime1224, moví tu publicación aquí a un hilo ya existente sobre el mismo tema. Como puede ver en la publicación principal aquí, así como en las respuestas, Otherworld se cancela por completo y no se realizará.
Hey there,
Had a question about the recent statement made by Redigit where he stated that with 100,000 signatures and $15 dollars, he would open source Otherworld.
The Change.org petition leader seems to think he meant a single one time payment of $15. Did he actually mean $15 from everyone? Do you know anything about this? Thanks.
(Petition here: Sign the Petition)

Hey there,
Had a question about the recent statement made by Redigit where he stated that with 100,000 signatures and $15 dollars, he would open source Otherworld.
The Change.org petition leader seems to think he meant a single one time payment of $15. Did he actually mean $15 from everyone? Do you know anything about this? Thanks.
(Petition here: Sign the Petition)
Those would be questions for Redigit. :)

Back
Top Bottom