Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a video of the update and when the person was placing blocks it showed a zoomed in window for more accurate placement. How do I get this to show up in my game?

I watched a video of the update and when the person was placing blocks it showed a zoomed in window for more accurate placement. How do I get this to show up in my game?

There are zoom in/zoom out buttons on the bottom of the screen, you can use the one on the right to zoom in the game for more precise block placement.

There are zoom in/zoom out buttons on the bottom of the screen, you can use the one on the right to zoom in the game for more precise block placement.
This wasn't just zooming in. It was a window with a magnified view of the immediate area the player was placing blocks when they were building

Seems to me that terraria as a whole was just dumped into a big trash can, mixed up, and dumped onto a table and put back together like that. Taking the ability to fly from the left joystick makes no sense at all. None. You have to be super close to a chest to open it. It was built for tablets because no one in their right mind would want to have to look at their inventory being that small on a phone. Why would anyone NOT want auto swing? The no auto pause thing just screams " kill me while I try to find something in my chest" which is way too small to see what stuff is.
I could go on. I think no one in DR Studios ever played the game before tearing it down and Frankensteining it back together. The screen is WAY too cluttered. It's like the game was chewed up and vomited back into our laps. With some peas and corn.
I strongly disagree.

But that’s my opinion.

Give it a while you will adjust.

The main thing is start a new character. Roll with it for a while until you get a hang of the control scheme.

If you are trying to straight up start with old characters using new controllers your experience was horrible due to your fault not the developer.

As a developer o strongly suggest that you give it a try using a new character and new world.

But that’s my opinion.

You can trash talk the developers if you want.

Please try my way too.

Loki, please give DR studios, I have a xiaomi redmi not 4 phone, today I clear my memory and it recognizes my cards and characters as temporary files that can be deleted so that this does not happen again

Last edited:
I strongly disagree.

But that’s my opinion.

Give it a while you will adjust.

The main thing is start a new character. Roll with it for a while until you get a hang of the control scheme.

If you are trying to straight up start with old characters using new controllers your experience was horrible due to your fault not the developer.

As a developer o strongly suggest that you give it a try using a new character and new world.

But that’s my opinion.

You can trash talk the developers if you want.

Please try my way too.

I strongly disagree with you friend. The menus are super trippy and confusing now on my iPhone. It’s the biggest example of everything gets crammed in a <5in screen. Can’t even play the game because my brain cannot compute this monstrosity of super small and cluttered menus. Why can’t I just have a hot bar w/ inventory button and 2 joysticks on one screen like it was prior to this update. I literally cannot play this in its current state. Otherwise, my head is going to have a “fun” time.
[doublepost=1567058456,1567058286][/doublepost]
Локи, пожалуйста, передайте студии DR, у меня есть телефон xiaomi redmi not 4, сегодня я очистил свою память, и он распознал мои карты и персонажа как временные файлы, но можно ли это удалить, чтобы этого не произошло?

предотвратить что именно?

1) почему игрок, пользующийся оружием ближнего боя, не может атаковать в противоположной стороне, как это было в 1.2
2) Объяснить, как вы одновременно прыгаете и атакуете? Это не удобно и почти невозможно! Что делать игрокам с диагональю 4дм (дюйммы), ведь кнопки там маленькие!
Я считаю, что лучше было реализовать прыжок-левым джойстиком как в версии 1.2 (могу ли я обратиться к этой просьбе к разработчикам или донести им эту информацию?)

1) почему игрок, пользующийся оружием ближнего боя, не может атаковать в противоположной стороне, как это было в 1.2
2) Объяснить, как вы одновременно прыгаете и атакуете? Это не удобно и почти невозможно! Что делать игрокам с диагональю 4дм (дюйммы), ведь кнопки там маленькие!
Я считаю, что лучше было реализовать прыжок-левым джойстиком как в версии 1.2 (могу ли я обратиться к этой просьбе к разработчикам или донести им эту информацию?)

1) Я полностью понимаю, что вы говорите. Я тоже жалуюсь на это на своем родном языке (английском) выше на странице форума. 2) да, я думаю, вы должны попытаться заставить разработчиков слушать, если можете. и 3) по моему личному мнению, они должны были оставить экраны инвентаря в одиночку, потому что крошечный <5-дюймовый экран телефона не так полезен, как любой 27-дюймовый монитор. Я буквально не могу играть в эту игру на своем iPhone, потому что все загромождено. Также я прошу прощения за ужасный перевод.

Seems to me that terraria as a whole was just dumped into a big trash can, mixed up, and dumped onto a table and put back together like that. Taking the ability to fly from the left joystick makes no sense at all. None. You have to be super close to a chest to open it. It was built for tablets because no one in their right mind would want to have to look at their inventory being that small on a phone. Why would anyone NOT want auto swing? The no auto pause thing just screams " kill me while I try to find something in my chest" which is way too small to see what stuff is.
I could go on.
The screen is WAY too cluttered.
Have you ever played 1.3 on computer? With this info you told us, it's exactly what it feels on pc, you need to be really close to tiles. Don't get mad, if it's cluttered, on pc it's too. But on pc you have keyboard and mouse not a screen. Do NOT complain. All buttons in pc is simulated in mobile. :mad:

Have you ever played 1.3 on computer? With this info you told us, it's exactly what it feels on pc, you need to be really close to tiles. Don't get mad, if it's cluttered, on pc it's too. But on pc you have keyboard and mouse not a screen. Do NOT complain. All buttons in pc is simulated in mobile. :mad:

You literally don’t get the point of what this guy is saying. Sure it’s exactly like pc. But here’s what makes it different: phones and tablets range from ~4 to 14 inches of screen. That’s not much considering what is going to be displayed. Then you have to account for the size a computer screen is and the fact that fingers are too big for buttons that are 1/16 of an inch of screen. So don’t be salty until you realize the pain we small screen users face.

A reminder for everyone to keep it civil here.

It hasn't gotten to the point of disrespect yet, but the discussion is getting a bit heated and a little personal. While everyone has different opinions about the update, it also must stay civil.

You literally don’t get the point of what this guy is saying. Sure it’s exactly like pc.
You know what? Let him talk himself! Maybe he is not saying what you are saying. But for you, I know what you are saying, I changed from my 8in tablet to my friend's 4in phone. Yes it was pain, and small buttons can really drive you crazy. But developers also know this and because of that they made intracting with game in many ways so anyone could find his/her most suitable way to play. They also seperated jump/fly from left stick up for you to be able to hover and as a placeholder for space key in pc. My point is they want us to enjoy the update, not to complain to them and say remove the new buttons or make them like before. The game could be unplayable at some points. It was a hard work for them to PORT game to mobile. If everyone is unhappy with controls on small screens, use Octapus app to play it with gamepad/controller until controller support arrives. :)

Будет ли в следующих обновлениях возможность менять управление?
[doublepost=1567069198,1567069102][/doublepost]Где можно посмотреть новости разработки и общаться с разработчиками террарии?

I could go on. I think no one in DR Studios ever played the game before tearing it down and Frankensteining it back together. The screen is WAY too cluttered. It's like the game was chewed up and vomited back into our laps. With some peas and corn.

Heya, sorry that you feel this way! I might be able to give you some insights on how the UI was made, and I wanted to say to everyone that we do listen and are already making improvements, but there's definitely reasons for all the decisions you see in-game!

You can still fly with the left stick, it is currently only available by double tapping up and holding to fly, we know this isn't perfect and we already have a new update that improves this, plus more in the pipeline. The reason this is this way is that there's items that can become difficult to use otherwise so we had to explore more to make sure they work!

Previous mobile also changed some key aspects of the game in a way unintended by Re-Logic, chests for example you have to be in the expected range, I know it is closer than before but that was the intention all along, old mobile just did it differently for no intended reason. Auto swing is the same, the game has been balanced to have some weapons not auto-swing so to have a unified experience on console/PC/Mobile we respected that original design and adjusted. We understand this can be annoying but it was an advantage unique to mobile that wasn't intended to be there...

The autopause again was a specific request, a lot of us (me included some days) were exploiting the inventory autopause to make short work of bosses by going to the nurse, autopausing, quickly prepare to heal, and then resuming a fight.

Funnily enough I don't mind sharing this, but tablet UI was done after all work on phone UI was completed, we have intensely played on a variety of devices, me personally I have more than one thousand hours combined between iphone 6/7/8, pixel XL, and even smaller screens! We definitely made sure everyone in the company played on the tiniest devices, even those that are sadly not supported now so I'm sorry you feel this was not good, that said, we did identify during development that there are improvements we want to make for smaller devices, but to avoid significant delays we had to prioritize other things before. I'm really sorry you feel this way but we definitely do care about making it the best that will be possible!

Again I want to reassure everyone that we are listening and adjusting, any decision you see was done absolutely in the best interest of the game, even if today it doesn't seem the case, but we also wanted to be sure everything will be future proof, but I cannot spoil the reasons why of every decision!

Hello, great work on the update! I see a lot of complaints about the controls but in all honestly I think they work well.

There is one thing though that would be great - I have a Galaxy Note 8 and on the previous version I was able to make use of the S-pen which is great when building.

Unfortunately this no longer works in this latest update, is this something you are looking to include?

Thanks!

Heya, sorry that you feel this way! I might be able to give you some insights on how the UI was made, and I wanted to say to everyone that we do listen and are already making improvements, but there's definitely reasons for all the decisions you see in-game!

You can still fly with the left stick, it is currently only available by double tapping up and holding to fly, we know this isn't perfect and we already have a new update that improves this, plus more in the pipeline. The reason this is this way is that there's items that can become difficult to use otherwise so we had to explore more to make sure they work!

Previous mobile also changed some key aspects of the game in a way unintended by Re-Logic, chests for example you have to be in the expected range, I know it is closer than before but that was the intention all along, old mobile just did it differently for no intended reason. Auto swing is the same, the game has been balanced to have some weapons not auto-swing so to have a unified experience on console/PC/Mobile we respected that original design and adjusted. We understand this can be annoying but it was an advantage unique to mobile that wasn't intended to be there...

The autopause again was a specific request, a lot of us (me included some days) were exploiting the inventory autopause to make short work of bosses by going to the nurse, autopausing, quickly prepare to heal, and then resuming a fight.

Funnily enough I don't mind sharing this, but tablet UI was done after all work on phone UI was completed, we have intensely played on a variety of devices, me personally I have more than one thousand hours combined between iphone 6/7/8, pixel XL, and even smaller screens! We definitely made sure everyone in the company played on the tiniest devices, even those that are sadly not supported now so I'm sorry you feel this was not good, that said, we did identify during development that there are improvements we want to make for smaller devices, but to avoid significant delays we had to prioritize other things before. I'm really sorry you feel this way but we definitely do care about making it the best that will be possible!

Again I want to reassure everyone that we are listening and adjusting, any decision you see was done absolutely in the best interest of the game, even if today it doesn't seem the case, but we also wanted to be sure everything will be future proof, but I cannot spoil the reasons why of every decision!
The problem with the double tapping up is that it doesn't stick. I can't double tap up and fly around as I did before. I can't fly up, pause my upward flight, and then resume on the same double tap. You understand?
Wanting to make it more like the PC? It's not a PC. It doesn't have buttons and a mouse. Most of us play with two thumb's. I got more to say but I have to get ready for work.

I think reason to making jump/fly action in two seprate locations is to jump/fly with jump button on right when you don't need to use right stick, and use double tap/swip up on left stick when you want to use right stick. Believe me, jump button is easier to controll wings or boots or jumping accesories when you need to give them direction or want to hover. I remember how I disliked hovering on max height or can't use lightning boots and sandstorm in bottle and wings at same time on old controlls. This fixes them all. Enjoy new max height that you can fly with this controlls :)

I submitted a ticket about an issue that makes the update unplayable but now I have additional information regarding the issue that could help locate the source

Вы говорите о том что нужно привыкнуть к новому управлению, но есть люди которым удобнее будет совершать прыжок левым джойстиком не нажимая по нему два раза! Почему вы не уважаете их манеру игры и не даёте возможность настроить управление под себя? Я думаю что нужно сделать так чтобы игрок мог менять управление так как ему удобно, а не писать по форумам и кричать:"К УПРАВЛЕНИЮ НАДО ПРИВЫКНУТЬ"-ЭТО ПЛОХО

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom