Texture Pack The Calamity Texture Pack

Debating whether or not to use this pack, purely because I'm torn on whether vanilla mythril armour or this looks better.

Uhm... Guys..
Where did I go wrong? I installed it via Tmodloader.
Mods I'm using: Terraria Overhaul, Antiaris, Thorium, Alchemist NPC Lite, Magic Storage, Vanilla Tweaks, Spirit Mod, Which mod is this from, Wing Slot, Yet another boss health bar, and Crystillium
TxpqyXo.png

[doublepost=1563192624,1563192555][/doublepost]I'm sorry for double posting, forgot to mention that hitting the grass block reverts it to the proper texture. Seems like the "grass block" is broken... For me?
It's probably because of overhaul. They change a few sprite tiles and tile sprites, it can be a bit annoying when working with texture packs.

How do you download the texture, i'm not quite sure how to. Is there any video that shows how to?

Hey, love this texturepack. The Pixel art is fantastic!
I am having the same problem with terrariaoverhaul. I really enjoy playing with this mod but would love to the texturepack. Is there a way to change the textures from the overhaul? so I could edit them so that they fit within the texturepack style

Hey, love this texturepack. The Pixel art is fantastic!
I am having the same problem with terrariaoverhaul. I really enjoy playing with this mod but would love to the texturepack. Is there a way to change the textures from the overhaul? so I could edit them so that they fit within the texturepack style
I hear ya. Sadly, there is no way to change modded vanilla textures via texture pack -- you can only achieve that via modding. Otherwise Terraria Overhaul will either completely overwrite your textures immediately in-game, or after several seconds of playing in a world. Technically this is a problem with Terraria'a awkward implementation of texture packs rather than the mod -- but there are ways Terraria Overhaul could get around this, which would also solve the problem.

There would either have to be a texture-free alternate version of TO, or a config option could also be implemented that disables changing vanilla textures where applicable. I've spoken to Misario on this, but he said he's not willing to put in the effort to make these texture-related options until he sees more people clamoring for it (I've seen about 3-4 requesting texture pack support in TO outside of this thread myself). It's his choice of course, and he may still change his mind and add it eventually, but I personally believe it should always be a rule with mods that if they override vanilla textures, to have an alternative to play with your own custom textures as well. As I've said before, it's specifically because of this problem that I don't use TO anymore.

If you really want this to happen in Terraria Overhaul, my advice is to kindly ask Misario to consider this yourself
-- since he doesn't interact much in his forum thread here, I'd either via PM here or contact him on Discord.

Considering Terraria 1.4 is supposed to have far superior texture pack implementation, it would incredible if they made it possible for texture packs to overwrite modded textures when you're using them, or something along those lines. I highly doubt they'll put that much effort into texture packs, but I'd also love them to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Has anyone come across this weird issue -

I'm using this texture pack, and it works great, but with the Calamity mod enabled, the hearts and mana crystals will show the updated textures (from this pack) for about half a second, then switch back to the normal Terraria hearts/crystals.

Anyone else come across this issue before?

EDIT: The Calamity mod overrides the heart/mana textures. Oh well ;-)

Last edited:
The pack looks promising overall, though I may criticize the tree textures (including cactus) look really weird and unfitting for the quality of the tiles, also the cactus are flat.

Edit: Further analyzed the screenshots given and had to correct that the corruption tree looks like an improvement, GJ.

-i dont like the rod of discord easter egg

-the emblems dont need to be there as the calamity rogue emblem is stylised as the original ones from terraria

+i made a straight bladetongue sprite

- the twins dont really look like eye of CDFJKU

+ but i love how the eye of CLKHIKU looks

- not all demon eyes are retextured

+ i can help with the sprites, i am a great sprite artist myself, but i work like really slowly

+ i made the cloud button and some other ui elements

- discord doesnt work for me

Last edited:
- the twins dont really look like eye of CDFJKU

They actually do look like the Eye of Cthulhu in the texture pack except that the Twins do not have the abundance of eyes that EoC has in the texture pack itself.

Like how are you supposed to go from biological to mechanical when you still have to deal with the abundance of eyes on you?

-the emblems dont need to be there as the calamity rogue emblem is stylised as the original ones from terraria

This is technically true, but there would be a possibility that the Rogue Emblem would have it's sprite changed to look more like the re-textured vanilla emblems.

They actually do look like the Eye of Cthulhu in the texture pack except that the Twins do not have the abundance of eyes that EoC has in the texture pack itself.

Like how are you supposed to go from biological to mechanical when you still have to deal with the abundance of eyes on you?
???
wtf.png

The Twins don't have servants or minions.
He could have meant the veins and iris/pupil design. The twins look more vanilla then the EoC does. The Twins dont have to include the clusters of eyes, but having their designs fit in line with EoC's in the texture pack would be nice

In the middle I crudely cleared the eyes to show the diffirence. Also I think EOC's pupil is shaped like this because it hides a mouth.

Back
Top Bottom