Mobile Control Suggestions

Spiky

Terrarian
When I started playing the 1.3 mobile update, I realize that the placement of few buttons and the way some works was making the game a bit les enjoyable.
I my opinion the quick health and mana buttons are not in the good place because it is realy hard to use them while moving, the auto slector button cannot be use to hold a torch while moving and the hook stick trigger when out of the center, leaving a lot a place for error.

That's why i thout of a few changes in the controls that could resolve those problems:
- the hook stick should oly trigger when released.
- the auto select button sould be able to be triggered it tap( and possibly be held if held for more than x seconds (I recommend 0.5s)
- the buffs, mana and healing button hould be on the right side of the screen.

New buttons small.png

I also create the "selector" and HotKey selector / button
the Selector is inspired of a console button. This button allow you to select between one the the five buttons in it(4 around, 1 in the center). When held, it became open and you can then drag the button to select what you want and the selected button will be use when you release the selector. If you held the center for more than x seconds (I recommend 0.5s) the center button is considered as held (this is needed for the controls desing 1 and 3) I created 3 desing for this button;

the HotKey selector / button allow you to change your weapon while moving
- the button alloow you to change throuth the 2 1st slots of you Hotbar. If the 1st slot is selected it will select the 2nd one on click, otherway the 1st slot of your Hotbar will be selected.
- the selected allow you to select between the 5 1st slots of your hor bar when using it.
Selectors desings small.png

With all those buttons I created 3 desing for the cntrols that could solved the minor problemes I explanied earlier. THe named buttons are the ons that change between those 3 desings
My favorite desing is the 1st one

Sugested controls small.png

When I started playing the 1.3 mobile update, I realize that the placement of few buttons and the way some works was making the game a bit les enjoyable.
I my opinion the quick health and mana buttons are not in the good place because it is realy hard to use them while moving, the auto slector button cannot be use to hold a torch while moving and the hook stick trigger when out of the center, leaving a lot a place for error.

That's why i thout of a few changes in the controls that could resolve those problems:
- the hook stick should oly trigger when released.
- the auto select button sould be able to be triggered it tap( and possibly be held if held for more than x seconds (I recommend 0.5s)
- the buffs, mana and healing button hould be on the right side of the screen.

View attachment 226438

I also create the "selector" and HotKey selector / button
the Selector is inspired of a console button. This button allow you to select between one the the five buttons in it(4 around, 1 in the center). When held, it became open and you can then drag the button to select what you want and the selected button will be use when you release the selector. If you held the center for more than x seconds (I recommend 0.5s) the center button is considered as held (this is needed for the controls desing 1 and 3) I created 3 desing for this button;

the HotKey selector / button allow you to change your weapon while moving
- the button alloow you to change throuth the 2 1st slots of you Hotbar. If the 1st slot is selected it will select the 2nd one on click, otherway the 1st slot of your Hotbar will be selected.
- the selected allow you to select between the 5 1st slots of your hor bar when using it.View attachment 226439

With all those buttons I created 3 desing for the cntrols that could solved the minor problemes I explanied earlier. THe named buttons are the ons that change between those 3 desings
My favorite desing is the 1st one

View attachment 226440
I definitely agree with you.

To me the n*1 issue is JuMpInG!!! I tried eye of chtulhu with 200+hp and some decent equipment and i iotally failed because i failed to jump at the must critical moments. I repeat the suggestion ive been giving about mobile controls sinse update ,that is i think they need to do something like pubg mobile does for sprinting with the left touch pad, but for jumping, and also make the jump trigger to follow the directional line of the left touch pad, if not 360°, at least within a certein degree range

My main issue is primarily the new jump system. Having a separate button is terrible for a game that relies on movement to defeat bosses. I just hope the developers add an option to disable double tap jumping for the old system where jumping was as simple as flicking up the movement stick. My only other complaint is that from what I've seen so far swinging forwards while moving backwards is now impossible. This could be easily fixed by having the option to drag the attack button in the direction you wish to swing.

please return the classic control view is not possible to play too many buttons the interface is inconvenient

Back
Top Bottom