Terraria State of the Game: October 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.3.4 (console) is coming literally right after xbox elite 2 controller comes.
Sucks that the mobile Controller & Customizations update was delayed till 1.3.0.7.7, but i can wait.

ALSO i need someone to confirm that the controller update for mobile will have options for L3/R3/view on iOS. Currently, those buttons dont work on mfi controllers. That means there needs to be keybinds, and/or a way to press 2 different buttons at the same time to activate something.

I love Terraria but the waiting is killing me... it's hard to believe this update is taking longer than most games take to make. I also dont understand why the switch version is taking forever to be updated when it was created from the ground up with PC in mind just like the console versions so that future updates can flow out smoother. I still love the game and am excited for 1.4 but dang dude the timeframes is insane.

As has been the established pattern for awhile now, the only "news" for PC/1.4 this month is an extremely vague, small snippet of information that amounts to "a single entity has been added. How does it work..? Well... ... ...Wouldn't you like to know? LOL" 🙄
Not surprised in the slightest, just disappointed.

Last edited:
Update is better than no update, but I was hoping for a Halloween "surprise, release!" moment. ;) Soooooooon. (Or so I keep telling myself.)

Registered just to express disappointment. The SotG just keeps taking longer and longer each month. And PC just keeps getting the shaft with pitiful dribbles of information.

Those hoping for a release anytime soon are just setting themselves up.

At this point I'm just starting to think that 1.4 is complete for PC. They are just dragging it out to catchup the PS4 and Xbone for a release across all three at once.

Not going to be surprised at this point for a late December release.

Either way the silence is just souring the hype that started back from the summer. Its gone from ."damn 1.4 is going to kick :red:" to just "well 1.4 may kick :red:...if its ever delivered."

Honestly wish they'd take a lesson from Capcom and how it hyped Iceborne's release in September.

For months they gave us new armor designs, revealed new monsters and content. Kept everyone extremely excited through the entire waiting period.

For Terraria, we get a broomstick..

I get that playing coy with the updates can add a little hype, but that only really works once. After a while it has the opposite effect.

From "We see you guys want more info, here's a little bit. Isn't it mysterious?" to "We see you guys want more info, tough. Keep waiting."

To my knowledge, Re_logic has always said that 1.4 will be released when ready (probably by the end of the year).
What made you think it would be out sooner?
Q: When will Journey's End release?
A: We expect to have this update out prior to the end of the year. However, as we always say... it will be ready when it is ready.

Last edited:
Registered just to express disappointment. The SotG just keeps taking longer and longer each month. And PC just keeps getting the shaft with pitiful dribbles of information.

Those hoping for a release anytime soon are just setting themselves up.

At this point I'm just starting to think that 1.4 is complete for PC. They are just dragging it out to catchup the PS4 and Xbone for a release across all three at once.

Not going to be surprised at this point for a late December release.

Either way the silence is just souring the hype that started back from the summer. Its gone from ."damn 1.4 is going to kick :red:" to just "well 1.4 may kick :red:...if its ever delivered."
It will come when it is ready. Just like the mobile update. If we had got it back when they first said we would in 2017, we would have even worse controls than whats in 1.2, a terrible UI, and a glitchy game.
Since we waited, we got an almost unbeatable UI, almost no glitches, and lots of other amazing features we would have never had.

So... If I read correctly PS4 and XBOX will get 1.3.4 first? Even before PC damn, those Pipework peeps sure work fast! Might as well get a PS4, I only got Terraria on PC but I can't wait longer than I've already waited for 1.3.4 D:
Uhhh, 1.3.4 has been on pc for quite some time now.

This SotG was the most disappointing to date. We literally got no real news other than, "Switch isn't done yet, ps4 and xbone are almost ready, and pc has had one thing added, wow!"

It will come when it is ready. Just like the mobile update. If we had got it back when they first said we would in 2017, we would have even worse controls than whats in 1.2, a terrible UI, and a glitchy game.
Since we waited, we got an almost unbeatable UI, almost no glitches, and lots of other amazing features we would have never had.
That's just it. If they do release 1.4 for PS4/XB1 simultaneously with PC, it'll prove that 1.4 has been ready for a while for the PC, and they deliberately withheld it to let the console versions catch up.

Can't imagine many PC players would be happy about this fact.

But it's more about the fact that we are getting complete garbage information, while they are basically dumping lots of info on all they are doing for all other versions of Terraria. And the SotG just keeps dragging out longer each month.

PC players are waiting weeks at a time and they give us a bare pittance of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom