tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found a compatibility issue with AmmoBox+ Mod with Litho'sArmory.
  • All weapons that use Rocket Alphas will not work as they will not create any projectile.
  • All Kestros will not convert arrows and fire regular arrows.
  • All Slings will not convert Sling Bullets and fire regular Stone Sling Bullets.
  • Most Dart weapons will not convert darts.
Other issue (Unrelated to AmmoBox+)
For some reason Lithos Armory will sometimes fail to load standalone with 'older' mods such as Spirit Mod.
The only way to load it is by loading Thorium along with it. This only happened to me a few times and was not able to recreate it.
I did not save the logs but I remember the first line had an error with the Astro Blaster. As I said before I could not recreate it.

I found a compatibility issue with AmmoBox+ Mod with Litho'sArmory.
  • All weapons that use Rocket Alphas will not work as they will not create any projectile.
  • All Kestros will not convert arrows and fire regular arrows.
  • All Slings will not convert Sling Bullets and fire regular Stone Sling Bullets.
  • Most Dart weapons will not convert darts.
Other issue (Unrelated to AmmoBox+)
For some reason Lithos Armory will sometimes fail to load standalone with 'older' mods such as Spirit Mod.
The only way to load it is by loading Thorium along with it. This only happened to me a few times and was not able to recreate it.
I did not save the logs but I remember the first line had an error with the Astro Blaster. As I said before I could not recreate it.
Since the projectile replacement code only checks for fired projectiles, that's probably an issue on AmmoBox+'s end, and not something I can fix.
As for the Spirit Mod issue, I have no idea why that would be the case, since my mod does not have any code relating to Spirit mod or any other mod apart from Thorium and Redemption.
It could be a problem with those mods being older.
And... well, the Astro Blaster keeps coming up. I think it's because it's alphabetically first, but the mod compatibility items shouldn't be loading at all if their dependencies aren't enabled.
With the code I have now, it seems quite impossible for them to load mistakenly without some sort of error or interference I can't control.
Quick edit- it's possible some of these other mods may be somehow forcing modded item code to execute or be read. If that's the case, mod compatibility items which fire projectiles from mods that don't exist(like the Astro Blaster) may cause errors if another mod is checking for all item.shoot fields- and if that's the case, I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

I made a small update with compatibility with Mod of Redemption's new update, and fixed the mod's configs being broken by updating the entire thing to the new ingame config system.
Live on the forum download and the browser.

-= Changes =-
Updated the config to the new ingame config system.

Added compatibility for the new version of Mod of Redemption. Items will still drop from old versions of Abandoned Lab NPCs.

Last edited:
The kunai seem to be duping alot....im getting more and more and not losing any with the consumables
I'm not sure why that would be- they do have a higher chance of recovery.
I know this can combine with a chance to not consume throwables, which would result in gaining more items.

I know this can combine with a chance to not consume throwables, which would result in gaining more items.

like say i had like 999 gold kunai... then for some reason i got another stack from just throwing it...maybe you can lower the recovery rate? and it gets even worse when having armor that reduce throwing ammo consumables cause im getting more then losing

or just have them break when they hit the floor so they cant be recoverable

Last edited:

for the projectile for the kunai try this

int item = 0;
if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.10f)

that way you wont end up with dozens of kunai all over the place when having items that prevents throwing consumption at a high percent.. and i also noticed you set the speed of use very much quicker then normal which makes this worse.

for the projectile for the kunai try this

int item = 0;
if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.10f)

that way you wont end up with dozens of kunai all over the place when having items that prevents throwing consumption at a high percent.. and i also noticed you set the speed of use very much quicker then normal which makes this worse.
I don't really understand what it is you mean, exactly. The kunai aren't coded in such a way to make duplication possible without glitches or a reduced consumption chance. They use exactly the same system as vanilla arrow code, with an increased chance to drop.
The fast use speed wouldn't affect the chances at all- since the faster a throwing item is used, the faster it's consumed.
Part of the point with kunai is the higher recovery chance- makes them more efficient than other throwing items.

I don't really understand what it is you mean, exactly. The kunai aren't coded in such a way to make duplication possible without glitches or a reduced consumption chance. They use exactly the same system as vanilla arrow code, with an increased chance to drop.
The fast use speed wouldn't affect the chances at all- since the faster a throwing item is used, the faster it's consumed.
Part of the point with kunai is the higher recovery chance- makes them more efficient than other throwing items.

ill try my best to explain....

int item = 0;
if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.66f)

this is apparently what you had for the kunai's projectile such as the tin and the iron for example...this basically determines the percent chance of it being recovered when it collides with a tile correct? If the "Use speed" is Fast the more kunai it throws the more likely they will be on the floor.

j4nNRTC.gif
WCj5spN.gif

i also have gear that reduces the chances of consuming ammo by 50% so in result i end up getting more kunai as throw and eventually ill get another stack of kunai as i recover the ones that dropped

so by setting it to " if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.10f)" instead you can avoid the duplication of kunai and it being all over the place when kunai is thrown for long periods of time.

Last edited:
ill try my best to explain....

int item = 0;
if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.66f)

this is apparently what you had for the kunai's projectile such as the tin and the iron for example...this basically determines the percent chance of it being recovered when it collides with a tile correct? If the "Use speed" is Fast the more kunai it throws the more likely they will be on the floor.

j4nNRTC.gif
WCj5spN.gif
Well... obviously? You throw more items, so more items... get... thrown.
But more items are consumed as well, because they're thrown. The only way to duplicate thrown items is if you add a chance to not consume them- this is unavoidable, since I can't detect if you have a non-consumption chance that isn't added by my mod, meaning I can't disable kunai drops if there's a chance to not consume items.

As well, even if I could, doing so would be incredibly unintuitive, and would mean that you'd actually consume MORE items on throw than if you didn't use the items that reduces consumption chance- since it's already 66%, that would essentially be replacing a 66% chance with a 15% chance, to use my Starsteel Hat item as an example. This would be true even if it was 50%, or even 40%, for the majority of cases, since most of the time accessories/armor wouldn't add more than 30% non-consumption chance.

Well... obviously? You throw more items, so more items... get... thrown.
But more items are consumed as well, because they're thrown. The only way to duplicate thrown items is if you add a chance to not consume them- this is unavoidable, since I can't detect if you have a non-consumption chance that isn't added by my mod, meaning I can't disable kunai drops if there's a chance to not consume items.

As well, even if I could, doing so would be incredibly unintuitive, and would mean that you'd actually consume MORE items on throw than if you didn't use the items that reduces consumption chance- since it's already 66%, that would essentially be replacing a 66% chance with a 15% chance, to use my Starsteel Hat item as an example. This would be true even if it was 50%, or even 40%, for the majority of cases, since most of the time accessories/armor wouldn't add more than 30% non-consumption chance.

the fossil Armor has a 50% non-consumption chance ..and im not saying to stop it from droping when it hits a tile that's not what i'm saying im saying reduce the chance of it falling on to the floor when it collides with something which is where the "NextFloat" comes in. since you can easily craft more with a single gold bar i didnt see why it was 66%

im not worried much about the use speed that is not really important.

To make it barebones on what im trying to say "Throw more Recover less when you can already craft 150 per Gold bar)

Last edited:
the fossil Armor has a 50% non-consumption chance ..and im not saying to stop it from droping when it hits a tile that's not what i'm saying im saying reduce the chance of it falling on to the floor when it collides with something which is where the "NextFloat" comes in. since you can easily craft more with a single gold bar i didnt see why it was 66%

im not worried much about the use speed that is not really important.

To make it barebones on what im trying to say "Throw more Recover less when you can already craft 150 per Gold bar)
I did forget the Fossil Armor had a 50% non-consumption chance. I may reduce the chances in the next update- though I'm burned out at the moment- but that wouldn't change much. If the recovery chance is 66%, 50%, 30% or 20%, duplication is still going to happen. The only thing that will change is how often it happens.

I did forget the Fossil Armor had a 50% non-consumption chance. I may reduce the chances in the next update- though I'm burned out at the moment- but that wouldn't change much. If the recovery chance is 66%, 50%, 30% or 20%, duplication is still going to happen. The only thing that will change is how often it happens.

i know its still going to happen but it will slow down the chances of adding up to another stack of 999 if ammo consumption armor or accessories are present and i been enjoying your MOD so far i think it has the most interesting weapons and really flesh out the game and gives more giving players more to tinker with <3

Back
Top Bottom