Mobile Old Controls should be an option

old controls should be an option

• yes

• no

• maybe

• let me think...

• what?

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah, are complicated but can be handled. the unique thing that i dont like is the new Jump button, it dont let attack while flying/jumping

I thought the same after checking the update, the controls are too small and I keep pressing some other buttons by mistake while in combat and the new jumping is worse than the old method, can we have an option to edit the buttons size, their position and turn them on and off? (and return the old jump)

Also the new crafting menu is confusing, I remember in the old mobile version there was a big menu with a huge list of recipes available from the start and I kept unlocking more of them, I don't even see a recipes menu in 1.3 or I'm stupid.

The game is very hard to play with the current controls so i will not play it for now and hope for a new update with better controls or customizable UI and judging by the amount of negative posts about the controls here, in Reddit and YouTube videos I think the devs will surely make a controls based update!

Asides from the controls everything else seems to be fine for me, I have a good framerate and I can create and play in the biggest worlds on my medium specs phone and I haven't noticed any bugs!

The new file structure is also good and now it's easier to move and edit worlds and our characters, if I'm not wrong the old version required root to mess with the save files.

I haven't tried converting an old world/character because my saves died along with my previous phone but I never use old saves in new updates anyway out of fear of glitching the game or corrupting it so yeah...

Last edited:
I thought the same after checking the update, the controls are too small and I keep pressing some other buttons by mistake while in combat and the new jumping is worse than the old method, can we have an option to edit the buttons size, their position and turn them on and off? (and return the old jump)

Also the new crafting menu is confusing, I remember in the old mobile version there was a big menu with a huge list of recipes available from the start and I kept unlocking more of them, I don't even see a recipes menu in 1.3 or I'm stupid.

The game is very hard to play with the current controls so i will not play it for now and hope for a new update with better controls or customizable UI and judging by the amount of negative posts about the controls here, in Reddit and YouTube videos I think the devs will surely make a controls based update!

Asides from the controls everything else seems to be fine for me, I have a good framerate and I can create and play in the biggest worlds on my medium specs phone and I haven't noticed any bugs!

The new file structure is also good and now it's easier to move and edit worlds and our characters, if I'm not wrong the old version required root to mess with the save files.

I haven't tried converting an old world/character because my saves died along with my previous phone but I never use old saves in new updates anyway out of fear of glitching the game or corrupting it so yeah...
That takes me back to the days I was farming Ocram

Yeah I would like to have the option to turn off any virtual controls I want, specially for those I never use. That's why I liked the simple and few old controls and played the game for countless hours with them.

I am in the same boat of disliking the new controls. Disliking it so much I am actively looking to revert to an older version. Anyone know where there's a place to find the 1.2 version? The popular one I use only has the trial version and of course I have already purchased the full version but Google Play Store doesn't hold on to older versions for you to download.

I am in the same boat of disliking the new controls. Disliking it so much I am actively looking to revert to an older version. Anyone know where there's a place to find the 1.2 version? The popular one I use only has the trial version and of course I have already purchased the full version but Google Play Store doesn't hold on to older versions for you to download.
I mentioned it in another thread, but thought I'd also post it here for anyone else that happens to stop by. You can have the old controls where it's just a left movement stick which jumps, and a right use stick now. Go into Settings>Controller>Edit Touch Controls and drag any sticks/buttons that you don't want up until they turn red. Then rename it and Apply.

IMG_3231.PNG

I personally like the new controls, once you learn and get used to them you can even configure them your own way to make everything easier. For instance if y my configure the left stick to flick to jump or something like that, you can jump/fly while shooting. It’s very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom