tModLoader Expanded Sentries

Not sticking? Sorry, I don't entirely know what you mean. Are you talking about them not appearing on the ground when you use them?
I tracked down the source of the trouble, so I'll try to explain better.
When I casted the sentries down, it'd appear for a second before it automatically decast itself.
The source of the issue was the mod 'Unlimited Buff Slots' for the record.

I tracked down the source of the trouble, so I'll try to explain better.
When I casted the sentries down, it'd appear for a second before it automatically decast itself.
The source of the issue was the mod 'Unlimited Buff Slots' for the record.
Alright, I tested this and this indeed does happen with that mod enabled. Now I don't know how much of this is on my end or that mod's end. I contacted the mod authors and hopefully we can figure this out. I can't promise for sure I'll be able to fix this, but I'll do what I can.

I'll have to update my mod to fix this. I intended to update when I had more content ready, but this will be a bonus on top of the bug fix. Although Unlimited Buff Slots may or may not be used much, it doesn't set right with me that a mod can break this one. Plus, if someone uses both mods, they may not even realize why their sentries are disappearing and may think my mod is broken and doesn't work.

Last edited:
The next update is now out. I been sitting on it for a while, waiting to get a specific weapon I wanted in, but the bug with Unlimited Buff Slots forced my hand sooner. The first post and wiki will be updated at some point.

- 0.971: Jungle Turret damage reduced from 14 to 11.
- Certain renamed items now have their original names in (), like "Burudoraiba (Aqua Spikes)".
- Resprited some more items and projectiles.
- Sentries drawing in the lighting value of the player instead of what the projectile should be should, especially noticeable in multiplayer, should finally be fixed.
- Suitable projectiles now count as cold damage. More so for the sake of completation than anything else.
- Added Titan Hardhat to work with Thorium's Titan armor set.
- Started process for adding in turrets to fit into the Loot Bags mod's tiered core weapons. So far just tier 1, Novice Turret, is in.
- Fixed offsets of Mythril and Orichalcum Hardhats when wore.
- Added the Vile Orb, a magic weapon that can drop from Corrupt Mimics, to give back for making the Clinger Staff into a sentry weapon.
- Turrets will no longer fire at enemies that cannot be hurt.
- Changed a line of code for the Active Sentries buff so it no longer ceases to function as intended when the Unlimited Buff Slots mod is loaded.
- Celestial Chip renamed to Pulsar Chip. Like with all other renames, this is a display name only change, not code name change, so anyone who already has this item won't lose it.
- Added tooltips to make it clear which accessories cannot be equipped with other accessories.

what version of tmodloader is needed for this mod
It should work for the latest version, v0.11.4, especially since I last updated this mod using that version. Still, I'm prepared for something going wrong and me releasing a hotfix to address it.

New.png
Great mod! Although lack of pre-moonlord armour is bad. But still it's a great mod and I'm thankful for it

Last edited:
Despite this mod not having been updated for some months now, I'm glad it is still going strong.

I haven't played or modded Terraria in about four months. Back in mid September, I had a hard drive failure completely out of left field. I am so glad I updated this mod when I did, otherwise those changes would have likely been lost. I'm still trying to save up to afford the hard drive repair and hopefully recover what I can. Among the lost data is a document containing plans for future updates for this mod. I can try to remember and come up with new plans, but it just isn't quite the same. I should note down time between updates is rarely spent modding so there won't be say, months worth of content for the upcoming update. That means this mod is still being worked on, but only sometimes.

I just started modding this again mere days ago. I already added features like config settings, since they're much easier to code with a newer update to tModLoader. Also, for a while now, thankfully also not lost due to sending to a friend, I've wanted to get another class mod up and going. What's mainly delaying the release is sprite work. I know I released this mod with my own sprites, but between then and now, there are people interested in spriting for my mods, so I rather have a better first impression with better looking sprites done by someone else.

View attachment 231979Great mod! Although lack of pre-moonlord armour is bad. But still it's a great mod and I'm thankful for it
Thanks! I wasn't even aware of this message being here till now. What do you mean lack of pre-Moon Lord armor? You're talking about post-Plantera where armors like Shroomite are a thing? Well, the Old One's Army armors are meant to fill in that slot between Chlorophyte armor and Pulsar armor.

Thanks! I wasn't even aware of this message being here till now. What do you mean lack of pre-Moon Lord armor? You're talking about post-Plantera where armors like Shroomite are a thing? Well, the Old One's Army armors are meant to fill in that slot between Chlorophyte armor and Pulsar armor.
Oh, that makes so much sense! Thanks!

I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THIS MOD. I registered for an account just to tell you how much I enjoy this mod. Pls keep working on it 😁

I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THIS MOD. I registered for an account just to tell you how much I enjoy this mod. Pls keep working on it 😁
Thank you very much! I'm slowly finding out more about the people who are fans of this mod. I do have some plans for the next update, the biggest one a legendary turret in the style of a JoostMod style legendaries. It should hopefully, for the time being, help with some post Moon Lord bosses since currently, Expanded Sentries doesn't have great DPS pass that point. However, this mod is second priority for the moment as I work on getting a new class mod out there. It doesn't mean work on this is stopping.

I have been meaning to say this for a while, I find this mod great fun, very good. my run with it has been... like a month back but I still remember enjoying it greatly.
I did it along with JPAN with Calamity and a few other mods to try and make surviving beyond this mods reasonable Moonlord limit a possibility. and we got far... still halfway through Post Moonlord Calamity it was basically impossible for many reasons of which non of them were this mods fault.
I am looking forward to your stuff TheLoneGamer, specially that new class mod : ).

I have been meaning to say this for a while, I find this mod great fun, very good. my run with it has been... like a month back but I still remember enjoying it greatly.
I did it along with JPAN with Calamity and a few other mods to try and make surviving beyond this mods reasonable Moonlord limit a possibility. and we got far... still halfway through Post Moonlord Calamity it was basically impossible for many reasons of which non of them were this mods fault.
I am looking forward to your stuff TheLoneGamer, specially that new class mod : ).
Thank you very much! My reply here is much later than intended, but here we are. I'm still not entirely sure how I want to handle post Moon Lord content yet, but ideally something that can handle Calamity's bosses pass that point.

I'm really excited to get my new class mod out. It's just missing some sprites for items here and there before I make a first release of it.

Hello! It would appear that a weird issue with Unlimited Buffs has resurfaced in my case. For example, Diamond Layer's sentry will despawn immediately upon killing a single enemy, which seemed to not be the case initially, beforehand it seemed to work properly, but after an accidental game crash it started happening. I tried deleting the mods completely and reinstalling them and that didn't help either. Is there something I could do to fix this on my end or it's something on the side of the mods?

Edit: I noticed that damage type seems to change on the final hit that causes the sentry to despawn, the damage generally is pink for sentry damage type, but when the sentry kills the enemy it deals white damage and then despawns. Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

Double Edit: It seems like the issue persists with some Thorium weapons aswell, for example the bongos refuse to deal damage to more than one target at a time, yet again rendering damage to "true" damage instead of symphonic on killing blow. Unlimited Buffs definitely seems to be the culprit in these weird behaviors across multiple mods.

Last edited:
Hello! It would appear that a weird issue with Unlimited Buffs has resurfaced in my case. For example, Diamond Layer's sentry will despawn immediately upon killing a single enemy, which seemed to not be the case initially, beforehand it seemed to work properly, but after an accidental game crash it started happening. I tried deleting the mods completely and reinstalling them and that didn't help either. Is there something I could do to fix this on my end or it's something on the side of the mods?

Edit: I noticed that damage type seems to change on the final hit that causes the sentry to despawn, the damage generally is pink for sentry damage type, but when the sentry kills the enemy it deals white damage and then despawns. Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

Double Edit: It seems like the issue persists with some Thorium weapons aswell, for example the bongos refuse to deal damage to more than one target at a time, yet again rendering damage to "true" damage instead of symphonic on killing blow. Unlimited Buffs definitely seems to be the culprit in these weird behaviors across multiple mods.
At least when I did a brief test run with this mod, Thorium, and Unlimited Buffs, I did not encounter these issues. Perhaps it takes some time for these issues to pop up? It sounds like from the nature of things, it's not really something I can easily, if at all, fix on my end. Maybe another mod caused these issues?

At least when I did a brief test run with this mod, Thorium, and Unlimited Buffs, I did not encounter these issues. Perhaps it takes some time for these issues to pop up? It sounds like from the nature of things, it's not really something I can easily, if at all, fix on my end. Maybe another mod caused these issues?
It's difficult to tell, it just seems like without Unlimited buffs all weapons behave as per usual, it feels like some mod maybe has gotten corrupted on game crash that I mentioned before as it didn't occur until then. The most probable ones being redownloaded hasn't solved the issue but I guess I'll spend a day testing every mod I have enabled separately and see if the bug will dissapear or persist as long as UB is enabled.

Okay, it has been quite a while since the last update, I know. Just to be clear, this mod isn't dead, but rather on hiatus. That's not to say no work has been done on the mod this whole time. In fact, a next update is very close to ready, just need a few more sprites done. Just like before, this long delay between releases doesn't mean that I've been working on the mod for that long or that there's several months worth of new content coming.

So, the big announcement and why I'm making this post, is that I now finally set up a Discord server for this and my other mods. This doesn't mean I'm mostly giving up on this forum thread. However, I'll likely be posting smaller news bits about my mods that wouldn't be very suitable for making post after post on here for.

is there like, a progression chart for this mod? i wanna get into it but i dont know if im missing out on items or what i should be going for

Back
Top Bottom