Items Rocket Accessories

Megablademe

Terrarian
This is my first post on this forum,and I haven't seen any section about suggestions,so sorry in advance if I misplaced this thread.

You know ranger has 3 sub-classes:gunslinger,archer,and rocketman;and out of those 3,one feels a bit forgotten,so let's make rockets cool again!So I suggest adding a few accessories to spice the gameplay up.

Faulty Missile Rack (dropped by Commando Skeleton,same chance as rocket launcher)
- every 3 direct hits,2 mini missiles fly out of the rack,homing in on the enemy hit and exploding in a small blast,each dealing 25% of the weapon's damage

Eco-Friendly Propellant (dropped by any jungle mob with a 0.5%/1% chance)
- greatly increased rocket velocity
- critical strikes have increased blast radius and spread small shrapnel,each fragment dealing 5 damage

Combine the Eco-Friendly Propellant,Faulty Missile Rack a Jetpack and a Destroyer Emblem and you create the Ultimate Explosive Mayhem

Ultimate Explosive Mayhem
- every other direct hit,4-6 mini missiles home on the hit enemy and close enemies,each dealing 33% of the weapons's damage
- +10% increased rocket damage and crit strike
- critical strikes have double blast radius and spread small shrapnel,each fragment dealing 8 damage
- greatly increased rocket velocity
- +33% increased rocket stats while mid air

I think this would be quite good,and if it's OP just tweak the numbers a bit and it'll be fine,but rockets are so underpowered and could be made so cool.

The problem with Rockets isn't that they are bad, it's the fact that there are exactly 4 usable Rocket Launchers (Stynger, Jack'O Lantern, Electrosphere and Snowman) and besides the last two none of them are particularly good. Bows and Guns also happen to be the best weapon types in the game, and that makes them look even weaker.

I do like the ideas though, especially the Faulty Missile Rack, but if I had to make Rocket Launchers good i'd make more of them and not limit them to Post Plantera but early Hardmode instead.

I like that Risk of Rain reference :)
The problem with Rockets isn't that they are bad, it's the fact that there are exactly 4 usable Rocket Launchers (Stynger, Jack'O Lantern, Electrosphere and Snowman) and besides the last two none of them are particularly good. Bows and Guns also happen to be the best weapon types in the game, and that makes them look even weaker.

I do like the ideas though, especially the Faulty Missile Rack, but if I had to make Rocket Launchers good i'd make more of them and not limit them to Post Plantera but early Hardmode instead.
There are the Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, and Proxy Mine Launcher, but I can see why not everyone would like them. They're good for the dungeon because of their high damage and crowd control (the grenade launcher in particular as you can bounce them off walls to go around corners) but I can't think of any other use for them except maybe spamming the heck out of the proxy mine launcher during early hardmode invasions (key word: early)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
Note the word "usable". Those three could be early hardmode weapons and even then they wouldn't be that good.
I was helping to defend your argument, didn't you notice the extremely niche scenarios I gave? Those are basically the only times I have found them useful.

Back
Top Bottom