Weapons & Equip Buff Lava Waders.

The Only Enemy That Really Uses Fire Against You Is The Drakomire, Not Counting The Pillar Itself, Sroller Yeets Itself At You, Selenians And Corites Dash At You, Drakanian What The Hell Is That Lol, And Crawltipedes Just Kinda Exist Until You Get Into The Air, Then They Murder You.
An accessory that's pre-boss shouldn't serve you for such a ridiculously long time with that much power. I can't think of a single vanilla accessory that does this.

Reactions: Bry
An accessory that's pre-boss shouldn't serve you for such a ridiculously long time with that much power. I can't think of a single vanilla accessory that does this.
As Much As I Am Loathe To Say This, But Just Add The Souls Of The Three Mech Bosses, Like They Did With Avenger Emblem Or Pickaxe Axe (Such A Stupid Name) Or Drax.

I Mean, Normally I'm Not One To Say "Just Add Something From A Certain Point In The Game And Bam Fixed" But Eh.

The Only Enemy That Really Uses Fire Against You Is The Drakomire, Not Counting The Pillar Itself, Sroller Yeets Itself At You, Selenians And Corites Dash At You, Drakanian What The Hell Is That Lol, And Crawltipedes Just Kinda Exist Until You Get Into The Air, Then They Murder You.
I could honestly argue that literally every orange bit on them is pretty damn hot, especially the spears and spikes on enemies (plus I'm pretty sure the Corite "fireballs" at you?), and a lot of other people probably would, too.
It would be weird to NOT affect the Solar Pillar, but it would be way too powerful, which is why just reducing damage would be better. That way, you could apply it to impure fires and still not have it be wildly powerful, while also being more convenient.

As Much As I Am Loathe To Say This, But Just Add The Souls Of The Three Mech Bosses, Like They Did With Avenger Emblem Or Pickaxe Axe (Such A Stupid Name) Or Drax.

I Mean, Normally I'm Not One To Say "Just Add Something From A Certain Point In The Game And Bam Fixed" But Eh.
The avenger emblem had the souls added to the recipe to reduce grinding (you originally just needed to combine the ranger, mage, and warrior emblems, which was incredibly tedious unless you literally lived in the underworld). That does the exact opposite.

I could honestly argue that literally every orange bit on them is pretty damn hot, especially the spears and spikes on enemies (plus I'm pretty sure the Corite "fireballs" at you?), and a lot of other people probably would, too.
It would be weird to NOT affect the Solar Pillar, but it would be way too powerful, which is why just reducing damage would be better. That way, you could apply it to impure fires and still not have it be wildly powerful, while also being more convenient.
Ok, So 99% Sounds Reasonable.

I Feel Like 33% Would Be Pretty Balanced, Along With Providing Immunity To On Fire, Shadowflame (Actually, Can That Even Be Inflicted On Your Character?) And Curseflame.

The avenger emblem had the souls added to the recipe to reduce grinding (you originally just needed to combine the ranger, mage, and warrior emblems, which was incredibly tedious unless you literally lived in the underworld). That does the exact opposite.
Yea, I Know That You Used To Need To Combine All Three Accessories To Make It, But How Does Doing Exactly That With This Create The Opposite Effect?

I Feel Like 33% Would Be Pretty Balanced, Along With Providing Immunity To On Fire, Shadowflame (Actually, Can That Even Be Inflicted On Your Character?) And Curseflame.

Yea, I Know That You Used To Need To Combine All Three Accessories To Make It, But How Does Doing Exactly That With This Create The Opposite Effect?
You already have to grind a lot to get your proposed item (with the rose and lava charm involved) and adding the souls just adds more grinding.

So, You're Saying That Just Because You Don't Like It, You Won't Bother Trying To Make It Any Sort Of Better

In A Thread About Buffing The Lava Waders

That You Made
It's a straight nerf to the lava waders, because you're adding a competitor which is infinitely superior and is applicable everywhere, not just in hell.

Maybe for the debuffs, just lower their tick damage by 1 and you'd be golden; it still grants complete immunity to On Fire, but halves Cursed Inferno's damage and cuts Shadowflame's by 20%. That way, you can't erase both debuffs from existence before you even get to them.
It's a straight nerf to the lava waders, because you're adding a competitor which is infinitely superior and is applicable everywhere, not just in hell.
Bad idea train, passin' on through: you could throw a nerfed F.P. Charm into the Lava Waders (Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Rose + Lava Charm).
•Ability to walk on water, lava and fire blocks
•10 seconds of immunity to lava
•Reduced damage from heat sources (37.5% reduced damage from lava, 20% reduced damage from all other heat sources)
That's definitely way too much on one item, but it at least solves your obsoletion problem. (Thinking on it now? You could probably also throw the Ice Skates in there so you can just walk on anything except Honey unhindered while also getting that Icefire combo
EscenceEeeeeh.png
). Yes, I know the boots DO also allow walking on Honey, but honestly that makes no sense.

Maybe for the debuffs, just lower their tick damage by 1 and you'd be golden; it still grants complete immunity to On Fire, but halves Cursed Inferno's damage and cuts Shadowflame's by 20%. That way, you can't erase both debuffs from existence before you even get to them.

Bad idea train, passin' on through: you could throw a nerfed F.P. Charm into the Lava Waders (Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Rose + Lava Charm).
•Ability to walk on water, lava and fire blocks
•10 seconds of immunity to lava
•Reduced damage from heat sources (37.5% reduced damage from lava, 20% reduced damage from all other heat sources)
That's definitely way too much on one item, but it at least solves your obsoletion problem. (Thinking on it now? You could probably also throw the Ice Skates in there so you can just walk on anything except Honey unhindered while also getting that Icefire combo View attachment 231293). Yes, I know the boots DO also allow walking on Honey, but honestly that makes no sense.
But that gets rid of my idea for the obsidian rose to allow you to treat lava like honey.

Back
Top Bottom