Game Mechanics Creative Mode

Why not just have it to where you can make a world in creative mode, but that world must always be in creative mode, you cant just swap back to survival after grabbing items.

Why not just have it to where you can make a world in creative mode, but that world must always be in creative mode, you cant just swap back to survival after grabbing items.

but characters are seperate from worlds so if you made a world in creative you could play that world as a character, grab stuff from it and then swap back to a normal world

but characters are seperate from worlds so if you made a world in creative you could play that world as a character, grab stuff from it and then swap back to a normal world
Cenx did say creative of some kind is coming... I trust that they'll come up with something more innovative than just ordinary creative mode.

I would not like it either, but here's the thing. If it was an option unlocked from the start, 99% of the time it would just be used by people to give themselves endgame items such as the Last Prism, completely ruining the game. If there was any way to have it unlocked from the start and simply have an anti-noob function, I would put it there...!

Wait, I just realised! How about this? Creative mode becomes avalible from the get-go. However, you can only place/use/summon/insert action verb here items you have already obtained. You will need to kill an enemy in order to become immune to it, and the same logic applies to bosses. Blocks cannot be broken until onw finds a pickaxe strong enough to mine it, to prevent premature Golem fights. In addition, the Creative Manipulator cannot be obtained until killing the Moon Lord. Thus, people can't just spawn in a Last Prism and be done with it!
OH MY GOODNESS YES! I have been theorizing what the Creative mode should be like, and this was the best option I came up with! This mode would not only make it easier to beat the game, (because you have infinite ore, wood, etc.) but you still have to be able to beat it! This would be the perfect Creative mode, in my opinion. It doesn't ruin the game for noobs, but it makes it slightly easier, therefore creating an easier foothold for tentative players. A traditional creative mode in Terraira, would, I think, completely ruin the game, because Terraria is more about adventure than actually building. It makes more sense for something like Minecraft because that game is almost completely about building, and less about adventure. A creative mode here, where you still have to earn stuff, would be much more in keeping with the whole, "adventure" theme of Terraria.

I have an idea. If you add a creative mode, it could be like adventure mode. You can only use Creative mode characters on Creative mode worlds, and you do not have items or weapons (or anything other than builder stuff) in your inventory. Any characters can go on creative worlds, but creative characters can only go on creative worlds.
Alternatively, there could only be creative mode characters - who can go on any world - but they only have access to building supplies, and may not open chests or other storage.

Thank you for reading:merchantwink:

I have an idea. If you add a creative mode, it could be like adventure mode. You can only use Creative mode characters on Creative mode worlds, and you do not have items or weapons (or anything other than builder stuff) in your inventory. Any characters can go on creative worlds, but creative characters can only go on creative worlds.
Alternatively, there could only be creative mode characters - who can go on any world - but they only have access to building supplies, and may not open chests or other storage.

Thank you for reading:merchantwink:
There already is a creative mode in Terraria 1.4, Journey Mode, so you don't need to make more suggestions.

pineapple
Hi @DaPineapple, it may be that saying “pineapple” as a response indicates something to you, but for here in these discussion threads it just comes off as offtopic and lack of content, which is not permitted. If you are posting in a thread, the message needs to be relevant to the topic. Just something to keep in mind going forward.

I would not like it either, but here's the thing. If it was an option unlocked from the start, 99% of the time it would just be used by people to give themselves endgame items such as the Last Prism, completely ruining the game. If there was any way to have it unlocked from the start and simply have an anti-noob function, I would put it there...!

Wait, I just realised! How about this? Creative mode becomes avalible from the get-go. However, you can only place/use/summon/insert action verb here items you have already obtained. You will need to kill an enemy in order to become immune to it, and the same logic applies to bosses. Blocks cannot be broken until onw finds a pickaxe strong enough to mine it, to prevent premature Golem fights. In addition, the Creative Manipulator cannot be obtained until killing the Moon Lord. Thus, people can't just spawn in a Last Prism and be done with it!
you were surprisingly close to what they actually decided to do, journey mode only lets you duplicate an item infinitely if you have gotten it a certain number of times, although god mode works on everything right from the start

Back
Top Bottom