Standalone [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

1578772528227.png

some help? downloaded the version a couple of days ago

Hello! I just have a question on what could be the source of the error i'm receiving mentioned below. To be specific, this error pops up in the console whenever the game tries to make a new world, specifically getting stuck on the "making the world more wet" phrase or something like that. I know it has to do with the calamity mod, but in particular it doesn't show this error when using the 11.6.2 32 bit tmodloader version, despite the same calamity mod version being used.

[16:05:30] [8/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.TileObject.Place(TileObject toBePlaced)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Boolean forced, Int32 plr, Int32 style)
at CalamityMod.World.SunkenSea.AddTileVariance(ClusterGroup clusters, Point start, Vector2 scale, Single size) in CalamityMod\World\SunkenSea.cs:line 560
at CalamityMod.World.SunkenSea.Place(Point origin) in CalamityMod\World\SunkenSea.cs:line 585
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Hello! I just have a question on what could be the source of the error i'm receiving mentioned below. To be specific, this error pops up in the console whenever the game tries to make a new world, specifically getting stuck on the "making the world more wet" phrase or something like that. I know it has to do with the calamity mod, but in particular it doesn't show this error when using the 11.6.2 32 bit tmodloader version, despite the same calamity mod version being used.

[16:05:30] [8/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Boolean forced, Int32 plr, Int32 style)
at CalamityMod.World.SunkenSea.AddTileVariance(ClusterGroup clusters, Point start, Vector2 scale, Single size) in CalamityMod\World\SunkenSea.cs:line 560
at CalamityMod.World.SunkenSea.Place(Point origin) in CalamityMod\World\SunkenSea.cs:line 585
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
Does it happen with calamity alone?

Also I assume 0.11.6.1 64bit? Cause if it's the case then there might be some mod that conflict.

Last edited:
Yes, this is with the 0.11.6.1 64 bit version. It's strange, i'm not getting that error anymore with calamity mod after disabling, but I'm getting a new error at around the same area mentioned previously (the "placing statues" part)
[16:49:18] [15/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass260_0.<generateWorld>b__53(GenerationProgress progress)

I also get an error after a bit saying that "EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync." but i don't think that is an issue, but wanted to mention it just in case

Yes, this is with the 0.11.6.1 64 bit version. It's strange, i'm not getting that error anymore with calamity mod after disabling, but I'm getting a new error at around the same area mentioned previously (the "placing statues" part)
[16:49:18] [15/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass260_0.<generateWorld>b__53(GenerationProgress progress)

I also get an error after a bit saying that "EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync." but i don't think that is an issue, but wanted to mention it just in case
How many mod are you using exactly?

So, I just finished copying the tML file contents into the vanilla terraria folder in my directory, and i tried launching up the game, only to come across this error in the console whenever i get to the beginning of the mod loading sequence. If anyone here could please tell me what the error means, and how to fix it I'd be very grateful:happy:. Here's what keeps appearing in the console:

Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.SwapBuffers(Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Nullable`1 destinationRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindowHandle)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.EndDraw()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RedrawWindow()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.Win32OnPaint(IntPtr func, IntPtr evtPtr)

I have no experience reading through errors/debugging reports. So i'm kinda like a caveman here...:confused:

EDIT: Note that I have been playing on the x32 version of the Tmodloader for awhile now, and that version worked great except for all the out of memory errors i was getting. (Hence as to why i made the swap to 64x). And in case it helps, here are my computer specs:

Code:
Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Model:  UX305FA
    Form Factor: Laptop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) M-5Y10c CPU @ 0.80GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x3d
    CPU Stepping:  0x4
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  998 Mhz
    4 logical processors
    2 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    AVX2:  Supported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Unsupported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300
    DirectX Driver Name:  igdumdim32.dll
    Driver Version:  20.19.15.4531
    DirectX Driver Version:  20.19.15.4531
    Driver Date: 9 29 2016
    OpenGL Version: 4.4
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300
    VendorID:  0x8086
    DeviceID:  0x161e
    Revision:  0x9
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Primary Display Size: 11.54" x 6.50" (13.23" diag)
                                            29.3cm x 16.5cm (33.6cm diag)
    Primary Bus Type Not Detected
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Speakers (Conexant SmartAudio H

Memory:
    RAM:  8094 Mb

EDIT2: After some more trial and error, and a little more memory allocation to Terraria. I've concluded that running the game full-screen, and then using a task or hitting a key that minimizes the game from the full-screen state causes the error to occur. It seems that as long as I don't exit the game in any manner while playing, or for as long as I run the game windowed I can get away with loading to a world. But I still have no clue as to why this error is appearing in the first place...

Last edited:
So, I just finished copying the tML file contents into the vanilla terraria folder in my directory, and i tried launching up the game, only to come across this error in the console whenever i get to the beginning of the mod loading sequence. If anyone here could please tell me what the error means, and how to fix it I'd be very grateful:happy:. Here's what keeps appearing in the console:

Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.SwapBuffers(Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Nullable`1 destinationRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindowHandle)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.EndDraw()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RedrawWindow()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.Win32OnPaint(IntPtr func, IntPtr evtPtr)

I have no experience reading through errors/debugging reports. So i'm kinda like a caveman here...:confused:

EDIT: Note that I have been playing on the x32 version of the Tmodloader for awhile now, and that version worked great except for all the out of memory errors i was getting. (Hence as to why i made the swap to 64x). And in case it helps, here are my computer specs:

Code:
Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Model:  UX305FA
    Form Factor: Laptop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) M-5Y10c CPU @ 0.80GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x3d
    CPU Stepping:  0x4
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  998 Mhz
    4 logical processors
    2 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    AVX2:  Supported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Unsupported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300
    DirectX Driver Name:  igdumdim32.dll
    Driver Version:  20.19.15.4531
    DirectX Driver Version:  20.19.15.4531
    Driver Date: 9 29 2016
    OpenGL Version: 4.4
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300
    VendorID:  0x8086
    DeviceID:  0x161e
    Revision:  0x9
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Primary Display Size: 11.54" x 6.50" (13.23" diag)
                                            29.3cm x 16.5cm (33.6cm diag)
    Primary Bus Type Not Detected
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Speakers (Conexant SmartAudio H

Memory:
    RAM:  8094 Mb

EDIT2: After some more trial and error, and a little more memory allocation to Terraria. I've concluded that running the game full-screen, and then using a task or hitting a key that minimizes the game from the full-screen state causes the error to occur. It seems that as long as I don't exit the game in any manner while playing, or for as long as I run the game windowed I can get away with loading to a world. But I still have no clue as to why this error is appearing in the first place...
That is an interesting one actually, not the usual FAudio error we get. Mind joining the discord? I want more info on that.

Send the mod pack, you have the mod that we are searching for that crash calamity sunken sea.

That is an interesting one actually, not the usual FAudio error we get. Mind joining the discord? I want more info on that.
Sure thing, I'll join up tomarrow as it's kinda late at night for me now lol.

Thanks for the reply btw, nice to know that the service on mod repair is efficient. :)

I've really gotten to grow appreciative of anyone who attains to maintenance on anything like this (especially with the utmost vigilance.:D)

Back
Top Bottom