Sprites Master mode Enhanced Expert drops.

Poll poll roll

• Amazing ideas, I love all of them.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I like the concept, but some of these items are not great.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It's ok, but I'm not really too fond of this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WHERE'S MY MASTER EXCLUSIVE ITEMS!? (I don't like this)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Storm

Golem
This suggestion has been partially implemented into my mod: tModLoader - Storm Diver's Additions and Changes (Expert mode Betsy flame only)

Hello once again, before you kill me please hear what I have to say. I had these ideas for a while, and I thought I’d share them here:

First of all let’s give Betsy and the Penguin Lunatic Cultist some love, I have come up with some probably overpowered ideas of what their exclusive expert drop could be:

Betsy
Betsy’s flame core:

5Q3WNEB.png

Increases flight time of all wings by 1.75x, while flying you constantly drop fireballs below.

Lunatic Cultist
Lunatic Doll

99SWlkn.png

(Isn't it adorable?)
Spawns 2 lunatic clones either side of you which can fire homing shadow fireballs at enemies. Taking damage causes one to disappear, but it respawns after 5 seconds.

Now onto the next part; this idea will probably be very controversial but hear me out. I was thinking that all expert exclusive items could receive a buff in Master mode, with more menacing sprites and stats. If they are bought to an expert or normal mode world they will revert back to their original form.

King slime
Master Royal Gel:

WdeoP4A.png

Makes all slimes passive, plus any slimes close by will defend you by attacking enemies.

Eye of Cthulhu
Master Shield of Cthulhu:

hcMHaw2.png

Allows for longer dashes and fire a projectile every 2 dashes.

Eater of Worlds
Master Worm Scarf:

lEKHz4f.png

Provides 25% damage reduction and reflects 10% of damage back to the enemy.

Brain of Cthulhu
Master Brain of Confusion:

kJwQT4I.png

Always inflicts confusion when hit, larger radius. Can manually inflict the debuff with a hotkey.

Skeletron
Master Bone glove:

arETXcq.png

(Never ask me to draw hands)
Deals more damage, pierces up to 7 enemies and fires faster. 50% chance not to consume bone.

Queen Bee
Master Hive pack:

rKAjWnv.png

All bees are enhanced, and 50% of attacks cause bees to appear.

Wall of Flesh
Master Demon Heart:

7LL4WJZ.png

Gives 2 extra accessory slots.

(For the Mechanical bosses, I have given them enhanced drops from this suggestion: Sprites - New expert mode drops for Mechanical bosses.)

The Destroyer
Master Mechanical Cart:

FWFbg95.png

Defense boost starts at 10 and goes up to 20, lasers deal more damage and travels even faster. Lasers can fire in any direction.

The Twins
Master Enhanced Visor:

Msn5tUi.png

Greatly increased night vision to the point where being in total darkness allows you to see the same as on the surface, permanently shows the location of all enemies and traps. Also makes all enemy projectiles very bright and easy to see.

Skeletron prime
Master Suspicious spinning device:

dIe9ncX.png

Summons 4 skulls which orbit you which deal increased damage against mobs, 75% chance to deflect projectiles with an 8 second cooldown.

Plantera
Master Spore sac:

tjwAJWr.png

(I think I went overkill with this sprite)
Spores deal more damage, travel faster and can occasionally fire leaf projectiles at enemies.

Golem:
Master Shiny stone:

VV0Ndmw.png

Can use weapons without interrupting the regen process. Moving only halves the effectiveness of it. (This may be overpowered, but who knows how much master enemies will hit for)

Duke Fishron:
Master Shrimpy truffle:

IPIjCZZ.png

Travels much faster and water buff lasts much longer out of water. Damage buff is doubled.

Betsy
Master Betsy’s flame core:

IPvVfbR.png

Increases the flight time of wings by 2x, leaves behind lingering fireballs when in contact with blocks.

Lunatic Cultist
Master Lunatic Doll:

56kN4v4.png

(Someone put this thing out of its misery please)
Spawns 4 clones which fire out both shadow fireballs and Ancient light.

Moon Lord
Master Suspicious looking tentacle:

cDJWblb.png

(Don't you dare...)
Provides much more light and gives a permeant spelunker effect, also fires bolts at enemies if attacked.

Master Gravity globe:

xhO5yGv.png

Allows you to reverse gravity at any time, flips the player instead of the world (this should apply for all gravitation items on all difficulties), also applies distorted to nearby enemies when you flip the gravity.

Also here's a little comparison between the expert and master sprites:
Expert SpriteMaster Sprite
Royal Gel
WdeoP4A.png
Shield of Cthulhu
hcMHaw2.png
Worm Scarf
lEKHz4f.png
Brain of Confusion
kJwQT4I.png
Bone Glove
arETXcq.png
Hive Pack
rKAjWnv.png
Demon Heart
7LL4WJZ.png
Hh990K5.png
dIe9ncX.png
e6ACM2f.png
Msn5tUi.png
Mechanical Cart
FWFbg95.png
Spore Sac
tjwAJWr.png
Shiny Stone
VV0Ndmw.png
Shrimpy Truffle
IPIjCZZ.png
5Q3WNEB.png
IPvVfbR.png
99SWlkn.png
56kN4v4.png
Suspicious Looking Tentacle
cDJWblb.png
Gravity Globe
xhO5yGv.png

This is all for now, perhaps soon I’ll make a thread for Master-mode exclusive items, but we’ll have to wait and see. I know some of these ideas might be lazy or very unbalanced, but that’s what you’re all for, to tell me which are and aren’t.

Last edited:
That's not an upgrade, that's just making a necessary quality of life change to make gravitation items less painful and sickening to use.
Agreed, that should be on all difficulties for all gravitation items, I really do hate how they made gravitation potion nauseating.

Last edited:
Besty
Master Besty’s flame core:

sd8OTRz.png

Triples the flight time of wings (maybe too overpowered), leaves behind lingering fireballs when in contact with blocks.
Aaww, I didn't know you two were so close.
I'd say you should make the Flame Core increase flight time by 1.75x in Expert Mode and 2x in Master mode. Those are still pretty significant changes and still aren't 100% outclassed by the Frog Legs, but aren't absolutely :red:ing insane.

The rest of these are amazing, though I think the Brain of Confusion still needs an Expert Mode change.

Aaww, I didn't know you two were so close.
I'd say you should make the Flame Core increase flight time by 1.75x in Expert Mode and 2x in Master mode. Those are still pretty significant changes and still aren't 100% outclassed by the Frog Legs, but aren't absolutely :red:ing insane.

The rest of these are amazing, though I think the Brain of Confusion still needs an Expert Mode change.
Of course, we've been best friends for years
I don't know why but I always keep calling Betsy "Besty"
So does the Gravity globe, perhaps I'll come up with some changes, or the master enhancement for both is their expert usage, and I'll have to buff then further for Master.
And 1.75x and 2x flight time does seem more balanced.

I like how you actually recognized Betsy needed an Expert mode drop.

The two new items look unique and balanced, and the Master enhancements don't look too broken, besides maybe that Hive Pack that gives Super Bees to everything.

Back
Top Bottom