Weapons & Equip Fixing the dumpster fire that is Bee armor

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
So, you somehow played summoner till the Jungle. With your trusty Slime Staff and nothing else, you face off against the QB, using a Boomstick as your second weapon, despite your disdain for impurity. After vanquishing the Queen, you are awarded with what you needed this entire time, Bee Wax!
You craft the Bee armor and a Hornet Staff, and, well, :red:.
I wasted my time with this.

So, let me get this straight.
Wearing a full set of Bee armor, which has measly defense, will allow you to summon 3 measly hornets, which each deal around 11 damage (due to the armor boost), totaling to about 33 damage.
That's soooooooo good!
Let me fix the dumpster fire that is bee armor first.
1580065425807.png

Old stats: 13 defense, +23 (4%, 4%, 5% for the pieces, 10% for the set)% summon damage, +2 summons
NEW stats: 15 defense, +30%(now 6%, 6% and 7% for the pieces, and 11% for the set) summon damage, +2 summons, health regen now 3hp/sec
The health regen bonus is there for the fact that this is a honeysuit.

Now the hornet staff deals 12 damage now. The damage count is abnormally low for this stage of the game. I don't see why, but I didn't make it a lot.

Now, here are the new stats for your set:
The bees now total to 35 damage, which is much better than before.

This doesn't help Pre-Hardmode Summoner, in fact you fixed the wrong issue with it. You basically broke the armor set in half by giving it Hardmode stats, but all the Pre-Hardmode minions are still terrible and they can't get any better because this armor set would make them extremely powerful.

The armor is already good, what you'd need is something like making Hornet Staff have 18 base damage, and making Imp Staff fire more often than twice a day.

The armour stats before this were already good. The problem is the Hornet staffs damage and overall uses.

Maybe add some unique features to the Hornet Staff?

While playing as a summoner, I don't rely only on the summons in combat, I most likelly have another weapon to help deal some damage.
Beside I also think that the Bee Staff is the problem actually. Even though it inflicts poison damage, the dps caused by it isn't so great to explain the low damage.
As for the Imp Staff, It seems to enter in overdrive sometimes, making it shot several times in a row before cooldown.

As for the Slime Staff... I'd say that the only purpose it has is to farm coins with the Lucky Coin accessory.

3hp/sec life regen is very strong equivalent to 6 bands of regeneration or 1.5 Regen potions or triple the rate from standing in honey. You literally just made bee armor the tankiest set in pre hardmode.

Bee armor doesn't really need a buff maybe just buff hornet damage a bit.

crimson armor's regen boost is a bit weird it's not a fixed amount like most other forms of regen

It takes a full minute of not taking damage to reach 4.5hp/sec life regen bonus on natural regen crimson armor reduces this to 30 sec.
This amount is increased by 25% when not moving reduced by 50% when moving
Crimson armor applies an additional 50% bonus to natural regen.

In other words if you are moving around a lot and are well fed you will get a a regen rate around 3hp/sec after 30 seconds of not taking damage with crimson compared to natural regen which would be like 1.5hp/s after 30 seconds of avoiding damage

The bee armor suggested was 3hp/s fixed so basicly uncondition full crimson armor regen when moving.

edit: the bee armor would still get the natural regen of 1.5hp/s so it is actually even stronger than crimsons regen when moving

I like where crimson armor is right now with molten and crimson being the defense orient armors, wheras the other sets have more offense stats. Punpkin armor exists if you want a 10% damage bonus.
I always forget about the Pumpkin armour, as pumpkins only grow naturally for 1/12th of the year and the rest of the time I only buy pumpkin seeds for the Pumpkin moon post Plantera.

Back
Top Bottom