Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried drawing a historical armor featuring a houndskull helmet and some chain mail around the chest and the arms. Didn't turn out too bad.

Attachments

• TerrariaContest_Houndskull_by_Spriteling.png
    TerrariaContest_Houndskull_by_Spriteling.png
    442 bytes · Views: 96
  • TerrariaContest_Houndskull_upscaled_by_Spriteling.png
    TerrariaContest_Houndskull_upscaled_by_Spriteling.png
    763 bytes · Views: 97
I'm garbage at drawing, and I know that references to other games aren't likely to make it in, but I thought I might as well try. Similarly to the Hero's outfit (an obvious reference to TLOZ), I think it would be cool to have an outfit aptly named The "Lord's Set" with a similar style to Roy from the Fire Emblem series. It could be different colors to avoid a lawsuit but have dyeing capabilities to look like the original thing. The headgear would be a blue headband with orange hair, the torso would be the main armor piece and cape, and the legs would be the simple leggings with boots. I have been a big fan of Fire Emblem for quite some time and I would really love to see some non lawsuit prone nod to the series, so I figured this contest would be the perfect way to show off my
idea.
roy terraria.png

armor set that kinda looks like demonite armor but ofcource its a vanity set so its supposed to look cooler which i think it does.
i love terraria and its been one of my favourite childhood games i really think this looks cool but its up to the people that actually look at the stuff so.
atleast i think i did a great job for not having real drawing skills and i think the helmet looks really fitting with the horns with the theme, also info about the costume: a great looking vanity item, wonder who made it.
it needs some serious polishing but when it gets through in the top 3 or so i think it will look 10 times better IF it were to come in the game
btw sorry for the helmet being a little bit weird placed, just didnt feel the need to do it since... nobody is goign to put it 2 meters of the persons head

Attachments

• absolute cool armor.png
    absolute cool armor.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 157
Cardboard Crusader by Toban Myastan.png

Remember those cardboard armor sets we would make as kids? No? Just me? For me, these things symbolize creativity and imagination, and since that's one of the things that Terraria is all about, I thought it would make a great fit.

Cardboard Crusader by Toban Myastan.png
I just feel that it does a good job representing creativity. When I was a kid, I loved making things, and cardboard was my main material. So this to me represents creativity and imagination and since that is what creativity is all about, I feel that it is a good concept compared to those who just want to immortalize their OC.

Here is my entry, i actually really love summoner and i want a vanity related to that i like necromancer and the lich is perfect i sketched this out and made it into terraria ( i tried)
so what is it:
head: the skull and crown
torso: the robe ( so no pants)
its a special one you get from the mages in the dungeons (i think it fits) really low chance for each piece but worth it,
effect: depending on the level of your mana bar the decor and color surronding the vanity changes with the gem on top changing color also ( like when full its more powerfull emiting effects and adding stuff but when the mana gets lower the vanity or the player's lich gets weaker idk or vice versa it adds when the mana drops ) i put the red stuff in the sketch as to example of what changes i really hope it get in because it my dream to be a NECROMANCER (like a lich)
The Lich Vanity.png
1584207856409.png
1584207944273.png
20200314_182453.jpg

Attachments

• The Lich Vanity.png
    The Lich Vanity.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 143
  • The Lich Vanity Set.png
    The Lich Vanity Set.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 113
this thing.png

its not a full set but just a hat or mask or helmet thing
i made this thing so long ago i dont do pixel art anymore so i couldnt make it into a terraria sprite but this is probably my best pixel art lol, so i guessed ill just post it and see if it gets into the game, i really wish i could make this into a sprite but i have absolutely forgoten how to pixel art and its frustrating trying to make something, so
lets just say its skeletron's head crying crimson tears while engulfed by the cursed fire of the corruption
(now that i think about it, it kinda resembles ghost rider so i hope that isnt a problem)
i hope anyone likes it

This is the Cavalier Vanity Set, based off of a Spanish Conquistador, and a mercenary. In the picture, it has the 5 pictures needed for all the items. The Black on the Mannequin is where the characters skin and face would be showing. This is a unisex armor set, so, it looks the same on both genders. Thanks for looking.
1584208608886.png

Mushroom set.png

Before I talk about my set. good luck to you all!!!!!!

My Vanity Set Idea

This is a glowing mushroom vanity set, I made this because I would love to have the vanity set completed and not just include the mushroom cap.The mushroom cap does look nice I think it should be a bit more bloated like every glowing mushroom sprite except the truffles is. I believe the cap should still be included though as I said it looks nice. I would of drawn this in pixel art but i cant do pixel art and have a drawing tablet. This should be sold or dropped from the truffle,I don't mind which. Also I believe the Dryad said it would make us a fun guy.

The Mushy Hat

I want it to be large and round of similar proportions to the afro hairstyle ( Hope I spelt that right btw) as anything bigger than this might be obnoxious. The fluff for comfort after a long day of walking in a cactus suit.

The Mushy Hoodie

This is meant to look like a stem ( please colour fix it ). It is basically the truffles torso with more prominent streaks down the side.

The Mushy Pants

Like the Mushy hoodie but pants........

Conclusion

Please take my submission into consideration, I made this account just for it. I have been playing for at least 5 years now. Love the game you have spent so much time on sad but happy to see it come to an end, a journeys end.

From, a random British guy.

P.S. I'm sure your all fun guys.

Last edited:
Keldor-Terraria.png

Original Character Submission: KELDOR

Features:
- Red-Tinted Goggles that rest on his head
- V1 (Preferred) A Suit Jacket over a Dress Shirt with a Red Tie
- V2 A Fancy Vest over a Dress Shirt with a Red Tie
- Dress Pants with Dress Shoes

Just some basic crusader armor, the chestpiece covers the front of the legs and sticks out the back a little too, the legs and sleeves are chainmail, skin is visible between the sleeves and gloves.

Attachments

• Terrari Contest.png
    Terrari Contest.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 117
46253a889bda728.png

I made this concept of a demonic armor with a burning crown, the crown has movement and the fire that sprouts from its legs I also hope and you like it since this is my first time doing this, and I wish it was in my favorite game. (I don't speak English so try to translate this). Thank you

Attachments

• pixel-art-terraria-pixilart.png
    pixel-art-terraria-pixilart.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 88
Impact Vanity outfit

Based on a yellow/orange Crash test dummy. If possible, Dropped or sold by the mechanic.

Edit: The Head, Torso, and Legs are respectively named Impact head, Impact Body, and Impact Bracers;
All set pieces have 1 defense;
Set bonus: Increased player knockback and fall speed.

Impact Full Body.png
Impact split.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom