Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not suggesting that content from mods will be reused. I am suggesting that the modding community, where most of the talented spriters are found, posses a distinct advantage due to the requirement for art to be used as a part of the submission.
Then that's not an advantage "the modding community" as a whole has, that's just an advantage individual people who are already good at spriting have. If this contest is rigged in favour of people who have already spent a considerable amount of their life honing their art skills (if it is at all), I personally wouldn't consider that an unfair advantage.
Also, that requirement reeks of "we want to add content without having to make content, so do the hard part of the work for us".
I can assure you that narrowing down what are as of yet over 3000 entries to a final selection takes far more time than designing three vanity sets, which is the only "hard work" Re-Logic is skipping on, considering they're still respriting and implementing the sets themselves.

Where do i submit, oh and does it have to be digital art, or can it be drawn and written in a piece of paper?

Tip: if you weren't smart enough to realize this is not the right thread to post your design, it's probably not good enough to submit. edit: that was rude of me. Sorry for being rude. It's true tho

Last edited:
One question.
When we draw/design our ideas do we have to separate the head, torso and legs slot from each other? Or can our drawing/design look like a character would if they were wearing the set in game

Good luck to everyone submitting ideas!

One question.
When we draw/design our ideas do we have to separate the head, torso and legs slot from each other? Or can our drawing/design look like a character would if they were wearing the set in game

Good luck to everyone submitting ideas!
It's up to you, but if you have the spare time, drawing both is a good idea

Tip: if you weren't smart enough to realize this is not the right thread to post your design, it's probably not good enough to submit. edit: that was rude of me. Sorry for being rude. It's true tho
You've already been told to stop belittling other members and their submission and yet you continue to do so, even in the face of your own acknowledgements (and non-apologies) of being rude.

You have been banned from posting in this thread. If people's submissions are not up to your standards, then you can just keep that to yourself.

it would be cool if there was a NPC in terraria like a taylor that could allow you to make a custom vanity on a blank outline of a terraria figure;)

View attachment 244969
(Weapons just for pose)
Tombstone Armor: Because I need a use for all those graves that litter my baby softcore world. Can be crafted at an anvil from tombstones, 35 for the helmet, 30 for the breastplate, and 25 for the greaves.
Unlike most rare items it is not a show of power, but instead a show of failure, kinda like an anti-achievement.
(Completely optional but maybe there could be an alternate set crafted from the nicer looking tombstones that you get when you die with more money, with like a gold and black color scheme or something)
I love th
Ent costume
(An ent is a living tree mythical creature for those who don’t know)
Tooltip: “As the trees dance in the wind, so do you”

crafting station: Living Loom/random drop from forest enemies.

Helmet recipe: 80 wood 20 acorn

Chest recipe: 140 wood 40 acorn

Greaves recipe: 100 wood 30 acorn

Blocks all of the player except for visible accessories. ex: cloud in a bottle red balloon etc.

Optional stuff to add
Fireflies are optional to add, although they could be a set bonus or light pet

If worn in the armor slots it could give as much defense as wood armor?

swaying idle animation to fit tooltip?

fireflies only come out at night?
Conclusion:
I hope you like this submission. tried to make it look as much like a real Terraria character so it would be easier to sprite in game. I was afraid that if I sprited it myself the image would be too small; so I opted to draw it instead. I hope the judges choose well and good luck to everyone else who submitted.View attachment 244979
thank you all for liking my submission!

i call it: warrior of light or something like that.
lore: "there once was a brave warrior in the lands of terraria, walking on clouds and fighting for the good. but then he was slain by the mighty moon lord, his armor remains to be worn by another brave warrior."
i did two variants of the helmet, i like them both kind of.
the feather on his helmet could also be animated to sway as he walks, so could the cape hanging off his back. the glowing stone hanging on his belt could be animated to be pulsing and actually glowing. he is wearing a chain mail with green shoulder pads a white piece of cloth covering the chain mail for extra warmth. his pants are made from woven metals, too. his feet are protected by solid metal boots - the same material as his arm bracers.

You literally copied Solaire from Dark Souls 1. Don't think this was your own idea, buddy.

Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
But if we ask for you and we get authorization, can we ? \(・ᗜ・)/

I feel like making it a community vote is not a very good idea, cause the winners are gonna be the ones with the best art, not the best idea. If the vanity sets chosen are given a mockup sprite and not use the art it was based off of, it might be better, but that would be a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom