tModLoader Merciless Mode

Don't have any solid debug info for you but while merciless is installed, sometimes things will take a bajillion ( several hundeds of thousands ) damage when they should only take like 600.

And this happens some time into playthrough pretty randomly and lingers on the save until this mod is removed.
I accidentally 1 tapped king slime cus of that and now he's cleared on my boss list but I can barely scratch him under normal circumstances...

:eek:

Oh boy that's a major issue. Are you able to discern any pattern at all? Any weapon in particular that you noticed that triggered it? And when you said it lingers on the save, do you mean that once it happens, ALL weapons do absurd amounts of damage until the mod is disabled?

Does that mean that the destroyer emblem is worthless in this mode?

By itself, yes. However, with use of lucky potions, since they enable crit chance, it can be used. To make it not competely useless however, i'm likely going to add another attribute to it, so it isn't useless most of the time.

It happened when I was fighting lepus from Consolaria for the second time and using the dirt trap from ExpandedSentries
it took several thousands of damage instead of the appropriate 400.

Since neither of those things are from merciless I can only conclude that some fundamental system change merciless does is at fault.
Without merciless mod this issue goes away and never comes back.

Also it's not every time, it seems random but also predictable if that makes sense:

Like only some regions on my screen where I place the trap will produce insane damage?
Only sometimes when I hit something with a sword will it take insane damage?
But if it's the same enemy in the same area it will consistently take the massive damage.

To describe more precisely, I set up a box with a medusa statue in it.
The medusa spawns, then walks over a pressure plate that spawns another, then walks into my trap.
This medusa ALWAYS takes bajillion damage.

BUT

if I'm standing in a vastly different spot and the trap is still there, meaning the medusa takes a different path to get there I guess
They will not take massive damage.

It happened when I was fighting lepus from Consolaria for the second time and using the dirt trap from ExpandedSentries
it took several thousands of damage instead of the appropriate 400.

Since neither of those things are from merciless I can only conclude that some fundamental system change merciless does is at fault.
Without merciless mod this issue goes away and never comes back.

Also it's not every time, it seems random but also predictable if that makes sense:

Like only some regions on my screen where I place the trap will produce insane damage?
Only sometimes when I hit something with a sword will it take insane damage?
But if it's the same enemy in the same area it will consistently take the massive damage.

To describe more precisely, I set up a box with a medusa statue in it.
The medusa spawns, then walks over a pressure plate that spawns another, then walks into my trap.
This medusa ALWAYS takes bajillion damage.

BUT

if I'm standing in a vastly different spot and the trap is still there, meaning the medusa takes a different path to get there I guess

That is... really odd and specific. There's nothing that I have implemented (as it stands) that changes anything that has to do with npc position that effects damage. It's got me stumped on what exactly is happening. If I could recreate the bug I could maybe see whats happening, but this is really strange, that's for sure. But seeing how the issue goes away if you remove the merciless mode, it has to be something on this end, as you have concluded. When I have the chance I will look into this specifically. Game breaking bug, that's for sure. Thank you again for the report.

So I tried to reproduce the bug for about an hour, to no avail. Downloaded both consolaria and expanded sentries, and tried to recreate the medusa statue box using the dirt sentry (which i am assuming is the soil rod weapon), along with summoning king slime and lepus individually and the damage given to them is what was expected. If it's at all possible, could you provide video/image of bug taking place so I can try and reproduce the bug?

Not at the moment, but I could re-enable the mod later and capture something.
Hopefully I remember, bit busy atm from other things.

Not at the moment, but I could re-enable the mod later and capture something.
Hopefully I remember, bit busy atm from other things.

Alright, take your time, it's of no rush. No one else has reported the bug so i don't think it's quite as widespread, so I will continue to work on the mod as normal. Whenever you are available, thank you :)

Version 0.5 is now out!

This latest update includes a plethora of changes, including the (hopefully) long awaited boss ability changes! Check the original forum post for a new tab on what new abilities the bosses now have!

I did my best to iron out as many bugs as possible (which is part of the reason this took so long, along with the boss changes), but of course, I probably missed stuff, so please let me know about any bugs you find or issues you encounter.

A TON of changes to the mod as a whole has changed (including a huge change in stat modifications), so if you want a full list of changes, check out the "Changelog" tab!

Also, thanks for everyone for using the mod so far and reaching 1000+ downloads! :)

Good luck everyone!

How does this mod stack with Calamity's "Revengance" and "Death" mode, Fargo's Soul "Eternity" mode and lastly Elements Awoken "Awakened" mode. Do things such as for example mob spawn rates or increased damage/defense stack additive or multiplicative or does it take numbers from modpack that has the highest rate / bigger numbers?

How does this mod stack with Calamity's "Revengance" and "Death" mode, Fargo's Soul "Eternity" mode and lastly Elements Awoken "Awakened" mode. Do things such as for example mob spawn rates or increased damage/defense stack additive or multiplicative or does it take numbers from modpack that has the highest rate / bigger numbers?

afaik they all stack multiplicatively

yes, they all stack multiplicatively, the stat boosts at least. however, with the full release of the mod, i'm planning on removing the enemy stat boosts, so that will be irrelevant in due time. however, the stuff like the defense, spawn rate increase, and other miscellaneous changes will stay. as it stands you are welcome to combine this mod with other difficulty enhancing modes, however there is no guarantee things won't be exponentially more powerful. also, the boss ai changes haven't been quite tested for other difficulty enhancing modes (eternity mode, death, etc.), so be careful when combining.

Back
Top Bottom