What is the absolute bane of your existence in Terraria?

I’m sad when I see this because my minions found a rainbow slime but it despawned and now I’m hallowing my entire tundra and I don’t care what you say about it
52F8F94E-17D1-46C0-883D-E56F3D9EB1B1.png

One word: RNG.
On one hand, I've gotten several biome keys and other extremely rare drops without even trying. On the other hand, I've killed the Lunatic Cultist 18 times and counting (Including defeating the Lunar Events and Moon Lord countless times) just to try and get his mask.
He still hasn't dropped it, much to my annoyance. If I weren't playing on console, I would've used an inventory editor to get it ages ago.

The Wall of Flesh, it is almost always the only boss in my playthrough which I never beat in my first try ever.

Martian. Saucers. Are. Unbearably. Annoying. So you've started Martian Madness, woefully underequipped, and are actually making okay progress despite dying 5 times in a row, when suddenly the saucer comes in and slaughters you and your NPCs. "But it despawned, right? Now you can continue the event, right?" Nooooo, another one spawns in, reverting your progress on killing it and butchering you again. "But cant I just end the event by killing the other enemies?" Nooooo, the spawn rate of everything else has hit absolute rock bottom. First time doing martian madness I got stuck in this loop for probably an hour or more. At least you can cheese the saucer, which I now know after that horror show.

Expert Plantera...

What's this you made an arena? Time to fill up half of it and charge at you at high speeds.
Now I have to make another arena cause Plantera's spawning is so annoying.
Which makes me not want to spend time making a good arena
Which increases the chance I die again.
On most playthroughs I end up killing duke fishron first and tsunaming plantera, and I'm still likely to lose.
I've trivialised every other boss in terraria but I still struggle with expert plantera.
Duke fishron peace of cake, expert skeletron pathetic, moonlord eh he tries I guess, but Plantera...

Martian. Saucers. Are. Unbearably. Annoying. So you've started Martian Madness, woefully underequipped, and are actually making okay progress despite dying 5 times in a row, when suddenly the saucer comes in and slaughters you and your NPCs. "But it despawned, right? Now you can continue the event, right?" Nooooo, another one spawns in, reverting your progress on killing it and butchering you again. "But cant I just end the event by killing the other enemies?" Nooooo, the spawn rate of everything else has hit absolute rock bottom. First time doing martian madness I got stuck in this loop for probably an hour or more. At least you can cheese the saucer, which I now know after that horror show.
His attacks are some of the easiest to dodge in the game... after you've learned them.

They are SO HARD to learn though...

My bane is actually modded, that being the Queen Jellyfish’s waterspout attack.

You can barely escape but you have to be far away but guess what?! YOU CANT GET FAR AWAY. This is bc she uses it CONSTANTLY which means youre just gonna get sucked in and BAM! You dead! But on the contrary, it also saved me bc of how long the attack is, I respawn before she leaves and I do some damage! And then die from the same attack, then respawn, repeat. But it also killed a lot of my towns peoples. :sigh: I think I’m done

Being forced to hunt down the Rod of Discord every time I start Hardmode. At least mods make it easier to get. Much easier. As for foes, the number one disease vector grinds my gears every time I play ranged. Sure, they're not much of a threat in Hardmode, but if you have a gun in Pre-Hardmode, these things are hard to shoot at.

Being forced to hunt down the Rod of Discord every time I start Hardmode. At least mods make it easier to get. Much easier. As for foes, the number one disease vector grinds my gears every time I play ranged. Sure, they're not much of a threat in Hardmode, but if you have a gun in Pre-Hardmode, these things are hard to shoot at.
Forced? what? I've never needed it before, sure it's nice when luck throws it at me but I've never bothered farming it. You can literally just pretend the rod doesn't exist and the game is still very beatable.

Back
Top Bottom