Weapons & Equip Alternate Gem Robes For Summoners (And some extra summoner gear!)

Derpinator-9000🪓

The Destroyer
Summoner is a class that lacks a lot of gear and options compared to the other classes in Terraria. During the start of the game, Mages used to have almost no armor or weapons that benefit them, but this changed when Gem Robes were added, an armor that boosts maximum mana and reduces mana usage, giving mages a boost in the early game. Summoners are getting new early gear in the 1.4 update, but they still lack any armor or accessories that help them out until after defeating Queen Bee and getting Bee Armor. So, I think that there should be alternate versions of each gem robe for summoners. They should probably have a unique sprite as well, but since I can't do that I'm going to be using the normal gem robe sprites as a placeholder.

RobeMagic StatsSummoner Alternate Stats
amythest.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 20
Reduces Mana Usage by 5%
Increases Summoning Damage by 3%
topaz.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 40
Reduces Mana Usage by 7%
Defense 1
Increases Summoning Damage by 4%
Defense 1
sapphire.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 40
Reduces Mana Usage by 9%
Defense 1
Increases Summoning Damage by 6%
Defense 1
emerald.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 60
Reduces Mana Usage by 11%
Defense 2
Increases Summoning Damage by 8%
Defense 2
ruby.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 60
Reduces Mana Usage by 13%
Defense 2
Increases Summoning Damage by 10%
Increases Maximum Minions by 1
Defense 2
diamond.pngIncreases Maximum Mana by 80
Reduces Mana Usage by 15%
Defense 3
Increases Summoning Damage by 12%
Increases Maximum Minions by 1
Defense 3
wizard.png15% Increased Magic Damage
Defense 2
8% Increased Summoning Damage
Defense 2

The reasoning for the Summoner's Wizard Hat giving less increased Summoning damage is because the mage robes do not give an increase to magic damage, however, the summoning robes do. This means mages can get a maximum of 15% increased magic damage with a Diamond Robe and hood, while summoners can get a maximum of 20% increased Summoning damage with a fully maxed out set of gear.

Mages also are able to craft gem staves with the gemstones they collect, but summoners use different weapon types. So to make up for this, Summoners can craft an accessory for themselves!

Gemstone Amulet - 10 Gold/Platinum Bars, and 5 of each gemstone (not counting amber)
This accessory will give you 1 more minion, adding more power to a Summoner in the early game. With these new additions, Summoners will be able to get a much stronger start in a fresh Terraria playthrough. For example, someone with the amulet, a diamond summoner robe, and a wizard hat will have...

20% Increased Summoning Damage
+1 Max Minions (Diamond Robe)
+1 Max Minions (Gemstone Amulet)
+1 More Max Minion (Summoning Potion)
For a total of 4 Minions! That's quite the boost in power

And for later in prehardmode, wearing Bee Armor...

23% Increased Summoning Damage
+2 Max Minions (Bee Armor)
+1 Max Minions (Gemstone Amulet)
+1 Max Minions (Summoning Potion)
+1 Max Minions (Bewitching Table)
For a total of 6 Minions!

Anyways, thanks for checking out my suggestion. If you have any ideas or suggestions to change, such as your own ideas or stat balancing ideas, be sure to comment them, as i'd like to make this idea as balanced and as good as it can be!

This is a nice idea, but how about both Summoner and Magic stats are used by the gem robes? as in instead of making a whole new set of robes, just add the summoner stats to them?
This is a possible solution too. Either benefits for both classes on the robes or an alternate robe will do nicely I think.

About this suggestion I need to say that there is a detail that you forgot: The different armor of the different damage classes (Melee, Ranged, Magic and Summon) bring different statistics and that, in this order that I presented, are getting smaller and smaller.

As an example I can say all the Hardmode armor that has a different type of Helmet for each type of damage, Note them well: Do you notice that they bring in a less and less defense order, for example?

Back
Top Bottom