Sprites Pride Banners!

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
This suggestion was originally going to be for the journey's end contest as pride pins, but those would be too small to make out the pixel art for, but banners would work! I made sprites for them:
Pride Banners.png

1. Gay Pride (used as a general symbol for LGBT pride movement, but also male x male homosexuality)
2. Bisexual Pride
3. Lesbian Pride
4. Transgender Pride
5. Nonbinary Pride
6. Genderqueer Pride
7. Genderfluid Pride
8. Intersex Pride
9. Asexual Pride
10. Pansexual Pride
11. MAD Pride (Not very official, but as a member of the mental health community I like this flag)
12. Autistic Pride

It was a lot of fun looking into the different pride flags, and learning more about what these groups are! The links arent to anything fishy, they're some more information on the movements/groups the flags represent

Full support. Definitely think these should make it into the game.

Edit: I think that they should use the same recipe as the plain coloured banners (3 silk at a Loom)

Last edited:
I think this game should not contain them.
It just doesn't sound like Terraria
It would not make sense to add political ideas to a game with an adventure aspect
It just doesn't fit with the game
This is a game meant for all people to agree on.
I'm simply saying it doesn't fit with the lore
Would me wearing a maga hat be political

Hi Deebos06 - please don't double (or triple) post. If you have something to add, please use the edit button below your post.
For now, I've merged them but please don't do it again.

If all the creators agree on anything that goes in the game, no one gets to give a :red: about it. Start a petition and lets see how many people with disagree with this suggestion.
Neither does a Creeper Suit, the Arkhalis, and the myriad of dev items in the game.
Yes, because MAGA is a political movement. It's one thing to call MAGA political, and another to call :red:ing pride banners political. In this day and age, in 2020, I refuse for anyone to reject them. And uneducated kids would just think they're colorful splashes anyways.

Also, don't triple post. Use the edit button.

If it bothers people that much, they could just put them in the game as “rainbow” or “multicolored” banners, and the people who would use them could adapt them accordingly.

I hope this becomes a part of Journey's end. This seems like it would be easy to implement (don't quote me on that, I don't know), but it would mean tons to people who support/fall into those categories.

I definitely didn't like that idea.
Terraria is not a game designed to be talking about the inclusion of people of different genres or things like that.
It is simply an impartial game in which everyone can have fun regardless of color/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, mental or physical disability.

Moreover I have something more to say: Why are there only flags for these types and heterosexual people don't have one? Is there any reason to be proud of being gay or lesbian or of any other sexuality? The only thing we owe to these people is respect and education with them, but these people have no reason to stand out in society.

Terraria is not a game designed to be talking about the inclusion of people of different genres or things like that.
It is simply an impartial game in which everyone can have fun regardless of color/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, mental or physical disability.

Moreover I have something more to say: Why are there only flags for these types and heterosexual people don't have one? Is there any reason to be proud of being gay or lesbian or of any other sexuality? The only thing we owe to these people is respect and education with them, but these people have no reason to stand out in society.
We have to do things like this because these people are often disrespected by the majority of society.

It seems to be getting a bit heated here, so let's everyone take a step back, please.

A few things to keep in mind:
  1. Suggestions are meant to be for entertainment only. Re-Logic decides what belongs in their game, not the forum members or the result of some poll or petition.
  2. Suggestions can certainly be incorporated into mods, and then those who like the idea can have them without bothering those who don't like them.
  3. While these banners may not be political by themselves, putting them into the game would certainly be a political statement.
Given these points, the suggestion is as valid as any other on the forum, but I would seriously doubt that it will be added to the game, so if you are opposed to it then just move on to something else.

I totally agree

Being proud is a way to inform those who dislike your identity that you aren't going to change yourself because they say so. It's a good cause, but unfortunately Tunnel King is right that even if the banners aren't political in themselves, Re-Logic is a company, and it wouldn't be the wisest decision to show an opinion on this.

Being proud is a way to inform those who dislike your identity that you aren't going to change yourself because they say so. It's a good cause, but unfortunately Tunnel King is right that even if the banners aren't political in themselves, Re-Logic is a company, and it wouldn't be the wisest decision to show an opinion on this.
It pains me to say this, but I think he is sorta right

Back
Top Bottom